Mike Williams. Ugh. Just ugh.

YoloinOhio

I must've missed Ridley not going down for injury. Silly me.

You must have also missed the game he didn't play for being late when the Patriots dominated the top defense in the league 34-9 and averaged 4.5 yards a carry. I sure didn't. i picked up Gray on one of my fantasy teams and got zero points.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time Mike Williams tweets something, we have another thread just like the last time he opened his mouth. Glad he's a competitor and still working on being "the best scout team receiver in the league." Last time I saw him, he wasn't getting open in the red zone vs. KC, but I'm glad he's doing it in practice.

GO BILLS!!!

Then you just haven't been watching Mike Williams. He's been helping the players all along that are in front of him and they have mentioned it. He's been off the bench congratulating guys and jumping up and down when they succeed. He's been working in practice. I asked Whaley flat out about him and Whaley said he has not been one problem whatsoever.

So your theory is that Marrone is refusing to play a better player, just because? Sorry, I just don't buy it. Marrone is not going to say anything else publicly nor should he. I am as frustrated as anyone that Williams has not worked out but not to the point of concluding some conspiracy or outright stupidity on Marrone's part in not playing him. There is a problem that we are not privy to. Williams mouthing off in the press is a pretty good sign of the problem and it is not the first time.

I think you're inflating an answer Whaley gave to you. Why admit someone has been problem if he's possibly going to be traded, even to some Bills fan? Doesn't that hurt his value?

No. And I think I could tell when he was avoiding the question and being diplomatic, and when he was saying as much as he could. i think if you were there you would have thought the same thing but I don't know, and I can't read minds so I don't know for sure. He seemed downright disappointed that he wasn't playing. he talked at length about Williams loving being on the team and being in Buffalo and just frustrated that he wasn't playing. He seemed downright disappointed as I said yesterday, that the group of WR he acquired were not being used and successful. But again, i do not know for sure. That's how it came across to me though.

But he is not better than Bob Lamb. Who has been around here long enough to remember that reference?

Tallest Bills fan ever. Little known fact, his hard hat was actually part of his head. Like Joe Dirts wig. That made him 7'1. I will never forget when he died.

Tallest Bills fan ever. Little known fact, his hard hat was actually part of his head. Like Joe Dirts wig. That made him 7'1. I will never forget when he died.

Bob Lamb that used to come post here? I saw him last week at Busby's. He lives in San Diego. I see him about twice a year. Next time I see him I will tell him he is dead. ;)

So your theory is that Marrone is refusing to play a better player, just because? Sorry, I just don't buy it. Marrone is not going to say anything else publicly nor should he. I am as frustrated as anyone that Williams has not worked out but not to the point of concluding some conspiracy or outright stupidity on Marrone's part in not playing him. There is a problem that we are not privy to. Williams mouthing off in the press is a pretty good sign of the problem and it is not the first time.

He didn't play Urbik.

He does play two TEs who clearly suck and don't block well either.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I wonder if that was the reason for the "blow-up" between Marrone and Whaley early this season ........... Whaley telling Marrone that he was trading for Williams, and Marrone feeling that Williams had quit on the team in college said that he didn't want him on the team .... both digging their heels in and Whaley got adamant about getting Mike, and Marrone getting adamant that he wouldn't play him.

Just a guess on my part because I can't figure out why Mike doesn't get more playing time in the red zone

It seems like Hogan took his job. Plain and simple. I wouldn't be looking for a Hasek/Nolan conspiracy angle. With the way Hogan has played who would you rather see in there? I'm sure the coaches know best, they know the locker room, they see the practices, they see who is working, and who isn't. I would think having depth at the WR position is a good thing, no?

Hogan is incredibly average and has lost 2 fumbles, and had quite a few drops in limited playing time. I don't understand the big attraction to him.

Sorry but does anyone trust Marrone to make the best personnel decsions? It took 10 weeks to fix the LG position with a guy that played decenlty last year. Lee Smith is on the roster. M. Williams can't even get a few red zone chances for the worst red zone offense in the league.

Every time Mike Williams tweets something, we have another thread just like the last time he opened his mouth. Glad he's a competitor and still working on being "the best scout team receiver in the league." Last time I saw him, he wasn't getting open in the red zone vs. KC, but I'm glad he's doing it in practice.

GO BILLS!!!

How many reps did he get? On tv I only really saw the batted ball towards him and that he was out a few of the others that I was looking

I wonder if that was the reason for the "blow-up" between Marrone and Whaley early this season ........... Whaley telling Marrone that he was trading for Williams, and Marrone feeling that Williams had quit on the team in college said that he didn't want him on the team .... both digging their heels in and Whaley got adamant about getting Mike, and Marrone getting adamant that he wouldn't play him.

Just a guess on my part because I can't figure out why Mike doesn't get more playing time in the red zone

The trade was pre draft and the fight in August.... So I doubt it. Though it might've been a catalyst.

Marrone did come out positively publicly at the trade but I suppose what else could he do regardless

That was all about signing Jordan Palmer rather than another QB, probably Orton.

GO BILLS!!!

Snide remarks to the press don't normally go over well with an HC who has a problem with bad attitudes.

Work hard and shut up. Period.

Disagree this time.

Throw him the fn ball 10 times and toss it high .

This has been a travesty until otherwise proven. His first home game he invites family and Marrone dissed him. That is messed up sh** right there

Gee the offense has improved with Urbik now in.

Lets just f the egos and win the game

It seems like Hogan took his job. Plain and simple. I wouldn't be looking for a Hasek/Nolan conspiracy angle. With the way Hogan has played who would you rather see in there? I'm sure the coaches know best, they know the locker room, they see the practices, they see who is working, and who isn't. I would think having depth at the WR position is a good thing, no?

Nope. they play different positions. I thought about that . the playing special teams, is a load of hooey if the guy can catch the high pointed ball. we know Orton can throw over his man in the end zone !

marrone knew he was getting a guy that might be a handful, and seemingly endorsed it --- if an offhand comment like MW made after months on the bench is grounds to not hit the field, marrones standards are stuck in the college "emperor of my campus" levels still.

while i agree MW is better off shutting up -- I also agree with you that i have been impressed by his ability to play it off non-confrontationally given the nature of the situation. if you told me this was going to happen 6 months ago i wouldve expected him to be a mess.

good post N S.

Mike Williams sure isn't getting on the field saying crap like this. I guess he doesn't get it.

what crap is he saying other than responding truthfully to what we all can see? There is no damn reason given by the the team as to why a guy with mad hops and gets open does not even get activated for games. Anything to improve our God-awful RZ offense should be worth a try.

You guess he doesn't get what??? That he doesn't stick to the party line when asked? I am really curious as to your line of thinking.

Quick question: Who in their respective roles is more successful? WR Mike Williams formerly of TB who entered 2014 with 215 receptions, 2947 yards and 25 TD's? Or Doug Marrone, 13-15 as a NFL HC?

It was the Bills GM who made that trade, ostensibly without Marrone's input or direct conflict with the move. What does it say about a personnel department who acquires players the HC doesn't like?

great post + 1 !!