Favorite new beer that you have tried recently

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just game back from Total Wine...one thing i want to mention

Sweetwater and Sierra Nevada have the best twelve packs boxes...lay them on their side, they have the cut out so cans roll out perfectly one at a time!

Little things my friends, little things!

Edited by plenzmd1

unfortunately bud light or miller lite or coors light had that first, but if you are like me, you try to have selective memory and not give them the credit

Sweetwater and Sierra Nevada have the best twelve packs boxes...lay them on their side, they have the cut out so cans roll out perfectly one at a time!

Only one beer at a time? Who has the patience for that? :rolleyes:

Lagunitas...A Little Sumpin Extra Ale

Very nice IPA

Yummmmm! Sumpin Sumpin is always in the fridge. Now I'll have to try the Extra. Didn't care too much for the Wild though.

post-507-0-59214800-1417197520_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tony P

Silver City is a good brewery, and their scotch ale is arguably their signature - you typically see 22oz'ers in the grocery stores around here (Puget Sound), and they are a fairly popular rotating tap. I've never seen any of Silvery City's beer in 12oz.

Some of my other favorite breweries from around here are Elysian, Black Raven, and Ninkasi (though Ninkasi is actually in Oregon, not Washington). The Tamerlane Porter from Black Raven is probably my favorite. If you like hoppy beers, Fremont is a good choice too.

• 3 weeks later...

Saison DuPont is one my favorite Belgians.

This love child between Dogfish, Victory and Stone is another.

http://www.dogfish.c...son-du-BUFF.htm

So, was in a little beer store Saturday night and they had one of these up at the counter by the register. This post came to mind.. but I was a little scared by two things

1. Bottled date was 06/10....thats seems like a long time ago
  2. $4.99 for a 12 oz Bottle...wowzer.

Anyway, started cooking a little early today...so pulled it out to help with my prep work!

Worth every friggen penny :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up!

I bought a sixer of Balast Points Sculpin Habanero last week, hoping to get the Sculpin Grapefruit this week. Also have the latest Rogue Voodoo Donut offering, the lemon chiffon crueller....i enjoy that series, can't drink a lot of them but the flavor profiles are pretty cool, they do a good job, even if they aren't flavors typically associated with beer. Eagerly awaiting their siracha beer coming out in a month or so

I bought a sixer of Balast Points Sculpin Habanero last week, hoping to get the Sculpin Grapefruit this week. Also have the latest Rogue Voodoo Donut offering, the lemon chiffon crueller....i enjoy that series, can't drink a lot of them but the flavor profiles are pretty cool, they do a good job, even if they aren't flavors typically associated with beer. Eagerly awaiting their siracha beer coming out in a month or so

I have not heard of any them Pooj...but my first reaction is "yeech". But like i tell my kids, how can you say you dont like it if you have never tried it!

Hate the watermelon from 21st amendment!

Sculpin is Ballast Points signature IPA, one of the highest rated beers in the USA, awesome beer. The habanero and grapefruit are derivations of the sculpin that used to brewery releases, this year they bottled and distributed. The Voodoo series is interesting, maple bacon donut, chocolate, banana and peanut butter and pretzel raspberry chocolate, along with the new one mentioned above. they come in bright pink bottles, really worth at least trying once, the way they are able to separate the individual flavors blows me away.

Should be getting the bourbon barrel hardywood gbs this week, the rum barrel will hopefully follow close behind that

I have not heard of any them Pooj...but my first reaction is "yeech". But like i tell my kids, how can you say you dont like it if you have never tried it!

Hate the watermelon from 21st amendment!

Lauguintas "Brown Suggah" weighing in at 9.9%. Does not taste overpowering at all.

http://lagunitas.com.../brown-shugga/#

I will always remember the first Lauguintas i ever had...was in San Francisco for work, Sabres were playing a playoff game, the one Vanel got crushed.. I was only familiar with 21st Amendment, as Langunitas was not on East Coast yet.

Guys at the North Star were saying had to try the IPA.

That was 2009 i believe...been a big fan of their beers ever since.

Sculpin is Ballast Points signature IPA, one of the highest rated beers in the USA, awesome beer.

Should be getting the bourbon barrel hardywood gbs this week, the rum barrel will hopefully follow close behind that

Yep, know the Sculpin well...just added the flavors not so sure i would like

i am waiting to try them until i have both, i have heard the habanero has all the goodness of sculpin with a nice head sweating heat, I will report back when i try both

Yep, know the Sculpin well...just added the flavors not so sure i would like