Official Pre-Game Thread: Week 14, Bills at Broncos

Dan

So what will I be looking for?

1. Our run game. We can't try running up the middle all game. Pot Roast is too big and too strong in the middle. I really think edge rushes are the order of the day. It would be nice to see some creativity to get our backs in space, but I think we all know that won't happen.

2. Miller and Ward. We have to contain them, chip them, do something. The two of them could kill Orton if they don't find a way to slow these guys down.

3. Our secondary. I have no doubt our line will get after Manning. But, he's going to get the ball out fast. Can Gilmore and company handle it? If so, we should be able to cause Manning fits.

4. Denver's Oline. The last 2 weeks they've put 6 linemen in to get the run game going. If they try that again, we have to adjust and shut the run game down. Hopefully, 2 games is enough tape to give Schwartz what he needs to stop their running attack.

5. The field and the crowd. I don't get to go to many games, in fact a very small few. But, I scored tickets and get to see the Bills in person for the first time in years. It's gonna be fun regardless of the outcome; I can't wait to see that kick off!

Go Bills!!!

1. Our running game. I agree. Unlikely to find any success up the middle, so it'll have to be misdirection, short passes/screens, etc. Problem is with Miller and Ware (who's come on really nicely the last few weeks) this Broncos defense can get to the outside really well too. I'm afraid it will be a struggle on offense all day. The way have a chance to win is to get what you can and to absolutely avoid turnovers.

4. I rewatched parts of the last couple Broncos games. Conclusion: CJ Anderson is really good. A real find as a nondrafted free agent. The stats bear that out -- lots of yards after initial contact. But the Broncos newfound run success is still something of a fraud. Anyone who plays 7 offensive linemen (Virgil Greene at TE is a one-dimensional blocker, and Cornick is an eligible Tackle) against a standard 4-3 with 2 deep set is going to have success. I do think Schwartz this week is the guy to figure this out, so the running game doesn't scare me too much. But when the Broncos go back to what they're built to do -- Julius Thomas as a Jimmy Graham semi-wideout TE + Sanders + D. Thomas + Welker -- it all depends on that pass rush and jamming up the receivers at the line. The Seahawks model that destroyed the Broncos. Is our DL the equal of the Seahawks 2013? Yeah. I think it's better. Is our secondary their equal? Umm, not so much. So that's my fear unless the pressure really is relentless.

Hey, it's December, and we're playing a meaningful game!

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Out of Town scoreboards are not good.

Steelers beating up the sorry Bungles.

Cleveland is leading Indy

Baltimore leading over Miami with 4 min to go

Houston crushing JAX.

The Bills, chargers and Chiefs have their work cut out at 4 PM