Time to label Marquise Goodwin a BUST!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh...I knew this was just a matter of time.

The guy has incredible speed. Not his fault he has a heaping pile of dog poo for QB and offensive coaches.

Just watch the separation he gets when he runs. I always keep an eye on him when he's on the field, and its amazing how fast he is. The way he's built, it's no surprise he gets hurt. But on any competent offense, he would be an instant threat.

Ugh...I knew this was just a matter of time.

The guy has incredible speed. Not his fault he has a heaping pile of dog poo for QB and offensive coaches.

Just watch the separation he gets when he runs. I always keep an eye on him when he's on the field, and its amazing how fast he is. The way he's built, it's no surprise he gets hurt. But on any competent offense, he would be an instant threat.

hahaha

you don't take a chance on a "good athlete" that maybe will turn into a football player in the 3rd round. the late rounds are for projects like that. 3rd round you want to get someone who can step in and play right away. look at what Preston Brown has done this year for example

so no?

Time to cue all the "he is a great weapon, just like CJ Spiller if this idiot OC could just gameplan for them"

Get over it people. Really good players don't need gimmicks to get the ball and be effective.

They might not need gimmicks but they do need to play for a coach who puts them on the field during the game.

It ain't rocket surgery.

They might not need gimmicks but they do need to play for a coach who puts them on the field during the game.

It ain't rocket surgery.

watch both of them over the remainder of their careers. Ill bet you a sick pack they don't have 20 touchdowns between the both of them for the remainder of their careers.

watch both of them over the remainder of their careers. Ill bet you a sick pack they don't have 20 touchdowns between the both of them for the remainder of their careers.

I wouldn't bet on TJ Graham if my life depended on it. Graham is NOT Goodwin. They are completely different players... one can catch, the other can catch colds and lie down in the endzone on kickoffs.

I have been as critical of Goodwin as possible and as supportive of Graham as possible. Goodwin still offered something that Graham did not, but ultimately it does not matter because it is wiped away with the fact that Goodwin is glass.

That said, its not time to call him a bust. Give him another year.

I agree with another poster that "busts" can't come out of the first round, and I'd even be willing to extend "bust" to the second round, but not the third round, particularly when a team isn't reliant upon that player's or that player's position contributing. In the case of the 2013 draft, we drafted Robert Woods a round prior, making the Goodwin pick some what of a luxury pick.

Now, if we're holding the FO to a standard that suggests the draft is anything BUT a crap shoot, then we're being unreasonable. If we're saying teams shouldn't duplicate a position for "luxury" purposes, we must first consider hindsight when calling it "luxury" then also consider the Kyle Williams/John McCargo and Henderson/Kujo pairings.

I did, however, find this interesting: http://goo.gl/8cTzHJ

I didn't realize Antonio Brown was a sixth rounder. That tells you everything you need to know about the NFL draft. **** IS RANDOM

Edited by The Big Cat

Meh, I always believe you can't consider someone a "bust" when they aren't a 1st round pick.

Goodwin is a track star. He's a speed demon in a straight line but he's not a very good football player. He runs average routes, isn't very fluid in his breaks, has average hands etc. He's just a gifted athlete who isn't good at football. No bigs.

Yup; the Bills took a shot at a track guy hoping they could steal a deep threat in the draft. It's always a high risk move; sometimes it works (Willie Gault, Bob Hayes), sometimes it doesn't (Renaldo Nehemiah, Johnny 'Lam' Jones).

Yup; the Bills took a shot at a track guy hoping they could steal a deep threat in the draft. It's always a high risk move; sometimes it works (Willie Gault, Bob Hayes), sometimes it doesn't (Renaldo Nehemiah, Johnny 'Lam' Jones).

How do you think Goodwin would look with Big Ben throwing him the ball?

Actually that gives me an idea: trade him!