Marrone in 2015

BmarvB

Year 3 will be a make it or break it year for Marrone & Hackett. I just hope Whaley continues to come across useful pickups and gets a couple good guards. QB will be a tough one, but a trade for an upgrade at the position is an option at the right price. Preferably a veteran with playoff experience who's won more than 60% of the games he's started.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just last week Marrone admitted he didn't know that Hughes was out of the DL rotation for much of the second half. The same coach who, like his predecessors, punted from mid-field on 4th and short, particularly while behind late. And now he's heralded as a COY candidate?

I recognize a lot of fans want instant gratification because the team beat one of the best teams in the NFL. Beat the Raiders in Oakland and the Patriots away and then yeah, you can start talking culture change.

I put it elsewhere but this is completely overblown. Hughes normally plays 70% of the snaps. He missed that mark by 7.5 snaps.

Very few people are heralding him as coty. Hell I probably am one of his biggest defenders and I won't even mention him in that conversation. That award is Bruce Arian's alone.

We can start talking culture change now seeing as the team has its first non losing season in 10 years!

BV, I think it's ok to let your opinions evolve every once in awhile. I don't like the guy. His offense is unimaginative and passive. More importantly, I don't like his personality - I think he's a thin-skinned stubborn blowhard who may not be cut out to coach in the big leagues. I've said all year that he should be fired. Having said that, now that his players are defending him and are playing hard for him week in and week out, and now that they have demonstrated that they can step up and beat a very good opponent, at home, in December, and now that his team is marching towards its first winning record in a decade, even you should realize that he probably deserves another year, and possibly even some accolades given the meager QBs he has been given to work with.

That said - if they flop against Oakland and New England, he's back on the spit, as far as I'm concerned. All bets should be off.

I'm just not one to get too excited too quickly. Call me skeptical, but I went to one game this year and it was Sunday and there was some energy at RWS against an elite team.

One thing I did like about Marrone was a willingness to confront management to get the resources, particularly to finally sign a durable veteran QB. I haven't seen a HC spar with senior management and not accept the status quo.

I just need to see a strong finish with wins at Oakland and New England.

I'm just not one to get too excited too quickly. Call me skeptical, but I went to one game this year and it was Sunday and there was some energy at RWS against an elite team.

One thing I did like about Marrone was a willingness to confront management to get the resources, particularly to finally sign a durable veteran QB. I haven't seen a HC spar with senior management and not accept the status quo.

I just need to see a strong finish with wins at Oakland and New England.

The Patriots are 44-5 in the month of December since 2003. They're currently on a 16 game winning streak in the month of December.

Good thing for your schtick that you couched your pass/fail metric with a win in Foxboro.

While I've changed my stance on Marrone somewhat when I found that he wanted to change certain O line players and was overruled by the FO. I still feel the offense should hold more importance then special teams, and the HC's focus should be on the Buffalo Bills tire fire of an offense.

Hackett did much better this game with the run game, and some misdirection plays that took some pressure off of Orton. Dunno where that has been all year.

I feel these last two games will mean so much to the offensive side of the coaching staff, and even Marrone. The Dolphins HC Joe Philbin is on the hot seat, and he has been able to beat the Patriots at least once every year for three years now. Marrone 0, Belichick 3. JMO

Just last week Marrone admitted he didn't know that Hughes was out of the DL rotation for much of the second half. The same coach who, like his predecessors, punted from mid-field on 4th and short, particularly while behind late. And now he's heralded as a COY candidate?

I recognize a lot of fans want instant gratification because the team beat one of the best teams in the NFL. Beat the Raiders in Oakland and the Patriots away and then yeah, you can start talking culture change.

I think you and Coach Tuesday are in agreement here.

I gotta respect that opinion. Team has to play it out till the bloody end win or lose ?DIE Trying !!!

any 6th lineman that is dressing that given sunday. if we are running 90% of the time out of that set, we may as well.

Hairston possibly ?

can he play TE ? or at least catch short of the first down marker once in a blue moon?

lol

I understand your point.

The only reason Smith is on the field is to create a ruckus, and he has too much downside with the penalties from a fans perspective

Oh I know the plays and I agree it is frustrating to see but is that Hackett's call or Marrone's? It seems to me, based on Marrone's attitude, that it's him. He's going to run the ball the way he runs it because thats what he does. Stubborn to the end.

Agree

While I've changed my stance on Marrone somewhat when I found that he wanted to change certain O line players and was overruled by the FO. I still feel the offense should hold more importance then special teams, and the HC's focus should be on the Buffalo Bills tire fire of an offense.

Hackett did much better this game with the run game, and some misdirection plays that took some pressure off of Orton. Dunno where that has been all year.

I feel these last two games will mean so much to the offensive side of the coaching staff, and even Marrone. The Dolphins HC Joe Philbin is on the hot seat, and he has been able to beat the Patriots at least once every year for three years now. Marrone 0, Belichick 3. JMO

I wouldn't be disappointed with this change at OC.

I'm not a Nate Hackett fan I'm as frustrated as anyone with the throws to Lee Smith at or behind the line of scrimmage....but can someone tell me what offense works with an interior line that is over powered often, can not move and get out on screens or even simple pull play. Your running game the line doens't allow us to run a step- NOT A STEP. Your tight ends yards after catch for the entire year is 7 and your quarterback is barely serviceable. Orton is not mobile at all but any call for a long pass and it's a jail break with pass protection. For your running back who's not healthy you have a banged up and gutting it out - god love him - Fred Jackson Again what works ? I don't need to hear what doesn't work-

I'm not a Nate Hackett fan I'm as frustrated as anyone with the throws to Lee Smith at or behind the line of scrimmage....but can someone tell me what offense works with an interior line that is over powered often, can not move and get out on screens or even simple pull play. Your running game the line doens't allow us to run a step- NOT A STEP. Your tight ends yards after catch for the entire year is 7 and your quarterback is barely serviceable. Orton is not mobile at all but any call for a long pass and it's a jail break with pass protection. For your running back who's not healthy you have a banged up and gutting it out - god love him - Fred Jackson Again what works ? I don't need to hear what doesn't work-

Not to beat a dead horse but when they spread the field against Denver they had some success. If you are bad up front you need less defensive front 7 players on the field. Hackett actually amplifies our weaknesses instead of hides them. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think its a little bit of both, QB & Oc problems.

#1 The play design is dreadful atrocious it's the worst I ever seen. Especially in the running gm. Sometimes I think Hackett played a little to much Tecmo bowl growing up because it looks like he has 4 plays. His passing plays leave alot to be desired also as there's to much bunch formations and the wrs always look like there running the same routes to close to one another.

#2 the QBs, Orton is gotten worse every gm. It seems like he has lost all his confidence. He almost looks like combination of all out trash qbs combined since Bledsoe. Throwing balls to low to high just bout everywhere but at the wrs hands. He also looks gun shy way to often. Failing to anticipate throwing lanes.

All in all this team is 2/3 there we have excellent Special teams & an incredible borderline Superbowl defense. Which leaves us at this Offense I say blow it up. First off we need to hire an NFL caliber offensive staff. New Oline, Wrs, Rbs coaches then we got to find us a Qb, Rb, Te and 2 guards. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go hard after Ap and Bradford, sign Matt Moore to bkup Bradford keep Ej as 3rd stringer. Fix this line with 2 new guards and some premium coaching. This team can make some serious noise if we can grt this done. Let's go Bills!!

I think its a little bit of both, QB & Oc problems.

#1 The play design is dreadful atrocious it's the worst I ever seen. Especially in the running gm. Sometimes I think Hackett played a little to much Tecmo bowl growing up because it looks like he has 4 plays. His passing plays leave alot to be desired also as there's to much bunch formations and the wrs always look like there running the same routes to close to one another.

#2 the QBs, Orton is gotten worse every gm. It seems like he has lost all his confidence. He almost looks like combination of all out trash qbs combined since Bledsoe. Throwing balls to low to high just bout everywhere but at the wrs hands. He also looks gun shy way to often. Failing to anticipate throwing lanes.

All in all this team is 2/3 there we have excellent Special teams & an incredible borderline Superbowl defense. Which leaves us at this Offense I say blow it up. First off we need to hire an NFL caliber offensive staff. New Oline, Wrs, Rbs coaches then we got to find us a Qb, Rb, Te and 2 guards. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills go hard after Ap and Bradford, sign Matt Moore to bkup Bradford keep Ej as 3rd stringer. Fix this line with 2 new guards and some premium coaching. This team can make some serious noise if we can grt this done. Let's go Bills!!

nice try but no 2012 Miami lost both games to Patriots...Philbin is in year 3 not year 2 and is 7-10 against the AFC total they calapsed last year on their way to the playoffs and now have done it again. He's 1-3 against the Bills