Bills vs. Browns History

Week 13 NFL on CBS Announcers and Distribution

Play-by-Play: Greg Gumbel - @GregGumbel

Color Analyst: Trent Green - @trentgreen10

Sideline Reporter: Evan Washburn - @EvanWashburn

NFL Maps Week 13

B3YqjfVCIAABiOy.png

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills Week 13 game release is available and @robertwoods is on the cover. Check it out: Buffalo Bills Weekly Game Information

B3XzjZnCYAAJTqV.jpg

Week 12: Browns vs. Falcons highlights

Wide receiver Josh Gordon gained 120 receiving yards and running back Isiah Crowell scored two rushing touchdowns to push the Cleveland Browns past the Atlanta Falcons 26-24.

Wk 12 Report Card: Browns

Brian Billick is handing out report card grades for the Cleveland Browns' performance against the Atlanta Falcons in Week 12.

Surprised with Josh Gordon's impact in first game back?

NFL Media's Brian Baldinger breaks down how Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon was able to be so effective in a new office during his first game this season.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills should be able to run the ball vs the Browns as their defense has struggled stopping the run all year.

I've actually watched a few Browns games and their offensive success usually comes from how well they are able to run the ball.

Bills should be able to run the ball vs the Browns as their defense has struggled stopping the run all year.

I've actually watched a few Browns games and their offensive success usually comes from how well they are able to run the ball.

I agree. DT Phil Taylor plus LBs Karlos Dansby and Jabaal Sheard are out. Exploitable middle must be taken advantage of.

sheard is back, I think. He didn't need surgery after all. Tashaun Gipson, however, is out.

Roundup: Tashaun Gipson suffers Grade 3 MCL injury

Cleveland Browns safety Tashaun Gipson suffered a Grade 3 MCL injury Sunday and will be out at least until the playoffs. Gipson was the NFL's interceptions leader.

I can't tell if the Browns are legitimate or not... they've had an easy schedule, but wins are wins.... Looks like Pettine's defense is strong against the pass, and weak against the rush (sounds about right)... And our team can't run the ball to save it's life most games. Could be interesting.

I can't tell if the Browns are legitimate or not... they've had an easy schedule, but wins are wins.... Looks like Pettine's defense is strong against the pass, and weak against the rush (sounds about right)... And our team can't run the ball to save it's life most games. Could be interesting.

They are a good team, especially with Josh Gordon back. He is a difference maker. But the difference between the Bills record and Browns record is the Browns played the Raiders and the Bills played the Pats*.

Their defense is good but not as good as the Bills. Their run D is very underwhelming. Pettine doesn't have the DL he had in Bflo and it shows. The loss of Gipson and Dansby will hurt even more and it will be the ex-Bills safety show on Sunday - Whiffner and Jimmy Leonard.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Browns are a decent team with plenty of warts and serious injury concerns. But they are a mentally tough bunch.

@NFLInjuryNws

#Browns TE Jordan Cameron (concussion) may play Sun as "all signs look like a go", per @TonyGrossi of ESPN. #FantasyFootball #NFL

Browns' rookies played big vs. Falcons

The Browns' success with rookies this season, mainly those outside the first round, has helped bolster a season ravaged by injuries.

@PatMcManamon

From yesterday: Haters, take a deep breath. #Browns coach Mike Pettine firmly believes in Brian Hoyer http://es.pn/1xOYQcc

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills will hold a press conference at 11:30 AM to provide an update on the status of Ralph Wilson Stadium for Sunday.

@buffalobills

#Bills presser has begun. @RussBrandon and VP/Stadium Ops Andy Major to provide update on RWS.

B3TREZ6CEAA8qvv.jpg

Andy Major: Less damage than expected at RWS. "Lots of minor damage" Russ Brandon: "No structural damage" to Stadium/practice facility.

.@RussBrandon: "#Bills-controlled parking lots will be open and ready." Private lots are not maintained by the team.

.@RussBrandon: "I think for all of us, we took a lot of pride in representing our community...it's an honor to be a part of it"

.@RussBrandon: "We WILL play the @Browns at Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sunday" #ROCKTHERALPH

VP Andy Major: Recently-completed renovations to RWS aided efforts. More space, central ops areas, wider concourses, improved safety.

.@RussBrandon: "The fans did an outstanding job." Heartwarming to see how many #Bills fans made the trip. Exceeded expectations.

.@RussBrandon: "Too early to tell" how much the damage to RWS and team campus will cost. Photos, repair, testing, research all underway

Ralph Wilson Stadium, then and now.

B3TVcW3IMAAkzyv.jpg

B3TVcZfIUAEUYiL.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Hoyer is dying to lose a game. He's tried so hard lately but keeps messing up and pulling out late victories. Mario & the gang will wreak havoc on him.

haha it does seem that way. He will have Gordon and (possibly) Cameron though... That sucks for us.

And the Bills played the Jets ... twice.

sure. They also played Jax, ATL and Tampa. Combined 7 wins. One of which was the Browns! The other two they beat at the last second. Just sayin, their schedule has not been hard. Edited by YoloinOhio

haha it does seem that way. He will have Gordon and (possibly) Cameron though... That sucks for us.

I'm actually confident Gilmore will hold his own against Gordon. He has seemed to do well in the past against bigger receivers. The refs seem to let corners get more physical with them, which plays into Gilmore's strengths.

Tashaun Gipson not being ruled out for the season

@RQUINN619

#Browns lost FS Tashaun Gipson for year, who was having All Pro season. Former #Bills Jim Leonard will likely start alongside Donte Whitner

@john_wawrow

Vagabond #Bills finally back home, looking ahead to hosting #Browns in key AFC playoff-race showdown. http://pro32.ap.org/...returning-home

@RQUINN619

Some stats to compare #Bills D with Schwartz and Pettine. Preeeetty, preeettty, preeeetty good.

B3VBjfoCMAApQyY.jpg

@NateUlrichABJ

Keys to the game for #Browns at #Bills (Week 13) -- http://www.ohio.com/...ek-13-1.544457

Robertson 1-on-1: This Is The Biggest Game So Far (1:36)

Craig Robertson talks about the Atlanta game and looking ahead to Buffalo.

They really only have 2 legit wins against good teams in Pitt & Cincy.

All those other wins came against bad teams NO, Tenn, Oakland, TB Atl, and they lost to Houston Pitt, Balt, Jacksonville.

CB Joe Haden on Sammy, so who will cover Woods

All those other wins came against bad teams NO, Tenn, Oakland, TB Atl, and they lost to Houston Pitt, Balt, Jacksonville.

Justin Gilbert is starting to play much better. The Browns safeties can be exploited in coverage, especially Jim Leonhard. Scott Chandler and 7-11 may have expanded roles. Have to exploit their leaky run D too.

Skrine will get Woods. I think Sammy will see single coverage all day. They better not shy away from Haden like they did Revis.

Tashaun Gipson not being ruled out for the season

@RQUINN619

#Browns lost FS Tashaun Gipson for year, who was having All Pro season. Former #Bills Jim Leonard will likely start alongside Donte Whitner

@john_wawrow

Vagabond #Bills finally back home, looking ahead to hosting #Browns in key AFC playoff-race showdown. http://pro32.ap.org/...returning-home

whitner and Leonard? I'm picking up Chandler in fantasy this week.

This should be a good game. Biggest advantage for Buffalo: Hoyer hasn't played well the last 2 games and is getting nervous and frustrated. If our D-line can get after him early and force him into mistakes then Hoyer may perform like a Jets quarterback.

Biggest advantage for Cleveland: Mike Pettine. This guy is the real deal as a head coach. If the Browns make the playoffs he should be coach of the year. He goes for the jugular, his offense is creative, and the players play hard. Perfect example was the Atlanta game. Losing by a point with time running out they get down to Atlanta 30 yard line with 16 seconds left. Calls time out. Idiot announcers (Burlein and Tasker) can't believe he didn't save his last time out until the final play. Pettine calls for a short pass over the middle and instructs the rest of his offense to stay together and get to the line to spike the ball. Play goes for 10 yards and the receiver actually went down instead of trying to earn any more yards so they can spike the ball.

Worked out perfectly and Cundiff had to kick a 37 yarder instead of a 47 yarder. I guarantee Marrone isn't bold enough to execute that and would have tried to run the ball up the middle for little or no gain.

Buffalo's got more talent and Cleveland can be inconsistent here and there but they can really play ball. I gotta favor them if the game's within 10 or less.

Edited by GaryPinC

Joe Haden is grossly overrated. I pray that they single him up on Watkins. Last week against the Falcons he switched between Julio Jones and Roddy White. But he gave up an easy TD to Julio Jones, look at his coverage:

Man Coverage on Jones who's in the slot. Gilbert is helping Skrine on Roddy White on the other side.

post-13907-0-06143900-1416999564_thumb.jpg

Haden BITES hard on the play action and Jones is wide open. And when I say wide open, Haden wasn't within 5 yards of him.

post-13907-0-37432400-1416999697_thumb.jpg

Between Jones and White, Haden gave up 92+ yards and a TD. He made up for it a bit with an interception. Skrine is worse but Haden is just overrated. He's a good not great CB.

Honestly Sammy could have a great day if the Bills choose to challenge Haden and he's in man coverage.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

Joe Haden is grossly overrated. I pray that they single him up on Watson. Last week against the Falcons he switched between Julio Jones and Roddy White. But he gave up an easy TD to Julio Jones, look at his coverage:

Man Coverage on Jones who's in the slot. Gilbert is helping Skrine on Roddy White on the other side.

post-13907-0-06143900-1416999564_thumb.jpg

Haden BITES hard on the play action and Jones is wide open. And when I say wide open, Haden wasn't within 5 yards of him.

post-13907-0-37432400-1416999697_thumb.jpg

Between Jones and White, Haden gave up 92+ yards and a TD. He made up for it a bit with an interception. Skrine is worse but Haden is just overrated. He's a good not great CB.

Honestly Sammy could have a great day if the Bills choose to challenge Haden and he's in man coverage.

Watkins I presume. Good info there.

Justin Gilbert is starting to play much better. The Browns safeties can be exploited in coverage, especially Jim Leonhard. Scott Chandler and 7-11 may have expanded roles. Have to exploit their leaky run D too.

Probably means we'll try to force it to the WRs 40 times, knowing our offensive gameplanning ;)