Bills 5 point Underdogs Against Green Bay

Casey D

GB coming off short week (MNF), and they have very close road wins against Miami, Minn and have road losses to Seattle, Detroit. They have struggled against good defenses.

Rational points. But as a gut reaction it still seems low.

Rational points. But as a gut reaction it still seems low.

I thought so too. However, not a great matchup for GB. Bills offense will likely have success on their defense, and GB has only played two defenses ranked higher than Bills and lost both.

They played the NFC south which has the worst defenses in the league. One matchup to watch is packers C Corey Linsley v. Marcel Dareus. He is a rookie 5th rd draft pick from OSU. He has started all year, but this will be a huge challenge for him.

I think it will be close and come down to turnovers/ penalties like the Denver game.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I would think this would be a harder match up than Denver- even on home turf. We severely limited Manning's passing game. I don't imagine that sort of success agains Rogers. Also, I think the playoff implications for GB are more profound than for the Bills. GB is still playing for their division, and also home field advantage. GB has one of the best home field advantages in the league, IMO, and I think in their eyes home field advantage puts them in the Super Bowl.

Edited by Rocky Landing

GB is still playing for their division, and also home field advantage. GB has one of the best home field advantages in the league, IMO, and I think in their eyes home field advantage puts them in the Super Bowl.

100% correct IMO. Playing at Lambeau right now is such an advantage that we go into every game and just expect to win there. The crowd was in shock last night that it was close. We have just been knocking most teams around at home.

I'd take the desperate Bills at home +5 over the Packers coming off a Monday nighter. Somehow, they need to make Rodgers look ordinary...which they did to Peyton.

If the Bills win they sweep the NFC North. If GB wins, they sweep the AFC East. Interesting...

The Packers are not as good as Denver. I like our chances in this game. If the defense can channel their frustrations into a positive performance there is no way Rodgers beats the Bills.

Rodgers has been beaten, and it can be done. You just need to apply tons of pressure, very quick and lock up the WR's early to take away those options. Also, Quarless is becoming a larger part of the gameplan as of late which is a newer development. He blocks well too.

I'd take the desperate Bills at home +5 over the Packers coming off a Monday nighter. Somehow, they need to make Rodgers look ordinary...which they did to Peyton.

If the Bills win they sweep the NFC North. If GB wins, they sweep the AFC East. Interesting...

not sure they can make him look ordinary but he didn't have his normally amazing game at Minnesota a few weeks ago. His best games seem to be at home or in the playoffs. I just don't like their defense at all. Denver's is much better. They have some talent but the scheme... Meh.

Typical Buffalo inferiority complex that thinks Green Bay should be favored by 10. If Pack fans aren't worried about this game they should be. Green Bay is a .500 team on the road and does not have nearly as explosive an offense away from Lambeau.

Denver is 7-0 at Mile High and any Bronco fan that watched the game should know they have the Bills' sloppiness and the officiating crew to thank for that win.

It'll be 6.5 or higher by gametime. People are laying the wood all over Vegas... As chitty as our offense is, I'm tempted to lay the points rather than take them... Hell, -I'l lay 7.5 without being too scared.

Edited by #34fan

The Packers are not as good as Denver. I like our chances in this game. If the defense can channel their frustrations into a positive performance there is no way Rodgers beats the Bills.

I find it interesting that the opening line was 6 on vegas insider and is now 5 on almost all of the spreads. That means the early money thought the line was high. I agree that Denver had a much better D after watching them the last 2 days. GB offense was scary last night and they still had to hold off a weak Atlanta team at the end. Edited by 75Bills

Case in point on this matchup's surprisingly low spread -

@ChrisTrapasso: Contests vs. BUF have impacted stats, but #Bills have played 7 straight games vs. Ds now ranked in top half of NFL in yds allowed per drive.

@ChrisTrapasso: But #Bills get a break this week. Packers defense is currently 30th in yards allowed per drive and 22nd in points allowed per drive.

@ChrisTrapasso: In fact, Jets (who BUF hung 43 & 38 on) are only D #Bills have faced past 7 games that's currently worse than 16th in pts allowed per drive.

Well, our away PPG is actually the NFL average, which shows how good we are at home. We have just given up a lot on the road.

Talk about a difference in points on the road vs. at home for Green Bay PPG at home: 41.6 (7-0) PPG on road: 22.6 (3-3)

AND it could be a good game, because the Bills are averaging 22.1 at home this year!

Let's just hope we both get out without any injuries.

Well, our away PPG is actually the NFL average, which shows how good we are at home. We have just given up a lot on the road.

AND it could be a good game, because the Bills are averaging 22.1 at home this year!

Let's just hope we both get out without any injuries.

Definitely! Rodgers is the x factor. Just like the Colts almost lost on the road last week, the better QB almost always wins.

GB coming off short week (MNF), and they have very close road wins against Miami, Minn and have road losses to Seattle, Detroit. They have struggled against good defenses.

This angle is being overplayed here. They have lost a single game since week 3. Since week 3, they are 3-1 on the road. Two of the teams they lost to (Detroit and NO) they would crush right now.

The Packers are the best team in the league right now. The Bills are only 4-3 at home, with 3 of those wins coming against the likes of the Browns, Jets and Vikings (and the other was the Fins).

Yes

Welp

Tyler Dunne@TyDunne 12m12 minutes ago

GB is 0-5 in Buffalo. Rodgers: “I’m not concerned about it ...It’ll be great to be a part of the first win in Buffalo, I guess.”

All is not lost boys! This is the NFL and it stands for NOT FOR LONG. Green Bay may be the flavor of the week. Just wait a bit and it will change. Seriously, the matchup is not a bad one for us. GB is capable of having a bad game that we help them to. We can play better at home than we have. It just might all come together.