TPS

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL!!!! :lol:

Yeah, 4 government employees enforcing liberal taxation policies by beating/arresting a guy selling loose cigarettes screams conservative/libertarian policy. Jesus Christ, TYTT was trying to take your belt for an entire thread and you swoop in at the last minute with your own referee and keep it.

Nice work, Security. Perhaps next you'll state that "I must not do anything important," and that we should "erradicate Muslims".

/golf clap

You'll have to forgive me, I must have missed "60 Minutes."

I don't think you're exibiting evidence of much intelligence at all given that you're all over the !@#$ing map, and have now fallen low enough to make an absurd attempt to differentiate between others reasons for posting on a message board, vs. your own.

If I was going to waste the time trying to pretend I was intellectually superior I would have spelled all the words in my ridiculous insult correctly.

Actually, what I do here, as I'm doing now, is mock cunts openly. That should be painfully obvious to you by now.

Why not hustle back to the shallow end of the pool, where you belong, and get back to moving those mountains?

Just keep declaring victory, you internet savant you. At least your themes and tactics are as consistent as they are trite. You'll always have that going for you.

Godzilla has some redeeming qualities toward humankind. More like Rodan vs. Mothra. Two wannabees going @ it.

:lol: You'll always be the Riddler to me.

Police officer's opinion piece on Garner

Officers Did Not Use Excessive Force in Arresting Garner

FTA:

Appearing Wednesday on the Fox News Channel’s Special Report, Dr. Krauthammer was discussing the decision by a Staten Island grand jury not to indict an NYPD officer in the July 17 death of Eric Garner, a decision he described as “totally incomprehensible.” I’m sorry, Dr. K., but I don’t find it the least bit incomprehensible.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo was one of several officers involved in the incident, and it was he who grabbed Garner in what has often been described as a “chokehold,” which has been erroneously attributed as the cause of Garner’s death (the medical examiner described it as a contributing factor). In the widely seen video of the arrest, Pantaleo can be seen with his arm around Garner’s neck as Garner is taken to the ground and for some time thereafter, but in watching the video it’s difficult to determine whether Garner was in fact choked. And if he was, it did not appear it was long enough even to render him unconscious, much less kill him.

Much has been made of Garner’s pleas that he couldn’t breathe as he was held on the ground, and in retrospect those pleas are all the more disturbing to hear given what we know to have happened soon thereafter. But the fact that Garner was saying he could not breathe was in itself evidence that he could, for if he was truly unable to breathe then neither could he have spoken. And as Garner was saying these words, neither Pantaleo nor any other officer was holding the man’s neck.

I saw nothing excessive in the manner in which the officers subdued Garner. He was neither beaten with batons nor even punched. To me, it appeared to be a fairly typical scuffle with a large man who had clearly demonstrated his unwillingness to be arrested peacefully. Pantaleo and another plainclothes officer were the first to have contacted Garner, and they showed good judgment by waiting for additional officers to arrive before moving in for the arrest. But once Garner showed he would not willingly be handcuffed, things happened as they most often do in these situations: The cops grabbed whatever part of Garner they could and wrestled him to the ground. It happens every day in any large city you could name. Given Garner’s medical condition, which included obesity, asthma, and high blood pressure, it seems very possible he would have died from the exertion of the scuffle in any case, even if no officer had touched his neck at all.

Where I do find fault with the officers is in their failure to bring Garner to a seated position as soon as they had him under control. Police trainers have long been aware of a phenomenon known as positional asphyxia, in which a person subdued as Garner was can die if left lying in a prone position for too long. Obese people are known to be at a greater risk of this condition than others. The civil case to follow will likely rest on this lapse as much as it does on the use of force itself.

One reason Dr. Krauthammer and so many others are expressing their shock at the grand jury’s decision is the triviality of the crime for which the officers sought to arrest him: selling individual, untaxed cigarettes on the street. It’s unfortunate that NYPD officers have been pressed into service as enforcers for the nanny state that New York City has become, but don’t put a law on the books if you don’t want the cops to enforce it, and don’t ask them to enforce it if you’re not willing to accept the fact that violence will sometimes occur when people resist that enforcement.

— Jack Dunphy is the nom de cyber of a police officer in Southern California.

CHARLES C.W. COOKE: Want to Limit the Use of Police Force? Limit the State: Progressives refuse to see the connection between government and force.

Ultimately, “the State” is a synonym for “organized violence.” “If you refuse to pay your taxes,” Representative David Brat recently noted, “you will lose. You will go to jail, and if you fight, you will lose. The government holds a monopoly on violence. Any law that we vote for is ultimately backed by the full force of our government and military.” In consequence, Brat proposed, we should be careful about when and how that violence is utilized. Certainly, civilized nations need laws. But it is one thing to recruit armed men to prevent murder and rape and grievous bodily harm, and it is quite another to do so in order to regulate the manner in which cigarettes may be sold. Eric Garner was not killed while robbing a bank or starting a fight in a bar, but while selling tobacco on the street without a license. Is this really what the state is for?

If you judge people by what they do, rather than what they say, then that is what the state is for, more than anything else.

Plus:

Roughly speaking, this argument runs like this:

1) The state of New York wished to regulate the sale and taxation of cigarettes;

2) Eric Garner wished to violate those regulations;

3) As a result, he was subjected to the full force of the law;

4) In the process of its application, he died.

Was Garner killed deliberately? No, of course he was not. Whatever the protesters might be chanting today, intent matters a great deal, and we are quite obviously not dealing here with a premeditated murder. Nevertheless, we should all be willing to acknowledge that Garner would never have been so much as approached had the city not wanted its pound of flesh in the first instance.
Because there are consequences to all laws — however minor — it is incumbent upon us to ask if those laws are worth the risks that they yield.

What, I wonder, would the anti-tax rebels who threw off the British Empire make of the news that a man had lost his life for peacefully selling a “loosie”? Is this why governments are instituted among men?

Again, judging by actions, yes.

Aw **** here we go again,

An unarmed Arizona man was shot dead by a Phoenix police officer who mistook a pill bottle for a handgun, police said.

375]Police have yet to name the 30-year-old white officer, who fired off two shots that killed Rumain Brisbon, a 34-year-old black man, during an altercation Tuesday night during an investigation into a drug deal, police said.

But witness accounts varied on what actually happened, sparking protests in Phoenix Thursday night as the fever pitch from the police killings of unarmed teen Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., and the chokehold death of Eric Garneron Staten Island, boiled over into the streets of the southwestern United States.

but ignore this....

Cops reportedly later found a semiautomatic handgun and a jar of marijuana inside the SUV, where Brisbon had previously been sitting.

And this, from his mom...

"This had nothing to do with race," Nora Brisbon told the newspaper. "This is about Rumain and the wrong that was done to him, and I want people to focus on that. If they want to rally, let's support him positively."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/unarmed-man-shot-dead-mistook-pill-bottle-gun-article-1.2034471

Edited by jboyst62

Gfmwanted Starbucks for dessert she had a gift card. The way out amcop opens the door and says hi

Im told him I am not sure what he thinks of the protests in Ferguson and elsewhere but I want to thank you for your service, because I know its not easy.

His reply was perfect. Thank you, we do our best and wished more others could see how tough the job is sometimes.

Gfmwanted Starbucks for dessert she had a gift card. The way out amcop opens the door and says hi

Im told him I am not sure what he thinks of the protests in Ferguson and elsewhere but I want to thank you for your service, because I know its not easy.

His reply was perfect. Thank you, we do our best and wished more others could see how tough the job is sometimes.

Do they really do their best? I truly hope so. Too many people just don't give a sh*t anymore and a lot of lip service is given.

I think (hope) everybody realizes how tough and tasking the job is... Thankless too on many occasions as I will explain: That's why it takes the right personality and temperment. It's zero-fail when it comes to stuff like this. I realize how tough it is. You crack, you are in the wrong line of work. Service should come before self in this line of work. Not self first, not family first, SERVICE TO OTHERS first. They are there to SERVE and protect. Cheerful SERVICE too. I think too many forget this. It is this bare minimum of an exacting standard to SERVICE we can expect and should ALWAYS expect... Even w/a daunting, tough, thankless job.

I think TYTT brought up the stat about how many "white knight" personalities there are in ranks of the police... It's low, very very low, too low. Then contrast that with too many "bully", type A personalities that fill the ranks. There may be the problem. To change this, we have to get to the very root of our society's current selfish culture.