Bradham Fined for Spearing Browns' TE Barnidge

Imagine how mad he will be once he stops smoking the green!!!

And best wishes to him. I hate injuries. But Nigel has been better than I ever could imagine. What a great pick.

Our defensive coaches are the exact opposite of our offensive coaches in developing talent.

Guess his own player shouldn't have speared our DB well after the play...don't make #53 mad.

And that makes his intentional spear acceptable?

I wonder what the thread would be like if a Browns LB broke Watkins or Chandlers ribs. I suspect it would be different than this.

Disappointing.

I had posted this in the Bills curse thread as well (along with the update that Miles Austin is still at ECMC). Fwiw Pettine was asked in his press conf yesterday if he thought the hit was dirty, and he said he watched it on film and did not think so.

Pettine isn't Rex Ryan and knows how to keep his mouth shut.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I wonder what the thread would be like if a Browns LB broke Watkins or Chandlers ribs. I suspect it would be different than this.

Disappointing.

Not even close to what I said...or implied. The implication is quite simple: if a guy makes a dirty play, he should expect dirty plays in retaliation. No, it's not acceptable, and in fact I yelled quite angrily at Bradham for it from the stands.

Pettine isn't Rex Ryan and knows how to keep his mouth shut.

Pettine learned to be careful what about he says after the whole Jets playbook controversy that he dragged Rex into.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Not even close to what I said...or implied. The implication is quite simple: if a guy makes a dirty play, he should expect dirty plays in retaliation. No, it's not acceptable, and in fact I yelled quite angrily at Bradham for it from the stands.

My apologies then. The way I read it was you thought the spear by Bradham was justified.

My apologies then. The way I read it was you thought the spear by Bradham was justified.

No problemo. I know it's not always easy to accurately gauge the spirit of a post on the internet.

Dumb hit by Bradham; should've been off-setting PF penalties on he and Greco IMO.

the chippiness was sky high. Also with penalties as far as sheer stupidity with Gordon. Not sure what he said but AW leads off the game with a 15 yd pf. The refs basically saying the two teams need to keep it together for the game and aware of the talking that went on all week. Browns awarded a 1st down. What does Gordon do? Catch the ball for gain and spins it in gilmore's face. Gives the yards right back. Edited by YoloinOhio