what are the odds we finish 4-0?

Pete

flip a coin 4 times and the odds are 1-16 that's heads 4 times in a row, or 6.25%- so at 2% you are giving us slightly less then 50% chance each game which is fair. Unlike the cynics, who give us 0%

Nice, factual analysis. I'd add one important factor - this Sunday's game could make the week 17 game quite a bit easier. Denver and New England are almost certainly going to get byes, but NE has the head to head tiebreaker for home field advantage. If the Bills give Denver a loss this Sunday then there is a much, much greater chance that NE will be resting starters on week 17. The Bills have the opportunity to put themselves into position for that game to be meaningful. The odds are still long, but maybe not quite as long as they appear.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice, factual analysis. I'd add one important factor - this Sunday's game could make the week 17 game quite a bit easier. Denver and New England are almost certainly going to get byes, but NE has the head to head tiebreaker for home field advantage. If the Bills give Denver a loss this Sunday then there is a much, much greater chance that NE will be resting starters on week 17. The Bills have the opportunity to put themselves into position for that game to be meaningful. The odds are still long, but maybe not quite as long as they appear.

Belicheat never rests his starters.

Here's an idea for fans--the Bills are already doing this: How about we focus on going 1-0 on Sunday?

Well, since (presumably) none of the contributors to this thread will be suiting up in Denver on Sunday afternoon, who cares if some are "looking ahead"? Will the fans' lack of "focus" somehow be transferred to the team on the field?

flip a coin 4 times and the odds are 1-16 that's heads 4 times in a row, or 6.25%- so at 2% you are giving us slightly less then 50% chance each game which is fair. Unlike the cynics, who give us 0%

haha. nice.

Unfortunately for us, a coin has evenly distributed weight rendering such odds relevant. Football games that lean towards one end in terms of talent (Denver, GB, & NE) make such comparisons pointless.

The chances of us going 4-0 based on the teams we're facing is somewhere between 0% and 1%.

LoL!!

true story...

I met two dudes at BWW, week one, who are Bills fans. Odds in Tulsa, OK - 1 in 1000. Became friends and found five other folks who are Bills fans and who actually started up a Bills Backer club. Odds in Tulsa, OK - 1 in 1000000. One dude is ex army with a hot little Thai wife, trying to hook me up with her even hotter (yet older) friend three weeks ago.....odds - 100% I hit that ass!!!!! She hardly speaks english, otherwise I would have already asked this lady to marry me. Her food is horrible, but daaaaaamn!!!! hahaha.

So, I'm telling you, we have a chance!!!

WIN SAMMICH.

I feel I'm being a negative nancy in yet another thread this morning,

but there is a 0% chance of going 4-0,

a 0% chance of going 3-1,

a 2% chance of going 2-2, (beating green Bay and Oakland)

a 50% chance of going 0-4, (carr has yet another miraculous game)

and a 90% chance of going 1-3.

but there is a 0% chance of going 4-0,

a 0% chance of going 3-1,

a 2% chance of going 2-2, (beating green Bay and Oakland)

a 50% chance of going 0-4, (carr has yet another miraculous game)

and a 90% chance of going 1-3.

I'm 142% sure that this math is wonky.

but there is a 0% chance of going 4-0, I AGREE

a 0% chance of going 3-1, DONT AGREE

a 2% chance of going 2-2, (beating green Bay and Oakland) DONT AGREE

a 50% chance of going 0-4, (carr has yet another miraculous game) DONT AGREE

and a 90% chance of going 1-3. DONT AGREE

0% chance of going 4-0

25% chance of going 3-1

75% chance of going 2-2

0% chance of going 0-4