Lions O lineman admits to diving at knee of Pats* player

YoloinOhio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on circumstances I can't say I blame him. If the pats truly could have taken a knee to run out the clock then they got what was coming to them IMO.

That may be scummy by the Cheats*, but if true, that's even scummier conduct by Raiola. No excuse for possibly ending the career of a competitor because of a decision his coach makes.

What other way would you suggest that a player take?

How about call a pass play near the Pats* sideline and have your receiver target Belicheat out of bounds? That way at least you're targeting the right guy. Never happen (nor would I actually endorse it), but in theory at least there'd be some measure of justice as you're defining it

Because that isn't the first time that he's pulled that kind of crap. Until something happens he'll keep it up.

If a player doesn't cheap shot his guys they may continue scoring too many points? I didn't see the play but is that the argument you are making?

I think it's more of a, "they wanna keep going 100% when the game is over, so will we," situation.

Ah- going at the knees sounded different than simply playing hard but instead being dirty as payback. Very different things in my book.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't know Zach Martin but would applaud anyone who took a cheap shot at Vince Wilfork because that guy was as dirty as hell.

That really stinks and it shouldn't happen to anyone.... but if you HAD TO pick one guy, why not the guy who made the helmet visor such a good idea?

If a player doesn't cheap shot his guys they may continue scoring too many points? I didn't see the play but is that the argument you are making?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Jesus.

If the game truly (I didn't see it) could have ended with kneel downs but they went for another score instead then YES, their players deserve whatever treatment they are given. Riola's only fault was admitting what he did.

Yes, that's exactly what I said. Jesus.

If the game truly (I didn't see it) could have ended with kneel downs but they went for another score instead then YES, their players deserve whatever treatment they are given. Riola's only fault was admitting what he did.

Sorry for trying to give the benefit and thinking you were better than that. Apparently I was not only wrong but crazy for thinking so.

Ah- going at the knees sounded different than simply playing hard but instead being dirty as payback. Very different things in my book.

That's a legal technique for blocking. It only was cheap because the Pats players stopped playing hard because the game was over. Very similar to running up the score when the Lions stopped playing hard because the game was over.