what are the odds we finish 4-0?

Pete

I love the Bills and want them to go undefeated but there is absolutely ZERO chance they beat the three best teams in football. I don't care how much of a homer you are, you cannot honestly believe that this will happen. There is a very high likelihood that we lose all 3 games. In fact, there is a much greater chance of going 0-4 in this final stretch than going 4-0. If I had to put arbitrary odds, I would say:

Win 0-4 games: 15%

Win 1 of 4 games 40%

Win 2 of 4 games 35%

Win 3 of 4 games 10%

Win 4 of 4 games 0%

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the Bills and want them to go undefeated but there is absolutely ZERO chance they beat the three best teams in football. I don't care how much of a homer you are, you cannot honestly believe that this will happen. There is a very high likelihood that we lose all 3 games. In fact, there is a much greater chance of going 0-4 in this final stretch than going 4-0. If I had to put arbitrary odds, I would say:

Win 1 of 4 games 40%

Win 2 of 4 games 35%

Win 3 of 4 games 10%

Win 4 of 4 games 0%

So you're saying there's a chance!

Here's an idea for fans--the Bills are already doing this: How about we focus on going 1-0 on Sunday?

I agree but on the other hand this is how we fill time between Sundays. The players and staff need to focus on each game one at a time, but the fans, we can do what ever we want, these discussions do not impact performance on the field.

Here's one man's estimate. It's not rigorous, but it will provide a sense of the odds.

The chance the Bills beat the Broncos is approximately 15%. The chance they beat the Packers at home is maybe 20%. The chance they beat Oakland is 90% given they've only won about 10% of their games. The Bills have never beaten Brady in Gillette and have only won about 10% of their meetings total. Let's say NE sitting starters and their homefield advantage is a wash. The chance of winning all four is the product of the individual probabilities or about 1/4 of one percent.

In other words, the chances are about 1 in 400.

Here's one man's estimate. It's not rigorous, but it will provide a sense of the odds.

The chance the Bills beat the Broncos is approximately 15%. The chance they beat the Packers at home is maybe 20%. The chance they beat Oakland is 90% given they've only won about 10% of their games. The Bills have never beaten Brady in Gillette and have only won about 10% of their meetings total. Let's say NE sitting starters and their homefield advantage is a wash. The chance of winning all four is the product of the individual probabilities or about 1/4 of one percent.

In other words, the chances are about 1 in 400.

If they beat the Broncos away, which is an enormous if, I would say the chances of beating the Pack at home following that would be far greater than 20%. Maybe even 50-50, although probably a little less.

Win 1 of 4 games 40%

Win 2 of 4 games 35%

Win 3 of 4 games 10%

Win 4 of 4 games 0%

id probably fall closer to:

Win 0-4 games: 10%

Win 1 of 4 games 33%

Win 2 of 4 games 43%

Win 3 of 4 games 12%

Win 4 of 4 games 2%

Way, way overdue. So overdue in fact that it is a lock.

#analytics

1 in 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

The same chance of getting attacked by a Sharknado and a Tyrannosaurus Rex while eating a healthy, good tasting Burger King meal onboard a real life StarTrek Enterprise Space ship.

About the same chance of me winning the powerball. :thumbsup:

you have a better chance.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I was just kidding. I don't see us running the tables, 2-2 is the best I see us doing but I'll be cheering them on to prove me wrong.

yeah, I got that. in my Utopian dream the Bills need 2 of the next 3 and definable the last game v the Cheatriots .

to be totally honest,

Unless Orton proves me wrong. I can only see 1-3 in December. Anything better will just make me happy

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever