Week 14: Broncos' Game Preparation - Bills in Denver a Day Early

I think the Bills D is capable of holding the Broncos down to under 20. KC would have done it yesterday had their Offense and Special Teams not kept coughing the ball up. Unfortunately, the Offense we saw displayed yesterday is not capable of much of anything. This game is winnable because of the Defense, but unless Hacket pulls a rabbit out of his hat, and Orton plays far better than he did the past few weeks, no chance.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an incredibly huge test for Buffalo this week. If I'm the Bills I'm watching every tape of how Belichick has coached against Peyton. I also think the key is, oddly enough, to stuff the suddenly potent Denver running game and "force" Peyton to throw.

I'm ready to label the Bills defense "elite" -- they have been playing unbelievably. It will not surprise me to see them hold Denver to 20 pts or less if turnovers aren't a factor.

Now, the question becomes how does Buffalo score more than that? I don't have an answer.

Any word on if we travel to Denver early, to get used to the air?

Good question. Large men and hypoxia are a bad mix. And doesn't one of our players have sickle cell anemia? I remember that conversation earlier this year.

Bills won’t fret about top QBs left on schedule

The Bills are at 7-5 and are still in the hunt for the AFC postseason. Still on the schedule however, are quarterbacks like Peyton Manning (this Sunday), Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Kyle Williams doesn’t want to hear how daunting it is knowing they have to face those QBs.

i am among the biggest optimists on this board, but man oh man, i can't seem to muster enough up to think we stand a chance in this game...i can't believe we have P. Manning, A. Rogers & T. Brady left on our schedule.....why not throw in J. Montana for good measure....yikes......i want to Bill-ieve, but damn it's gonna be tough

Just now seeing the highlights from last night's Denver game... seems like after the first two drives, Denver and Manning didn't do much of anything impressive... just gotta stop the run, keep pressuring the QB, and not turn the ball over.

i am among the biggest optimists on this board, but man oh man, i can't seem to muster enough up to think we stand a chance in this game...i can't believe we have P. Manning, A. Rogers & T. Brady left on our schedule.....why not throw in J. Montana for good measure....yikes......i want to Bill-ieve, but damn it's gonna be tough

All of this would be less of a concern if we were just able to close out the games vs. KC and Houston.

That said, this is absolutely winnable game, and if I were still a gambling man I'd jump all over that 10 points before it drops to 8.

There's no way they run on the Bills like the did last night vs. KC, so you've got to go get Manning. Period.

Players know 3rd down needs a jump start

The Bills offense had a trying time of converting on third down Sunday in their win over the Browns. So although they enjoyed the win, the men on offense realize they’ll need to dramatically improve their third down conversion rate this coming Sunday in Denver.

“We didn’t do well on third downs, I don’t know if we converted one, at all? But we won the game,” said Robert Woods. “That’s something we have to work on. We’ve got to win on third downs and put ourselves in good situations.”

Julius Thomas 'encouraged,' closing in on return

As Denver Broncos tight end Julius Thomas recovers from a left ankle injury, Thomas said Monday that it’s a yes-and-no proposition.

As in yes, Thomas believes he’s closing in on his return to the lineup.