A great opportunity for the Bills this week

TPS

I'm pretty optimistic about this game, and I'm not a Pie in the Sky kinda guy. While the ratio has dropped considerably in recent years, Monday Night winners who went on the road the following week used to lose outright approx 75% of the time. Again, this has lowered a lot in recent years, but they're prep week is much shorter with a day off and a travel day, bodies don't fully heal and finding immediate replacements for injuries from MNF keep these games uncharacteristicly close, regardless of records.

Will we HAVE to play better on Offense? You betcha!

Just have a good feeling on this game..

Nearly every time the Bills needed to make a statement this season they fell flat. Losses Week 3 versus SD, Week 6 versus NE, Week 10 versus KC, Week 11 at MIA, Week 14 at DEN. One might include the Detroit and Cleveland games, but that's a pretty poor showing to win only 2 of 7 big games.

Nearly every time the Bills needed to make a statement this season they fell flat. Losses Week 3 versus SD, Week 6 versus NE, Week 10 versus KC, Week 11 at MIA, Week 14 at DEN. One might include the Detroit and Cleveland games, but that's a pretty poor showing to win only 2 of 7 big games.

And this is my big beef with this staff. The team beats most of the teams it should but loses just about all the big games it needs. And it continually shows up smallest when it is time to stake a claim or make a statement. Especially against New England.

kj

Where is the signature win for this coaching staff? Maybe I missed it. If so, someone please help me out.

Where is the signature win for this coaching staff? Maybe I missed it. If so, someone please help me out.

I answered in the other thread but I will put it here as well:

Beat Carolina who finished 13-3 last year

Beat Miami last year when Miami needed to win to get in the playoffs 19-0

Beat the 9-4 Lions on the road

Beat the Bears this year on the road when nobody gave them a chance to.

Beat Carolina who finished 13-3 last year (Early in a losing season) Who cares?

Beat Miami last year when Miami needed to win to get in the playoffs 19-0 (Nothing on the line for the Bills) Who cares?

Beat the 9-4 Lions on the road (Gift from the Lions PK)

Beat the Bears this year on the road when nobody gave them a chance to. (The Bears suck) Not a great win.

Sorry. None of those games were in big situations as in the Bills being playoff contenders. When they've had chances to step up and make a statement this season as a good team, they have failed in each instance. Notable failures have been NE, KC, @ MIA, and @ DEN.

They beat GB and I'll be impressed.

Sorry. None of those games were in big situations as in the Bills being playoff contenders. When they've had chances to step up and make a statement this season as a good team, they have failed in each instance. Notable failures have been NE, KC, @ MIA, and @ DEN.

They beat GB and I'll be impressed.

I will also be impressed if they beat GB but the 4 games I listed are 4 games they won that they weren't the favorites or expected to win. Of the 4 games you listed 2 were road games (1 of which was on short rest), 1 was against the team who has owned us for 10+ years, and KC.

Of all of those the KC game is the one that stings the most. It was at home and the Bills had the win in their sights. The others? 2 hof top 10 all time qbs and a division game (against a team Marrone is 3-1 against no less which makes me wonder why the first miami game doesn't count if the second one does) on short rest on the road. Would have been awesome to have those wins but completely understandable losses.

And this is my big beef with this staff. The team beats most of the teams it should but loses just about all the big games it needs. And it continually shows up smallest when it is time to stake a claim or make a statement. Especially against New England.

Eerily reminiscent of the Dick Jauron years.

Doug Ball = Dick Ball

Beat Carolina who finished 13-3 last year

Beat Miami last year when Miami needed to win to get in the playoffs 19-0

Beat the 9-4 Lions on the road

Beat the Bears this year on the road when nobody gave them a chance to.

Beat SB defending Champs Baltimore Ravens 23-20

To me they are all big games. Man it's amazing how this team never dipped below 500 with so many glass half empty fans. Come on, even though there have been missed opportunities this year you have to admit that the team has taken huge strides since last year.

Beat SB defending Champs Baltimore Ravens 23-20

whoops. yes I put that in the other thread but forgot to mention it here. Good catch! :thumbsup:

To me they are all big games. Man it's amazing how this team never dipped below 500 with so many glass half empty fans. Come on, even though there have been missed opportunities this year you have to admit that the team has taken huge strides since last year.

Exactly my point and all I have been trying to say. This team has not been under .500 all year and I am hopeful for what the future may hold!

I said a good team not a mediocre pretender. They should have beaten the Browns easily as they did despite the putrid offensive performance.

Sheesh you are hard to impress :nana: . The fact is I have listed 6 different games for you but they aren't good enough - the sense of entitlement from a Bills fan is shocking! Why does the second Miami game count to you but the first one this year doesn't?

The Bills are 7-6 for the first time in forever. ENJOY IT!

Sheesh you are hard to impress :nana: . The fact is I have listed 6 different games for you but they aren't good enough - the sense of entitlement from a Bills fan is shocking! Why does the second Miami game count to you but the first one this year doesn't?

The Bills are 7-6 for the first time in forever. ENJOY IT!

Because the season was starting to really take shape by that time and it was an important game with regard to establishing themselves as a playoff contender. Meh simply doesn't cut it for me. Not apologizing for that. You settle for it and that's what you get.