$15 Minimum Wage Battle Moves To Other Industries

Tiberius

4 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It really, really is.

That looks just about right.

But it's lost on him.

It's BOTE, and I had to make some assumptions (primarily that the RCU agreement isn't share-based, but dollar-based with the number of shares calculated from that.)  That gives it a wide margin of uncertainty year to year, which makes it the more conservative of the two assumptions, but it should be broadly correct.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Why am I arguing when you're an idiot and I'm right?

As of right now the average Amazon worker makes $13 an hour and receives equity of around $2,000 in value annually. If this person works a 40 hour work week their take is $27,040 (less payroll taxes) and then they get $2,000 that they cant do ANYTHING with till it vests. So, when the employee gets the equity of $2k it only has a present value of about $1946. Lump that package together and you're at: $28,986 for the year.

Now, same person gets a pay raise to $15 and no annual equity and we're at $31,200. That means even if the employee wants stock THAT THEY'RE BETTER OFF, YOU GODDAMN IDIOT. See, they can then take $2k out of their earnings to buy the stock that they no longer get and they're still coming out better.

You're a freaking idiot. You CLEARLY do not work with money -- unless somebody's handing it to you through a window. You're a moron. The math says you're an idiot. 

As a business owner I gotta tell ya I fear the approaching day when even with financing low income families cant afford my goods and services

Don't worry there'll always be a need for BJ"s.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, KRC said:

"Someone tell me again how pot is harmless? ?

What's amazing to me is he was given a loaded weapon by the US Government... and he somehow managed not to shoot himself in the foot. But put him behind a keyboard and it's self inflicted wound after self inflicted wound. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What's amazing to me is he was given a loaded weapon by the US Government... and he somehow managed not to shoot himself in the foot. But put him behind a keyboard and it's self inflicted wound after self inflicted wound. 

No, they gave him a weapon, and ammo.  He had to load it himself... 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's BOTE, and I had to make some assumptions (primarily that the RCU agreement isn't share-based, but dollar-based with the number of shares calculated from that.)  That gives it a wide margin of uncertainty year to year, which makes it the more conservative of the two assumptions, but it should be broadly correct.

It's described as "one to two" shares per year, so I believe that's a fair assumption.  It's likely a fixed dollar figure assuming the accumulation of partial shares.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's described as "one to two" shares per year, so I believe that's a fair assumption.  It's likely a fixed dollar figure assuming the accumulation of partial shares.

Numbers I saw indicated it used to be around 10 about four years ago, so that sounds right.

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

A weapon? Knucklehead, I was given soldiers. 

BTW, a hand mic was my best weapon. 

23 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

A weapon? Knucklehead, I was given soldiers.

And you sexually assaulted every single one of them.  They told me so.

I'd tell you which ones, but that would be victim shaming

You should resign your post on the PPP asshat committee.   Nah, I'm not fooling anyone.  You've earned a lifetime appointment

9 minutes ago, Wagon Circler said:

Everybody deserves to make a living. Yes...Even the unskilled that stock your grocery shelves and cleanup your country club.

Need is not currency, and mere existence does not confer merit.

No one but the individual themselves, through the choices they make, prevents them from making a living.

• Like (+1) 2

2099 no one will work.  Robots and computers will do everything. Minimum wage will be $150 per hour so you can sit home on your butt playing games on your phone.  

They will go get your food 

and feed you.  

And wipe your butt. ?

• 1 month later...