Lions O lineman admits to diving at knee of Pats* player

YoloinOhio

Sorry for trying to give the benefit and thinking you were better than that. Apparently I was not only wrong but crazy for thinking so.

If you watched the video you see the same thing that you see on many running plays. Why should the same not be expected on the last play of the game? Isn't that what Belichick is telling his players by not taking the kneel down?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If one team is practicing un-sportsmen-like conduct, why is it so crazy to think the other team is going to start being un-sportsmen-like. I'm totally fine with what the guy did. Should've hit him harder. Better yet, the whole line should have done it. Cut block them all and knock em down like dominos.

I didn't see it, but it does seem to be something of a Patriot tradition. They've done it to us before and the "high road" is to say it's our job to stop them. This is one of the many reasons I'm not a Belichick fan. But his player is out there doing his job trying to continue his career and provide for his family. It wasn't his call. (Wilfork on the other hand....)

Maybe I should clarify since I didn't see it - playing hard is fine, going low with bad intent seeking revenge is something else.

Edited by Augie

I didn't see it, but it does seem to be something of a Patriot tradition. They've done it to us before and the "high road" is to say it's our job to stop them. This is one of the many reasons I'm not a Belichick fan. But his player is out there doing his job trying to continue his career and provide for his family. It wasn't his call. (Wilfork on the other hand....)

Bingo. I still didn't see the play so I'm relying on the tweet and the fact that the player admitted to anything. If it was just another play, why'd he have anything to say? What's thedegensive lineman for the pats supposed to do to prevent his own offense from running a play? Why should his career be put in jeopardy because it's not very nice to score more points than you need?

Edited by NoSaint

Bingo. I still didn't see the play so I'm relying on the tweet and the fact that the player admitted to anything. If it was just another play, why'd he have anything to say? What's thedegensive lineman for the pats supposed to do to prevent his own offense from running a play? Why should his career be put in jeopardy because it's not very nice to score more points than you need?

So, it's ok for the pats to play until the last, but, not for the other team? Where does this rule of yours come from?

So, it's ok for the pats to play until the last, but, not for the other team? Where does this rule of yours come from?

I've clearly said if it was a legal incidental contact I don't care but if the player was intending to blow a guys knee our due to the other team scoring it's pretty scummy. There are things bigger than the scoreboard there.

Hard is fine. You had better play hard... or else. Intent to injure out of revenge for a coaches strategy is something else. And agian, I didn't see it. But the tweet of admission is pretty damning regarding the question of intent. I wouldn't want my player on either end of that deal. (But I'm hearing it was legal so I'll shut up now since I didn't see it.)

Edited by Augie

I've clearly said if it was a legal incidental contact I don't care but if the player was intending to blow a guys knee our due to the other team scoring it's pretty scummy. There are things bigger than the scoreboard there.

Interesting take. I suppose that the only solution is to play each play to the whistle.

like Riola did

Interesting take. I suppose that the only solution is to play each play to the whistle.

like Riola did

Yea I'm bring real controversial saying if his intent was to injure not simply block that it was a low class move.

Yea I'm bring real controversial saying if his intent was to injure not simply block that it was a low class move.

and apparently I'm being real controversial by saying that his low class move was in response to another low class move. As ye sow so shall ye reap.

and apparently I'm being real controversial by saying that his low class move was in response to another low class move. As ye sow so shall ye reap.

Something about two wrongs not making a right- especially when the guy feeling the revenge is a rookie late rounder that had absolutely nothing to do with the original decision.

Something about two wrongs not making a right- especially when the guy feeling the revenge is a rookie late rounder that had absolutely nothing to do with the original decision.

I didn't say that they make a right. What this may do is make Bellichick rethink what he's going to call the next time he's in that situation.

It looks kind of pathetic, if his goal was to cut the guy. Missed badly, ended up face down in the turf. He seems proud of that moment though.

He would have been better off just playing better for the rest of the game before that...

So, let me see if I get all this:

A) He inteded to injure a guy with a cheap shot

B) He was stupid enough to admit it

C) He failed

This guy needs more practice and less Twitter. Shut up and work on your game and you may not be discovered as a fool who failed.

I didn't say that they make a right. What this may do is make Bellichick rethink what he's going to call the next time he's in that situation.

and I'm saying a random guys knees are worth more than the lesson being taught to a coach. Let's leave it there as I think we've been pretty explicit and simply disagree.

So, let me see if I get all this:

A) He inteded to injure a guy with a cheap shot

B) He was stupid enough to admit it

C) He failed

This guy needs more practice and less Twitter. Shut up and work on your game and you may not be discovered as a fool who failed.

The trifecta of humiliation.

His kids should be shown this man's proudest moment.

Maybe I should clarify since I didn't see it - playing hard is fine, going low with bad intent seeking revenge is something else.

i recall Gronk still being in the game at the very end of a blowout win over the Bills because he was trying to score 50 or something, and he broke his arm.

I don't condone trying to hurt anyone but I wonder how much it does happen but we don't know because they aren't as stupid as this guy to admit it.

Someday it's going to catch up to him. He will have Brady out there at the end while up by 30 and he'll get hurt.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i recall Gronk still being in the game at the very end of a blowout win over the Bills because he was trying to score 50 or something, and he broke his arm.

I don't condone trying to hurt anyone but I wonder how much it does happen but we don't know because they aren't as stupid as this guy to admit it.

Someday it's going to catch up to him. He will have Brady out there at the end while up by 30 and he'll get hurt.

He was blocking on an extra point as he doesn't like to bench starters. philosophically it may be dumb but I do think gronk blocking on a point after isn't exactly the same.