Week 14: Broncos' Game Preparation - Bills in Denver a Day Early

Broncos TE Thomas, CB Talib back practicing

Denver Broncos TE Julius Thomas has missed each of the last two games with an ankle injury, but according to the team’s official Twitter account he is practicing today (Wednesday), along with starting CB Aqib Talib.

MT
:
and Aqib Talib are back.
and
out.
in sweats, watching.

— Denver Broncos (@Broncos)

Thomas leads the league in touchdown receptions with 12. Talib left the Broncos Week 12 game against the Dolphins early with a hamstring injury.

RBs Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman are still sidelined.

@ChrisBrownBills

Chris Hogan and Robert Woods limited in practice Wed. Due to hamstring and ankle injuries respectively. #Bills

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I'll never forget my first time in the Rockies. For the 1st day it felt like someone was standing on my chest as I was breathing.

Try driving to the top of Pike's Peak in Colorado Springs at 14,000 feet. I did that once and stumbled out of the car feeling like I just shotgunned four martinis.

@buffalobills

Kyle Orton: "This is what you play for ... I'm excited to play December football that matters."

B39D5feIgAADd34.jpg

.@sammywatkins: "I have to make plays, no doubt. I've got to get back to myself...the fundamental details"

B39GnG9IYAAOPeW.jpg

World Heavyweight Champ Fred Jackson on facing the @Broncos: "We just have to go out and be aggressive"

B39ITWjIIAAb8B-.jpg

Aaron Williams on how to prep for a Hall of Fame QB: "Having Tom Brady twice a year helps"

B39MAy8IMAA09_Y.jpg

Doug Marrone: "You have to Work Harder" (3:31)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about ways to go about the game plan this week and how to defend Peyton Manning.

Doug Marrone: "It's a Great Sign" (4:11)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about C.J. Spiller's return to practice and getting Sammy Watkins more involved in the offense.

Kyle Orton: "This Is What You Play For" (6:32)

QB Kyle Orton talks about heading in to December with a chance at playoffs and facing off against Denver in week 14.

Sammy Watkins: "I've Gotta Get Back In The Groove (1:40)

WR Sammy Watkins talks about getting back to fundamentals and facing the highly ranked Denver defense in week 14.

John Fox: “It all starts up front” with the Bills (2:59)

Broncos head coach John Fox discusses Sunday’s game against the Bills including facing Buffalo’s defense and what he has seen from quarterback Kyle Orton.

Peyton Manning: “It’s an unfamiliar opponent” (8:27)

Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning spoke to the Buffalo media via conference call to preview Sunday’s game against the Bills. He talked about facing the Bills defense and the chemistry with his receivers.

Manning on red-zone struggles (3:18)

Peyton Manning talks about the importance of executing in the red zone.

Manning talks Anderson and run game (4:10)

Peyton Manning talks about C.J. Anderson and the Broncos run game.

Fox on Bills defense, Orton (3:21)

Head Coach John Fox meets the media following practice on Wednesday.

Injury update: Aqib Talib, Julius Thomas practice; Demaryius Thomas limited

The two starters practiced after missing Sunday's game, and RBs Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman did not practice, but worked on their conditioning off to the side.

@twobillsdrive

Nigel Bradham, Preston Brown among overlooked contributors on dominant Buffalo Bills defense: '"My visi... http://bit.ly/1voHa6D #Bills

Kyle Orton not ready for memory lane stroll on time with Broncos

Wednesday, in a conference call, Orton showed no desire to reminisce about his history, deflecting any topics that included his tenure with the Broncos.

About his time with the Broncos and how it ended, Orton said, "I don't know ... still have got some good friends back there, (that’s) pretty much it."

Sammy Watkins looking to shake off November slump

Sammy Watkins was a 100-yard receiver ... for the month of November.

The No. 4 overall pick -- who looked to have the inside track to the NFL's offensive rookie of the year award just a month ago -- has tailed off over the past four games, catching 13 passes for 105 yards and no touchdowns over that span.

Has he hit the rookie wall?

Kyle, Cordy sick; Dareus, Watkins limited

Bills DT Kyle Williams and OT Cordy Glenn were both absent at practice Wednesday due to illness. Limited in practice were a handful of players including DT Marcell Dareus and WR Sammy Watkins.

Stepping in for Glenn at left tackle was Chris Hairston and filling in for Kyle Williams was Stefan Charles.

Denver’s two Thomas’ both limited

Denver TE Julius Thomas has missed each of the last two games with an ankle injury, but he returned to the practice field Wednesday for the Broncos on a limited basis. Denver’s other Thomas was also limited.

WR Demaryius Thomas was limited due to an ankle injury as well. Top RBs Ronnie Hillman and Montee Ball did not practice due to foot and groin injuries, but C.J. Anderson was a full participant despite an ankle injury.

Here’s the full injury report for the Broncos this week.

Agreed. You know what would really suck? If the Defense has a great game and generates some turnovers and then Little Natey Hackett and his putrid anemic offense gets no points or just a FG off the turnovers. That would really bother me.

Me too and I can feel the frustration of it happening already.

Peyton Manning has noticed the difference a year makes

There is still a calendar full of December games that remain on the Denver Broncos’ docket, but as the team makes the turn for this year's stretch drive, quarterback Peyton Manning has already noticed at least one improvement from last December.

And that’s Manning’s physical health.

This time last season Manning had been taking some Wednesdays off because of injuries to both ankles he had suffered in an October game against Jacksonville that were aggravated again the following week in Indianapolis. Manning sported a brace on one of his ankle for the remainder of the regular season.