Should the Broncos sit Manning for his own safety?

103 members have voted

1. 1. If you were John Fox, would you sit Manning against the Bills' D?

• Yes
    • No
    • GO BILLS

It's no secret that Denver is a Super Bowl favorite and has built their entire team around Manning. Without Manning, their title hopes die faster than Tim Tebow's NFL career.

It's also no secret that the Bills lead the league in "slobberknockers" and putting QBs on the bench either through injury or PTSD. This defense has broken legs, ruptured spleens, doled out concussions, broken wrists and done most of those things legally. This is a group of baaad, baaaad, baaaaaaaaad men on that defense, men who will be targeting #18 like he's waving an ISIS flag on top of hill.

With so many posts on here about how Denver is going to roll over us, or how the Bills will be lucky to stay in the game against the vaunted Broncos, people are overlooking that this is the defense's Super Bowl. This is an opportunity for the best defense in the league to make a physical statement against the best offense in the league and I expect them to rise to the challenge. It's not an opportunity the men on that front 7 are going to take lightly. The Bills' D leads the league in putting players in the hospital and #18 isn't one for punishment. Mario, Kyle, Mr. Big Stuff, Hughe$, and of course Bradham are going to be playing with their hair on fire, looking to deliver the knock out blow to Mr. Endorsement.

It makes me wonder if Fox has even considered, just for a moment, of putting Manning on ice for this game. Let's face it, this defense makes it their mission in life to not only sack the QB, but knock the crap out of him. Manning goes into the fecal position the moment he senses pressure -- even if it's two zip codes away. One or two shots from Mario or Dareus or Kyle or Nigel or Hughe$ or even Robey will have Manning ducking ghosts before the first quarter is out.

The quick passing might alleviate some of the pressure, but the Donkeys traditional blocking schemes (using a lot of chips and max protects while relying on one on ones on the inside) won't help much against the interior pressure this defense is capable of generating. I expect Manning to get hit hard more than twelve times in this game -- and end up on his back at least 3 times with the ball.

If the Donkeys lose Manning, their title hopes are done. If they lose this game, they're still on track for a 1 or 2 seed in the AFC. So, if you're John Fox do you even consider pulling Manning for his own safety?

GO BILLS!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell yeah! Beyond this, it's Mile High time for them to see what Osweiler has in him.

According to the scouting report from our very own Donald Duck, Osweiler has a strong arm, flowing hair, eyes you could just get lost in, and a 5 inch taint. Needless to say, Duck is very high on Osweiler.

I don't think Manning would allow it.

And it's not like it'll be tough to protect him. Keep extra blockers back, run the ball, don't let him get hit. It's not like they'll need to put up 30 points to win the game, and they've got the third ranked defense going against an offense that's in the bottom third of the league in every category.

According to the scouting report from our very own Donald Duck, Osweiler has a strong arm, flowing hair, eyes you could just get lost in, and a 5 inch taint. Needless to say, Duck is very high on Osweiler.

Hey now! :wub: Sounds good and he may as well face the toughest front in the NFL to test his mettle. If he fails, at least it'll be a scenario where Peyton wasn't curled up in a fecal position. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Normally I am against gambling more than you normally would to try to win a game. I know most everyone believes in that theory but your decisions should always be "what gives you the best chance to win." If you think gambling gives you the best chance, then gamble. But that stance shouldn't be determined by late in the season or because you suck. Otherwise, you would be gambling knowing it gave you a less chance to win.

That said... in this particular game... because it's such a tough place to win, I think as a strategy, the Bills should gamble that Gilmore, Graham and Robey can cover their guy man to man, with press coverage. Manning is going to want to get the ball out early against this rush. He's not going to want to be hit like you say. I will gladly give up a couple 10-20 yard plays if it means we play press man to man the entire game and make him not be able to just dump the ball off or throw a quick out. Make them beat you deep. It's our best if not only chance of winning. Otherwise, with the way they play, and Manning being so good, they will beat our 7 deep zone.

Normally I am against gambling more than you normally would to try to win a game. I know most everyone believes in that theory but your decisions should always be "what gives you the best chance to win." If you think gambling gives you the best chance, then gamble. But that stance shouldn't be determined by late in the season or because you suck. Otherwise, you would be gambling knowing it gave you a less chance to win.

That said... in this particular game... because it's such a tough place to win, I think as a strategy, the Bills should gamble that Gilmore, Graham and Robey can cover their guy man to man, with press coverage. Manning is going to want to get the ball out early against this rush. He's not going to want to be hit like you say. I will gladly give up a couple 10-20 yard plays if it means we play press man to man the entire game and make him not be able to just dump the ball off or throw a quick out. Make them beat you deep. It's our best if not only chance of winning. Otherwise, with the way they play, and Manning being so good, they will beat our 7 deep zone.

I'm with you there. Put Gilmore on DT, put Graham on Welker and let Robey and A.Williams follow Sanders around. Send the rest at Manning and dictate the game to the Broncos rather than letting Manning set the pace. I'd love to see this.

I'm with you there. Put Gilmore on DT, put Graham on Welker and let Robey and A.Williams follow Sanders around. Send the rest at Manning and dictate the game to the Broncos rather than letting Manning set the pace. I'd love to see this.

Agree except I would put Robey on Welker and Graham on Sanders, and then mix up who AWilliams and Searcy follow.

Should the Broncos sit Manning for his own safety?

Could you ever imagine a coach doing this? At least before week 16, and that's if a team has wrapped up a division and home field advantage. I think he would be run out of town...

But if they were to sit Manning out of fear, he would have to be listed on the injury report with a severely bruised ego...

Edited by ricojes

Not only do I think the Broncos should sit Manning to prevent his premature extinction, they should prevent him from watching the so-called contest so that he does not have to witness the mutilation of his valued co-workers. He should just come back to the facility on Monday with flowers and candy to distribute to the casualties in the training room and never speak of the Bills game again.

Edited by 5 Wide

If our DBs insist on playing 5 to 7 yards off of the line of scrimmage, Payton will kill us with the quick 5 yard patterns and our D-line won't get a sniff of him .... however if our DBs crowd the line and disrupt the bronco WR's routes, then I see baaaadddd things in store for Mr. Manning.