Week 13: Browns' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not catch that .This should be an interesting feature to the game .

What he said was that he wouldn't shadow Gordon to matchup with him wherever he lines up. Joe B wasn't sure if that was Gilmore being coy so that he avoids revealing any part of the defensive gameplan to the Browns' advantage. We'll know soon enough how they choose to deal with the threat of Gordon.

What he said was that he wouldn't shadow Gordon to matchup with him wherever he lines up. Joe B wasn't sure if that was Gilmore being coy so that he avoids revealing any part of the defensive gameplan to the Browns' advantage. We'll know soon enough how they choose to deal with the threat of Gordon.

Thats expected if he is quoting Stephon!

I have never seen Gordon play so i would not have any idea what Schwartz and Henderson are looking at.

Another match up i want to watch will be Hughes and Joe Thomas.

I have never seen Gordon play so i would not have any idea what Schwartz and Henderson are looking at.

Thomas is really good, so that should be an interesting battle to track. Bitonio vs. Kyle Williams should be fun to watch too.

I think they will actually move Mario around. Mitchell Schwartz is terrible on the other side, as is their Center.

The Browns have yet to play a defense ranked above 13th. 8 of their 11 Games were against teams ranked in the bottom half of the league. They have 1 win against a D in the top half, and that was at home against Pitt. Last week's game was against the 32nd ranked D. It's the exact opposite of the Bills schedule. 9 of their 11 games came against the top half of the league in defense and most were in top 10.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think they will actually move Mario around. Mitchell Schwartz is terrible on the other side, as is their Center.

The Browns have yet to play a defense ranked above 13th. 8 of their 11 Games were against teams ranked in the bottom half of the league. They have 1 win against a D in the top half, and that was at home against Pitt. Last week's game was against the 32nd ranked D. It's the exact opposite of the Bills schedule. 9 of their 11 games came against the top half of the league in defense and most were in top 10.

Something i was wondering too. Will they given Pettine a taste of his own medicine and move the front four around ? If only to create confusion.

Gotta think the Browns are a tad nervous against our line and will want to get the ball out of Hoyers hands quickly.

Schwartz played Gordon and Cameron last year so he is familiar with how to prepare for them, albeit in a different system. Gordon had big stats but no TDs and the Browns got blown out. Cameron had a few catches for 64 and no TDs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Something i was wondering too. Will they given Pettine a taste of his own medicine and move the front four around ? If only to create confusion.

Gotta think the Browns are a tad nervous against our line and will want to get the ball out of Hoyers hands quickly.

they couldn't handle Jacksonville's Front 4. Hoyer really does get the ball out quickly though.

Schwartz played Gordon and Cameron last year so he is familiar with how to prepare for them, albeit in a different system. Gordon had big stats but no TDs and the Browns got blown out. Cameron had a few catches for 64 and no TDs.

Jim has much better secondary with the Bills. This bodes well for us. and the D is still trending upwards.

If Bills offense can build on last weeks game , the game could get ugly for the Browns.

Think anyone will cheer Pettine when he comes on the field ?

i'm confident that Schwarz can mix things up enough in coverage to force Hoyer into a mistake or two. he's aware - as any opposing Bills QB is at this point - of how crtitical it is to make sound judgements at the line, and instant confirm/dismiss reads on the fly, in order to get the ball out quickly. i like him, but he's not capable of dictating to our D. he'll have a good game if he can make a few plays within what we'll give him.

i'm more concerned with the other side of the ball. having the back-up FS Poyer starting for Gipson has to impact the play of Whitner at SS, but only if we're aggressive enough downfield to test him. like Hoyer, Orton will see a lot going on pre-snap, and will have to use good judgement on where he's getting single coverage. if Boo Boo can throw some route combinations in there to confuse Poyer, there may be plays to be made to the deep middle. make one of those, and Donte may not be as aggressive in the box. that will go a long way to getting our run game going. this is a chance for our O-line to come out mauling the point of attack, but i don't think we're going to get the run game going until we prove our receivers and QB can take chunks out of them.

i'm confident that Schwarz can mix things up enough in coverage to force Hoyer into a mistake or two. he's aware - as any opposing Bills QB is at this point - of how crtitical it is to make sound judgements at the line, and instant confirm/dismiss reads on the fly, in order to get the ball out quickly. i like him, but he's not capable of dictating to our D. he'll have a good game if he can make a few plays within what we'll give him.

i'm more concerned with the other side of the ball. having the back-up FS Poyer starting for Gipson has to impact the play of Whitner at SS, but only if we're aggressive enough downfield to test him. like Hoyer, Orton will see a lot going on pre-snap, and will have to use good judgement on where he's getting single coverage. if Boo Boo can throw some route combinations in there to confuse Poyer, there may be plays to be made to the deep middle. make one of those, and Donte may not be as aggressive in the box. that will go a long way to getting our run game going. this is a chance for our O-line to come out mauling the point of attack, but i don't think we're going to get the run game going until we prove our receivers and QB can take chunks out of them.

Orton is going to be challenged. Lets hope his veteran experience gives him leg up. I would think you are correct about the middle of the field being a weakness to exploit.

looking forward for Boobie and Fred to run right over Whitner !

Orton is going to be challenged. Lets hope his veteran experience gives him leg up. I would think you are correct about the middle of the field being a weakness to exploit.

I think we are right in expecting to see a run heavy offensive approach featuring Fred and Boobie against the Browns with Scott Chandler playing a key role in the Bills' passing attack to exploit Jim Leonhard and lil donte in coverage.

Carpenter expected to be fine for Sunday

He’s been a limited participant in practice on Wednesday and Thursday with a groin injury, but come Sunday head coach Doug Marrone is confident that K Dan Carpenter will be ready to go.

A groin injury can be a difficult one for a kicker, but Marrone feels good about the availability of Carpenter in what is a very big game against Cleveland Sunday.

“Yeah, absolutely,” said Marrone when asked if Carpenter will be okay to play Sunday. “We’re just listing (his injury) in case there is a setback so we have it documented.”

I think we are right in expecting to see a run heavy offensive approach featuring Fred and Boobie against the Browns with Scott Chandler playing a key role in the Bills' passing attack to exploit Jim Leonhard and lil donte in coverage.

if they start Leonhard at FS, then we may never have to run the ball. :flirt:

my apologies, 26CB.

i just saw this info from bleacher report - concerning Pettine's plans with Gipson out.

Leonhard, who has played 150 snaps at safety this year to Poyer's three, figures to be the one to get the most playing time in Gipson's absence. The 10-year veteran has played for Pettine for six of those years, and his knowledge of the system and the trust Pettine has in him is what brought him to Cleveland in the first place.

Pettine, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, said of Leonhard on Monday, "t's been big for us to have him throughout the year, just to give us that quality depth and a guy we know could step in and play on limited practice repetitions."

He also added, on Poyer, "[T]his is also a time we're very happy to have Jordan Poyer on the roster as well. We're confident when his number is called. He did get in for a few plays. His role will increase as we move forward without Gip. And we're obviously confident he'll do a good job for us."

man, this is a major match-up problem for Pettine and O'Neil that we have to take advantage of! are you listening, Boo Boo? :rolleyes:

i know there are ill feelings towards the man, but don't discount the player. Whitner has been an impact player on two very good Ds in the last few seasons. we have to get force him to back out to give help.

but yeah, that would be something to see.. :thumbsup:

Edited by BackInDaDay