Week 13: Browns' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That might get ugly after Whitner's comments about DT's family in their infamous twitter feud.

I'm going to bet that a lot of the fans/players know that...it may prove useful to the squad (and fans) to have a guy that was the emotional leader of the 90's defense, and a known irritant to Donte in the building.

Woods limited on Bills injury report

Here’s a look at the Bills injury report following Wednesday’s practice. Robert Woods was listed as limited with ankle injury, but head coach Doug Marrone feels Woods will be ready for Sunday’s game.

“He’ll be fine,” said Marrone.

DID NOT PRACTICE

DE Jarius Wynn – knee

TE Chris Gragg – knee

TE Lee Smith – illness

LIMITED PRACTICE

K Dan Carpenter – groin

WR Robert Woods – ankle

Pettine: We Have To Establish The Run Game Early (12:47)

Head Coach Mike Pettine addressed the media prior to practice on November 26, 2014.

Mike Pettine and the Browns gearing up for emotional game in Buffalo

Mike Pettine and the Browns gearing up for emotional game in Buffalo

Mike Pettine has fond memories of his brief 2013 campaign in Buffalo, where he led the Bills to a franchise record 57 sacks as the defensive coordinator.

So it came to no surprise to Pettine that the Bills – without a full week of practice, without a real home crowd in Detroit – were able to cream the New York Jets 38-3 on Monday night.

“I know a lot of guys on that staff and know a lot of the players,” said Pettine during his Wednesday press conference. “The character and the integrity and the toughness …I have nothing but fond memories of my time there.”

Doug Marrone: "Pettine's Done a Great Job" (5:19)

Head Coach Doug Marrone talks about Browns Head Coach Mike Pettine and the play of DE Mario Williams.

@BuffaloBillsPR

Game predictions are starting to filter in and @PSchrags is picking #Bills fans to make the difference. Check it out: http://bufbills.co/ZdjaSd

WR Marcus Thigpen claimed by Bills, added to 53-man roster

Thigpen entered the NFL in 2009 when he signed as an undrafted free agent with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Bills-Browns game sold out

As the Bills return to Ralph Wilson Stadium, their game this Sunday against the Browns is a sellout.

Kyle Orton: "Aggressive, They'll Take Chances" (3:40)

The Bills quarterback talks about Robert Woods performance against the Jets, having good balance on offense, and what makes the Browns defense so challenging.

Mike Pettine: "Bills fans are among the best" (14:06)

Browns head coach Mike Pettine spoke to the Buffalo media to discuss his return to Buffalo, what he has seen from the Bills defense, the Browns success so far, and why he respects Bills fans.

Brian Hoyer: “Guys have bought into Pettine” (9:10)

Browns quarterback Brian Hoyer spoke to the Buffalo media via conference call to discuss facing the Bills again, his relationship with Mike Pettine, and the return of wide receiver Josh Gordon.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Browns injury report

Here’s a look at the Browns injury report in advance of their game against the Bills on Sunday.

Their top tight end Jordan Cameron is trying to return this week from a concussion, but was limited Wednesday. Their leading interceptor DB Tashaun Gipson didn’t practice due to a knee injury.

Gameday activities: Browns vs. Bills

Here’s a rundown of gameday activities for Sunday’s week 12 game against the Cleveland Browns.

browns-cover-blog.jpg?w=550&h=833

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.

Gates open: 11:30 a.m.

Gameday Experience: ADPRO Sports Training Center open 9:30 a.m.

Giveaway

The first 50,000 fans through the gates will receive a Unyts Panini football trading card pack.

7a_7626_1464f1_bu-p1-p1-pdf-r72.jpg?w=521&h=328

Mike Pettine thanks Doug Marrone, Bills for Cleveland guidance

He may not be Donte Whitner -- who is involved in another spat with his former team -- but former Buffalo Bills defensive coordinator Mike Pettine doesn't expect a standing ovation when he returns Sunday as coach of the Cleveland Browns.

"I know heading back into Ralph Wilson [stadium], I don’t necessarily think I’m going to get the warmest reception," Pettine said Wednesday. "I think Donte, they might greet Donte maybe a little bit worse than me, knowing the history there.”

In truth, there wouldn't be much reason for Bills fans to knock Pettine, who turned around the Bills' defense and coached the unit that set a franchise record for sacks.

Donte Whitner: We're Ready For Buffalo On Sunday (1:06)

Safety Donte Whitner addressed the media following practice on 11/26/2014.

Hoyer: We Have Everything In The World To Play For (9:30)

Brian Hoyer speaks to the media on 11/26.

Leonhard: I'm Excited to Play My Former Team (2:03)

Browns defensive back Jim Leonhard spoke to the media following practice on 11/26.

Bills Roundup: Returning to Ralph Wilson Stadium (5:16)

The Bills returned to practice at One Bills Drive in preps for Sunday's game, looking to grab a win inside Ralph Wilson Stadium against Mike Pettine's Cleveland Browns.

Manny Lawson: "We plan on winning out"

Bills defensive end Manny Lawson joined The John Murphy Show to discuss his touchdown against the Jets, moving ahead to the Browns, and his new role this year at defensive end.

Bills vs. Browns preview

After the Buffalo Bills' 38-3 blowout over the Jets on Monday night, coach Doug Marrone wanted one thing more than anything else.

"The best thing that I said -- and I told this to the players, and I've been dying to say it: I just want to go home," Marrone said. "I just want to go home. It's been a long week."

After an all-hands-on-deck effort from the team -- and from the fans who were paid to shovel out seats -- the Bills (6-5) will be back home at Ralph Wilson Stadium for Sunday's game against the Cleveland Browns (7-4), just the Bills' second game on their home turf in a span of 41 days.

ESPN Bills reporter Mike Rodak and ESPN Browns reporter Pat McManamon break it all down:

Kyle Williams: "Take advantage of when we're home" (5:05)

Bills defensive tackle Kyle Williams talks about the return of Mike Pettine, returning to play at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and stopping the run game of the Browns.

Dareus: Matchup with Pettine will be fun

The Bills defense is just a year removed from being coached by Browns head coach Mike Pettine, who served as their defensive coordinator in the 2013 season. Not surprisingly, the players on defense are excited to square off against him and his Cleveland team in a pivotal AFC game.

“It’s going to be fun,” said Marcell Dareus. “I like Pettine. He’s a good dude. He’s got a cool personality. So I know what we’re going to get with him. He’s going to try to pick on each one of us because he knows our strengths and weaknesses because we rolled with him for a year so I’m excited about it.”

Eric Wood: "Two teams fighting for a playoff spot" (2:34)

Bills center Eric Wood talks about this weekend's game against Cleveland, facing Browns head coach Mike Pettine, and returning to Ralph Wilson Stadium to play in front of the Bills fans.

Thomas: Bill's Front Four Will Be Challenging (5:10)

Browns offensive lineman Joe Thomas spoke to the media after practice on 11/26.