Sammy Watkins = The Real Deal

Haef

You don't have to watch any of the actual plays or games to know and proclaim he's soft, you just have to type. Sheesh!

He has been giving up on plays and not competing for catch able balls all season.

That is soft. And many people have been commenting on it.

Edited by peterpan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been giving up on plays and not competing for catch able balls all season.

That is soft. Any many people have been commenting on it.

I complained yesterday about him not running full speed on a fake reverse. And he has given up on a few select plays this year.

But that is not soft. Playing NFL games with fractured ribs and then lowering his body into defenders for the extra yard or diving toward the endzone is not soft. Blocking like he does is not soft.

I complained yesterday about him not running full speed on a fake reverse. And he has given up on a few select plays this year.

But that is not soft. Playing NFL games with fractured ribs and then lowering his body into defenders for the extra yard or diving toward the endzone is not soft. Blocking like he does is not soft.

We haven't seen Sammy lower a shoulder and run over somebody all year. He did this ROUTINELY in college and it was often noted in his scouting reports going back to his freshman year. We haven't seen it once this season and I submit it's because of the ribs, groin, and hip injuries. As well as advice from the staff to pick your spots. I only recall a couple "easily" catchable balls that he gave up on, especially early on with EJ and, again, given what we've seen of his ability to go after and catch everything thrown to him, I attribute to his physical condition at the moment.

The idea that he is "soft" is simply absurd.

GO BILLS!!!

We haven't seen Sammy lower a shoulder and run over somebody all year. He did this ROUTINELY in college and it was often noted in his scouting reports going back to his freshman year. We haven't seen it once this season and I submit it's because of the ribs, groin, and hip injuries. As well as advice from the staff to pick your spots. I only recall a couple "easily" catchable balls that he gave up on, especially early on with EJ and, again, given what we've seen of his ability to go after and catch everything thrown to him, I attribute to his physical condition at the moment.

The idea that he is "soft" is simply absurd.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it was the first Miami game where he lowered his shoulder after a catch, and that was with the rib injury. And later in the game he dove headfirst for the pylon which had to kill his ribs.

I think it was the first Miami game where he lowered his shoulder after a catch, and that was with the rib injury. And later in the game he dove headfirst for the pylon which had to kill his ribs.

You're right, I forgot about that play against Miami.

I can't wait for the college Sammy to make an appearance. If he can't run around somebody, he has no problem running over them. Shazier STILL aches from the trucking Sammy gave him.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't wait for the college Sammy to make an appearance. If he can't run around somebody, he has no problem running over them. Shazier STILL aches from the trucking Sammy gave him.

GO BILLS!!!

you are making my orange bowl nightmares come back.

GO BILLS!!!

I assume that they don't run bubble screens to him or give it to him on reverses and jet sweeps because he as been hurt. Otherwise it's another criminal omission to this offense.

We saw maybe two of them in the last few weeks.

you are making my orange bowl nightmares come back.

I only do that because I know you're here and it's just so easy!

Seriously though, while Sammy ran over his share of DBs, the Shazier trucking was against an LB! Much more field-cred when it's an LB.

GO BILLS!!!

I assume that they don't run bubble screens to him or give it to him on reverses and jet sweeps because he as been hurt. Otherwise it's another criminal omission to this offense.

I agree. Whenever I see that 10 yard cushion they give him, and it was there on several occasions yesterday, I think it's a waste of talent. Hurt or not, I don't think it's part of the play book.

GO BILLS!!!

i think it could be a combination of him being banged up and the OL not being able to block for those effectively

Surprised the corrupt refs didn't call a penalty on him for "aggressive blocking"...

:lol: :lol:

GO BILLS!!!

Watkins lowered his shoulder in the 4th against the Donkeys too. I forget who, but he took on two guys rather than duck out of bounds. It was nice to see that instinct in such a big game.

:lol: :lol:

Watkins lowered his shoulder in the 4th against the Donkeys too. I forget who, but he took on two guys rather than duck out of bounds. It was nice to see that instinct in such a big game.

I honestly missed that play. Thanks.

GO BILLS!!!

GB just gave up 11 catches and 259 yards to the guy Watkins is cloned from, Julio Jones. Let's hope he's healthy enough to light it up against the Pack, and let's hope the Bills design their gameplan around him. You can't run a ball control game against GB and expect to have even a slim chance. They have to throw it. A lot.

GB just gave up 11 catches and 259 yards to the guy Watkins is cloned from, Julio Jones. Let's hope he's healthy enough to light it up against the Pack, and let's hope the Bills design their gameplan around him. You can't run a ball control game against GB and expect to have even a slim chance. They have to throw it. A lot.

Can we borrow Matt Ryan for Sunday?

GO BILLS!!!

People who comment on Football toughness probably have no idea what it's like to play with a bad groin, Broken ribs, and hip.

If you happen to get one of these injuries next time go dive on the ground.

the good news is, with the possible exception of the hip (depending), none of those injuries have lingering effects once healed, like acls, achilles, etc.