Week 13: Browns' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Justin Gilbert is starting to play much better. The Browns safeties can be exploited in coverage, especially Jim Leonhard. Scott Chandler and 7-11 may have expanded roles. Have to exploit their leaky run D too.

a UDFA is playing in front of Gilbert who is now their 4th corner. Gilbert didn't play a snap vs houston. He played last week because ATL plays 4 WR sets. He did make a nice play. The coaches do not trust him though.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a UDFA is playing in front of Gilbert who is now their 4th corner. Gilbert didn't play a snap vs houston. He played last week because ATL plays 4 WR sets. He did make a nice play. The coaches do not trust him though.

Yeah, I see he had only eight defensive snaps last week vs. ATL.

When they went to Jax, they got blown out because they couldn't handle the pass rush of their front 4 (which is actually pretty good, but nothing like Buffalo). That was when they still had Mack, I believe. Their OL has not been good and struggled mightily against Houston. Atlanta has an awful D and hoyer still made poor decisions. The key will be pressure on him to force bad throws. He does get rid of the ball quickly but he will throw downfield unlike Alex Smith. If the Bills can force them to be one dimensional they will have a chance to stop the offense but their RBs are good.

Browns barely won in Atlanta. Atlanta has one of the worse defenses. Now, they will be facing a top 10 defensive unit in Buffalo so I expect it to be difficult for the Browns to be effective on offense.

This will be the best defense the Browns have played by a large large margin. The Bills are currently ranked 4th overall the next closest team is Pittsburgh at 13. They like to run and the best rush defense they played was Balitimore and they rushed 30 times for 85 yards. If Baltimore had a better pass defense, they would have completely shut the Browns down.

Browns barely won in Atlanta. Atlanta has one of the worse defenses. Now, they will be facing a top 10 defensive unit in Buffalo so I expect it to be difficult for the Browns to be effective on offense.

i agree on the defense. This is actually the best defense they have faced all year. I do think Atlanta has a better QB than we do and WR core as well, so that is why that game was close. We will need to move the ball on them and not turn it over. They cause a lot of turnovers. I expect Marrone to try to run it a lot. They are close to last in run D.

This will be the best defense the Browns have played by a large large margin. The Bills are currently ranked 4th overall the next closest team is Pittsburgh at 13. They like to run and the best rush defense they played was Balitimore and they rushed 30 times for 85 yards. If Baltimore had a better pass defense, they would have completely shut the Browns down.

yep... My fear is Josh Gordon. He and Hoyer weren't even on the same page yet last week and he had 8 catches and 120. A lot of the yards were YAC. I don't like ATL secondary though. But he kind of did that to everyone last year. I expect a plan similar to what we did against Bears. We won't shut him down but just need to contain and out score and force Hoyer to throw picks.run the ball a lot and keep them off the field. They really do have a good offense stat wise but it is worth looking at the Ds they have played vs the Ds we have played. Huge difference. Edited by YoloinOhio

yep... My fear is Josh Gordon. He and Hoyer weren't even on the same page yet last week and he had 8 catches and 120. A lot of the yards were YAC. I don't like ATL secondary though. But he kind of did that to everyone last year. I expect a plan similar to what we did against Bears. We won't shut him down but just need to contain and out score and force Hoyer to throw picks.run the ball a lot and keep them off the field. They really do have a good offense stat wise but it is worth looking at the Ds they have played vs the Ds we have played. Huge difference.

Massive difference in the defenses they have played vs. the Bills. The closet pressure wise they have come up against is Houston and even they as a total defense aren't great.

There are 2 keys in mind to this game. Avoiding turnovers on offense, they have created a fair amount this year- I believe 20 if memory serves me. And, secondly not giving up the big play in the passing game. They are number 1 at 14.0 YPC and now have Gordon back. We do these two things and we win IMO.

@clevelanddotcom

Josh Gordon feels he has gotten cold shoulder from some in #Browns org. since suspension, he says in interview. http://ow.ly/EVWzS

Andy Major: Leading the Effort at RWS

Bills VP of Operations and Guest Experience Andy Major joined The John Murphy Show to discuss the efforts to ready Ralph Wilson Stadium for Sunday's game against the Browns.

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills will hold media day today and will also practice tomorrow. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day schedule is:

B3YB2TnIIAEvfHf.jpg

@clevelanddotcom

Josh Gordon feels he has gotten cold shoulder from some in #Browns org. since suspension, he says in interview. http://ow.ly/EVWzS

Andy Major: Leading the Effort at RWS

@BuffaloBillsPR

The #Bills will hold media day today and will also practice tomorrow. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving Day schedule is:

B3YB2TnIIAEvfHf.jpg

Gordon sounds genuinely surprised that after letting his teammates down multiple times by being stupid, they might have an issue with that. Grow up, dude.

Cleveland Browns Today: Bills Offensive Preview (4:40)

Nathan Zegura and Dustin Fox break down the Buffalo Bills offense.

@NFLInjuryNws

#Browns TE Jordan Cameron (concussion) is practicing today and remains "day-to-day" says HC Pettine, per @MaryKayCabot #FantasyFootball

Mayock's Slant: Josh Gordon returns

Mike Mayock breaks down the play of Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon in his return to the field in Week 12.

@NateUlrichABJ

#Bills WR Sammy Watkins said on conf. call he thought #Browns would draft him at No. 4 in May because of Josh Gordon's looming suspension.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills list Dan Carpenter and Robert Woods as limited participants today. Marrone said he expects Woods to play vs Cleveland

Marrone calls the Browns perhaps one of the most talented offensive playmaker groups they've seen this year

#Bills Marrone: Pettine has done an outstanding job in Cleveland

Marrone said because it's been such a long time since the #Bills won at Ralph Wilson Stadium (Oct. 19) he addressed that with the team today

Marrone said Marquise Goodwin was inactive vs NYJ due to "game plan," not injury. #Bills

@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: "Mario Williams has been dominant." FYI: Pro Bowl voting is open: http://buffalobills.com/probowl

Marcell Dareus: "I really can't wait ... The fans want it, the fans need it" #RockTheRalph

B3ZANhrIAAI03fH.jpg

Kyle Orton on @robertwoods: "We could feel a big game coming from him"

LB Preston Brown to @ChrisBrownBills: #Bills will be on-guard against #Browns OL on the move "elephants on parade"

B3ZCp8EIQAEiu-2.jpg

Boobie Dixon with perspective on football: "I'm loving being able to do what I dreamed of as a kid." #dreamcometrue

B3ZDZPDIEAERd8H.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz