Thanksgiving: Bills version

YoloinOhio

We all know the negatives. It's Thanksgiving week though, so here is what I am thankful for this year with the Bills:

1. Terry and Kim Pegula

2. Jim Kelly's positive health status

3. Sweeping the Jets 81-26

4. The Jets

5. The D-line

6. Sammy. He is going to be a star.

7. Fred

8. Last second wins that used to be losses

9. Our fans that traveled to Detroit for our team last night

10. Original pizza logs

11. Dan Carpenter. We should never punt again past the 30 yd line.

12. Doug Whaley

13. 7-11. I don't hate him anymore. Well not really hate, but you know what I mean. They actually did know what they were doing giving him all that work with the 1s in camp.

14. Pepper Johnson. Boss.

15. Detroit's kicker. Boss.

add your own if you wish... Happy Thanksgiving!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Oh boy !

I love thanksgiving.

Favorite Holiday of all.

Family , food , relaxing and just a time to truly feel blessed. Or whatever positiive vibe those things bring.

Bills did a darned fine job last week

I dont care the Jets record or any facts or stats.

Thats was what football means to me. after the storm and all the drama and worry for folks. Bills go beat some ass. in the nicest way of course.

I love my Buffalo Bills ! I really do.

Edited by 3rdand12

Love the list - especially #'s 1 and 2. The game was a blast! My college hoops team started at the same time so Bills were on DVR which I watched next. I usually like it quicker, but that I wanted to drag out! So I'll watch it again! Sadly, I'm not familiar with the pizza log (#10). I'll take your word on that one. My only additions...

* Two kinds of cranberries

* Football AND my college hoops team on Turkey Day

* The Defense is worth repeating

* Twice

*How many points was that again? Really?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Necessary edit: our son home for the holiday. Double major means we don't see him enough. That's my #1 and he's expected any moment.

Edited by Augie

Love the list - especially #'s 1 and 2. The game was a blast! My college hoops team started at the same time so Bills were on DVR which I watched next. I usually like it quicker, but that I wanted to drag out! So I'll watch it again! Sadly, I'm not familiar with the pizza log (#10). I'll take your word on that one. My only additions...

* Two kinds of cranberries

* Football AND my college hoops team on Turkey Day

* The Defense is worth repeating

* Twice

*How many points was that again? Really?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Necessary edit: our son home for the holiday. Double major means we don't see him enough. That's my #1 and he's expected any moment.

haha the pizza logs was kind of a joke. They are one of the new additions to the Ralph and if you ever listen the WGR they advertise them incessantly. They must be amazing.

Food wise on Thanksgiving I am a huge fan of the roasted turkey. Everything else is just, as they say, "gravy"!

Enjoy having your son home.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Bills related thanksgivings for:

1. The opportunity to root for a special group of players on the defensive line. Even the second team guys aren't messing around. Kyle, Mario, Mr. Big Stuff and soon to be very wealthy Mr. Hughes (pay the man) gives this team a chance to win any game they play. That's rare, and I'm thankful I get to watch these guys play together each week, and hope to see it continue in 2015.

2. Doug Whaley... yeah, I said it. No GM is perfect and Doug has had some questionable calls early in his tenure, but there's no question this team isn't better overall from the moves he's made. It's been too long since this organization has had competence in the GM position, I'm thankful for the talent Doug's brought in and the way he's set this team up for the next couple seasons. Next year he'll get a seat of honor at the table if he resigns Mr. Hughes.

3. All the young talent that seems to be blossoming on this roster. From Robert Woods, to Aaron Williams, to Dareus there are home grown guys all over the field who are showing they are capable of playing at very high levels. For the first time in quite a while we may have a fistful of all pros on this roster, a few of those are young guys who are only going to get better. For all the swings and misses we've taken as a franchise over the past decade, it's nice to see these guys making big plays on Sundays for Buffalo.

4. We may be on life-support, but I'm thankful the Bills are still playing meaningful games past Thanksgiving. It's a nice change of pace.

5. TSW and its many personalities who work tirelessly to not only inform me, but amuse me. From SDS to Crayonz, you all rock. :beer:

6. Ralph.

7. Last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for the Pegulas. Knowing the team is going to stay in Buffalo is such a relief it really has been a gift for most fans, at least I know it has been for me. Beyond that, I believe the Pegulas will have a positive influence on the Bills' ability to win more games. I can't wait to see how it goes!

I'm thankful for:

- Boobie Dixon. Seriously, this guy just does so much for this team

- Mario Williams. Hands down the best 4-3 end in the game

- The 2015 draft class. I think a lot of folks are going to see why next April's crop of first rounders won't make you miss that pick we don't have.

- Jim Schwartz. No explanation required.

And lastly, and most importantly...

- Ralph Wilson. You gave us our beloved Bills, and you made sure that nobody would ever take them away from us. We will never forget you.

We should be thankful for Ralph's legacy, for the Pegula family and the hope for the future of this team and for Jim Schwartz and this defense. I am going to be thankful for the fact that the storm brought our team and our fans together before we went 6-0 to round out the season too. :D

I'm thankful for:

Terry and Kim Pegula. It's so relieving to know our Bills aren't going anywhere, and that this organization has attained the stability it needs to attract better coaching, better players.

Jim Schwartz. When Pettine left, I was both surprised and disappointed. Schwartz came in and has made a difference. This defense is LEGIT! May the Schwartz be with you!!!

Players attitudes. It seems as if the players have adopted a different attitude, and that they care about winning and losing, and are committed to winning.

Detroit Lions. Thank you for the W earlier in the year, and thank you for being so hospitable towards us when we came in to your stadium, and making it seem like a home game.

My fellow TBDers. You guys truly provide us all with informative, educated, hilarious, witty, and great posts, and I appreciate all of you, even the ones who exist only to piss us off. I love all of you, and wish you all a happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all get to enjoy time with your loved ones and eat a good meal!!

This has been the best year for the franchise ever before/since the Super Bowl years. My reasoning:

1. They have a legit GM in place for the first time in a decade.

2. They have the best QB in place (make your jokes here) since Bledsoe.

3. They have an owner that "hopefully" will do the right things.

4. They are fun to watch and aren't the Sad Sack from 2005-2012.

To those on the team for more than 5 years (Freddie, Kyle, and yes you, Marcus Easley): We all appreciate you.

Shovel that snow, boys!

This has been the best year for the franchise ever before/since the Super Bowl years. My reasoning:

1. They have a legit GM in place for the first time in a decade.

2. They have the best QB in place (make your jokes here) since Bledsoe.

3. They have an owner that "hopefully" will do the right things.

4. They are fun to watch and aren't the Sad Sack from 2005-2012.

To those on the team for more than 5 years (Freddie, Kyle, and yes you, Marcus Easley): We all appreciate you.

Shovel that snow, boys!

true. This team may be the valedictorians of summer school. But they have as many wins at week 12 as they have most years total. And a bright future.