Ferguson

TPS

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Remember that a grand jury simply determines whether or not a crime was committed and, if so, is the person charged possibly involved. This case in NYC appears to me to warrant a grand jury level investigation of the matter based on the coroner's finding of homicide as cause of death.

What's the process for investigating corner's findings that are politically motivated and patently false?

Holy schitt. I just looked online, and the average pack of smokes in NYC is $14. That's just unbelievable. I couldn't understand why the NYPD was wasting time on such a stupid crime, but now I kinda get it.

Kinda. But not really.

You see. This is what happens when conservatives take over your city.

Yup, the mobsters love Bloomberg. He created a brand new racket for them.

That's why there were so many cops there. It was part of the ongoing sting operation, and of course Garner wasn't the ultimate target. The goal is to get to the crews that ship the cigarettes from NC & VA.

What's the process for investigating corner's findings that are politically motivated and patently false?

Assuming an indictment is returned, at least part of the process for determining the validity of the coroner's findings is called a trial.

Holy schitt. I just looked online, and the average pack of smokes in NYC is $14. That's just unbelievable. I couldn't understand why the NYPD was wasting time on such a stupid crime, but now I kinda get it.

Kinda. But not really.

You see. This is what happens when conservatives take over your city.

Perfect example of why legalizing marijuana and taxing the **** out of it is going to do little to eliminate the black market. I was in Seattle over Thanksgiving and they are going to do away with medical marijuana because they can't tax it. We just need more money and the world will be a better place.

Another opinion:

Eric Garner and Omnipresent Police Power: The Eric Garner case is a reminder that government is force, and more government equals more force.

“What did the facts show in the Staten Island case? They don’t show deliberate murder. The video of the police arrest of Eric Garner shows no evidence of malice or specific intent to harm Garner. Rather, it shows a callousness toward his obvious physical distress when the confrontation goes wrong. The killing is less malicious than officious.”

Wait, Holder and Obama are blowing smoke ? Holder NYC Civil Rights Investigation Is Not News.

“Mainstream media will, naturally, treat the announcement as major news. In fact, a federal review is opened in every single case where police officer action results in a death. As I said on Lou Dobbs, it’s like holding a press conference to announce that the lights were turned on that morning at the DOJ.”

Perfect example of why legalizing marijuana and taxing the **** out of it is going to do little to eliminate the black market. I was in Seattle over Thanksgiving and they are going to do away with medical marijuana because they can't tax it. We just need more money and the world will be a better place.

I always liked the idea of legalizing it and not taxing it myself. Why pot smokers want it taxed so heavily is beyond me. Maybe they should put the bong down long enough to think that one through.

I always liked the idea of legalizing it and not taxing it myself. Why pot smokers want it taxed so heavily is beyond me. Maybe they should put the bong down long enough to think that one through.

Pure supply & demand. Illegal pot is too expensive relative to production cost because distribution risks add to the cost. Legal distribution and normalized taxation should eliminate the black market. There is already evidence that the cartels are smuggling US legally grown pot for sale in Mexico.

OTOH, the black market for cigarettes in NYC was created solely by the excessive cigarette tax in NYC. If you impose an excessive tax on pot, the black market will also thrive.

OTOH, the black market for cigarettes in NYC was created solely by the excessive cigarette tax in NYC. If you impose an excessive tax on pot, the black market will also thrive.

Perhaps NY can change it's "Open for business" marketing scheme to: NY: We'll get our cigarette tax if we have to choke it out of you.

Edited by LABillzFan

Cigarette trafficking in NY has been around for a long time, though (source: Goodfellas :D). Have the cigarette taxes in NYC been that high for that long?

Cigarette trafficking in NY has been around for a long time, though (source: Goodfellas :D). Have the cigarette taxes in NYC been that high for that long?

NYC taxes have historically been higher, but Bloomberg supersized them.

Lost in the racial outcry over the decision to not indict white police officer Daniel Pantaleo in the death of Black petty criminal Eric Garner is the key fact that the attempt to arrest Garner was overseen by a Black female police sergeant.

The Black female police sergeant is not shown in the countless replays in the media of cellphone footage that showed white male police officers confronting and taking down Garner but she is said to be seen in the video.

From a police report reported by PIX11in July, the sergeant’s name appears to be Kizzy Adoni.

“Another female sergeant, Kizzy Adoni, made a similar statement in the report. She “believed she heard” Garner say he was having difficulty breathing. Adoni also said “The perpetrator’s condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.””

There is no mention of Adoni in a Google News search of the latest reports on the Garner decision.

There are very few mentions at all that a Black female sergeant oversaw the attempted arrest of Garner.

NBC News in New York reported the sergeants at the scene were offered immunity for their testimony before the grand jury.

“Pantaleo is the only NYPD member facing possible indictment. Others at the scene, including two sergeants, were offered immunity for their testimony to the grand jury.”

Denis Hamill wrote at the New York Daily News that a federal civil rights case will likely be scuttled by the presence and oversight of Pantaleo’s actions by the Black female sergeant–who did not intervene in the attempted arrest.

“Pantaleo who applied the lethal chokehold on Eric Garner was supervised by an African-American female NYPD sergeant.

Having that black sergeant in charge of that crime scene takes race out of the equation.
As awful as Pantaleo’s actions appear on that video, at no time does that black sergeant order Pantaleo to stop choking Garner.

…”Any chance of a federal civil rights case will be hampered by that African-American police sergeant’s presence.”

Does Eric Holder know ?

I used to know a few guys that would do this on weekends. They'd just get a rental car and load the trunk up with cigarettes from NC/SC and drive up to NYC where they had family. Stay there with family for the night and drive back on Sunday. They made about $1000 a trip. I never understood the risk of it and why they didn't just get a big truck. They said it was easier to just rent a car then it was to get a license for a Uhaul. Plus, Uhauls stick out more and you cannot ditch them as easily. They had to ditch a rental a couple of times they had said. They would just take it to a run down area and leave it there until it got vandalized after they had left.

Yup, the mobsters love Bloomberg. He created a brand new racket for them.

That's why there were so many cops there. It was part of the ongoing sting operation, and of course Garner wasn't the ultimate target. The goal is to get to the crews that ship the cigarettes from NC & VA.

In the video, the guy taking it or somebody next to him keeps saying "All he did was break up a fight." What was that all about? (I didn't watch it until yesterday)

Absolutely love that every single parrot in this country is now comparing Cliven Bundy to the NYC dude selling cigarettes.

In the video, the guy taking it or somebody next to him keeps saying "All he did was break up a fight." What was that all about? (I didn't watch it until yesterday)

There is no telling and we simply cannot make assumptions based on what is being said. There is also a great deal of time missing in the video.

Nonetheless, more then one officer witnessed the infraction.

--------------------------

So, a MN School Superintendent has decided punishments are racist. She has an idea...

For generations, Minnesotans have regarded our public education system as one of the nation’s best. With state investment in education near the national average, Minnesota’s students are among the most college-ready in the nation. But for generations, we have failed our students of color. The achievement gaps between Minnesota’s white students and its black and Hispanic students are among the highest nationally. In Minneapolis, a low-income black student is six times more likely than a white student to be suspended for at least one day in a school year.

That discipline gap has major implications for students’ academic success — when children aren’t in school, they can’t learn. That’s why I have begun implementing significant changes to how we discipline students in Minneapolis. Those changes have received national attention, and while many parents and educators support the new policies, some have accused me of discriminating against our white students. That could not be further from the truth.

The problem of racial disparities in school discipline doesn’t affect Minneapolis alone. Nationwide, black and white children suffer different consequences for their behavior as soon as they begin school. Black students are just 18 percent of all preschoolers, but they are 48 percent of preschoolers with more than one out-of-school suspension. Minority students do not misbehave more than their white peers; they are disciplined more severely for the same behaviors. For example, a study of North Carolina schools found that discipline gaps exist for various infractions: for dress-code violations, black students were suspended at a rate six times higher than white students; for cellphone use, it was eight times higher; for displays of affection, 10 times higher; and for disruptive behavior, it was double. That systemic racism cannot continue.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/11/26/critics-say-my-new-discipline-policy-is-unfair-to-white-students-heres-why-theyre-wrong/?tid=sm_fb

Edited by jboyst62

Good one. Who knew that word would get through the filters? Though somehow I doubt you're much of a ladies man unless the woman's drink of choice is a Roofie Martini.

Nice work, Security. Perhaps next you'll state that "I must not do anything important," and that we should "erradicate Muslims".

/golf clap

No. You see, I'm intelligent enough to realize that I'm not changing much of anything in this world.

I don't think you're exibiting evidence of much intelligence at all given that you're all over the !@#$ing map, and have now fallen low enough to make an absurd attempt to differentiate between others reasons for posting on a message board, vs. your own.

I'm here because sometimes I get bored and have a little time to waste. Thanks for being dumb enough to consistently declare yourself the victor and believing what you're doing is somehow "difference making". You're another one of the parodies that makes the internet a moderately entertaining medium.

Actually, what I do here, as I'm doing now, is mock cunts openly. That should be painfully obvious to you by now.

Why not hustle back to the shallow end of the pool, where you belong, and get back to moving those mountains?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker