Orton may not be great, but ...

dave mcbride

My god he's better than Drew Stanton and Shaun Hill--a lot better. Those guys are terrible! I'll be surprised if he doesn't opt out of his Bills contract given how horrible the backup qb situation is for so many competitive teams. He's at least average, and I suspect his performance this season may make him a fair chunk of money. Christ, he's performed better than any Jets QB in over half a decade.

Edited by dave mcbride

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay average ! 8-8 forever ! Ship this bum out of town asap.

lol and I think the cards would take him at this point!

Btw he isn't this team's franchise QB. If he was sitting at 9-4 he would be in that conversation. We are still looking. Doesn't mean he isn't better than the two guys playing last night, which was the point!

Edited by YoloinOhio

My god he's better than Drew Stanton and Shaun Hill--a lot better. Those guys are terrible! I'll be surprised if he doesn't opt out of his Bills contract given how horrible the backup qb situation is for so many competitive teams. He's at least average, and I suspect his performance this season may make him a fair chunk of money. Christ, he's performed better than any Jets QB in over half a decade.

Please change your profile picture.

I disagree completely. He'd better take that $ while it's on the table.

Stanton completed a 49 Yard bomb yesterday

Just that in itself makes...........Stanton>Orton

JaMarcus Russell can throw the football 70 yards from his knees.

Russell>Stanton>Orton

Wait, Alex Tanney can throw the football 50 yards into the back of a moving pick-up truck.

Tanney>Russell>Stanton>Orton

What is that thing?

Its so nice to read some good common sense from Bills fans. :thumbsup:

Now, just think if the team had some decent OG's, and built a good run game to take some heat off the bills QB so he isn't throwing it 40+ times a game. With a balanced offense that could actually run the ball to make first down the Bills and a top 10 offense they would be contending for the super bowl with that #5 defense.

I agree, and have to think that if the Pegula's keep Marrone / Hackett that Orton would be very smart to move on. Edited by FeartheLosing

Its a QB driven league and there are not enough good ones to go around. As much as I am upset with the slide he did and not going for the 1st down I think he is our best option right now. You have no idea how much it pained me to say that. I think that putting the same team back on the field next year with all this experience will get us in the playoffs. Remember Kiko Alonso will be back also.

I agree - thought the exact same thing watching that game.

I've often called the Rams the Bills of the NFC. Everything but a QB, in a virtually unwinnable division.

Hilarious -- I said the same thing to my son the other day.

Stanton completed a 49 Yard bomb yesterday

Just that in itself makes...........Stanton>Orton

Orton completed an 86 yard bomb to Watkins.

I gather you're not a Lovecraft fan.

Its so nice to read some good common sense from Bills fans. :thumbsup:

Now, just think if the team had some decent OG's, and built a good run game to take some heat off the bills QB so he isn't throwing it 40+ times a game. With a balanced offense that could actually run the ball to make first down the Bills and a top 10 offense they would be contending for the super bowl with that #5 defense.

Drum-03-june.gif

tumblr_meb4iyrgbx1r955ayo1_500.gif

Edited by Wayne Cubed

I know you don't like the guy, but realize that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

I'm only referring to the aspect of the player option he has. I think he'd be foolish not to exercise it. He's a darn good backup QB, but I doubt he'll get a better offer on the open market.

He's an excellent backup QB, there is no doubt about that.