elizabeth warren is correct on this

birdog1960

It's absurd. It's not like he's simply misinformed on some aspects; he's spectacularly misinformed on all aspects, and seems to draw his misinformation from his own demented worldview. Further, he manages to embrace the whole thing, and is comically and outspokenly opinionated in his ignorance.

Like will smiths children.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's absurd. It's not like he's simply misinformed on some aspects; he's spectacularly misinformed on all aspects, and seems to draw his misinformation from his own demented worldview. Further, he manages to embrace the whole thing, and is comically and outspokenly opinionated in his ignorance.

Sadly, hes not alone. People describe hedge fund managers like Bond super villains operating out of volcano lairs fleecing the world with super computers powered by black magic.

It would be nice if they at least leveled the right criticism against hedge funds with their algorithm based trading. Heres a good piece:

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2014/09/04/hfts-circus-market-and-a-dash-for-trash-fund-manager-lets-loose/

Meanwhile, the methods employed by the most famous and arguably most successful investor of all time, Buffet, are about as sexy as a xanax fueled, missionary position romp through a hole in the bed sheet.

Sadly, hes not alone. People describe hedge fund managers like Bond super villains operating out of volcano lairs fleecing the world with super computers powered by black magic.

It would be nice if they at least leveled the right criticism against hedge funds with their algorithm based trading. Heres a good piece:

http://blogs.wsj.com...ger-lets-loose/

Meanwhile, the methods employed by the most famous and arguably most successful investor of all time, Buffet, are about as sexy as a xanax fueled, missionary position romp through a hole in the bed sheet.

Well...it's hedge fund managers who tried to drive GM into bankruptcy...

(By insisting that GM pay back money it borrowed, the bastards.)

You don't have access to his information but do you have access to his fund? I don't have access to a doctor's tools but I have access to a doctor I must pay to perform my surgery. You don't hear me bitching about that do you?

the difference is that nothing is stopping you from getting into med school. it's largely a meritocracy. high finance, insider info, shoulder rubbing? not so much.

the difference is that nothing is stopping you from getting into med school. it's largely a meritocracy. high finance, insider info, shoulder rubbing? not so much.

Just when I thought that you couldn't get dumber, you up the ante.

Wall Street is well known to make stars out of smart poor kids who have the drive & ambition. Bear Stearns' informal hiring motto was poor, smart & hungry.

Just when I thought that you couldn't get dumber, you up the ante.

Wall Street is well known to make stars out of smart poor kids who have the drive & ambition. Bear Stearns' informal hiring motto was poor, smart & hungry.

sure, they trot the outliers out every now and then to support the illusion. but mostly the pedigrees are strikingly similar.

There's usually more than a hint of envy in each of his diatribes about the financial sector.

you can't fathom outrage without envy can you? they are distinct entities that sometimes occur together. but certainly not necessarily.

there is a disporportionate number of ivy league (or european equivalents) grads from old money families inhabiting the c level suites of top financial institutions all over the world.

not envy. just not highly merit based,

Edited by birdog1960

you can't fathom outrage without envy can you? they are distinct entities that sometimes occur together. but certainly not necessarily.

there is a disporportionate number of ivy league (or european equivalents) grads from old money families inhabiting the c level suites of top financial institutions all over the world.

Prove it.

Unlike the top of the very government that's going to save you from these horrible indiscretions. Right? :lol:

Unlike the top of the very government that's going to save you from these horrible indiscretions. Right? :lol:

I mean... It's just f*&(*ng amazing with these people, isn't it? I shouldn't be amazed anymore, but the inability to connect dots among the populace is just breathtakingly astounding.

Wait, so are you looking for a job in finance and you're pissed that you don't have the pedigree to get in? Is that what the !@#$ you're getting at here? :doh:

Wait, so are you looking for a job in finance and you're pissed that you don't have the pedigree to get in? Is that what the !@#$ you're getting at here? :doh:

You should know very well Jim, that no one ever got ahead in the financial markets without an Ivy League degree - or at least they were admitted to one of them and daddy got them a job at the firm when they flunked out.