Lions O lineman admits to diving at knee of Pats* player

YoloinOhio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someday it's going to catch up to him. He will have Brady out there at the end while up by 30 and he'll get hurt.

I don't wish for anyone to get hurt, but, you know, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.

Next week would be OK.

Edited by Augie

Just curious, how many people defending what he did would still be defending it if it didn't happen against the *pats? How much of an impact on your reaction?

And maybe I read it wrong, but I thought the article said the Lions were taking a knee anyway, and if that's the case there is absolutely no reason to target a guys knees because at that point the realistic expectation is that the game is over and that play is just a formality.

The Lions were still playing (ie calling time-outs) and, in fact, took a 15 yard personal foul penalty, on the previous play. if they are still playing and not relinquishing, then why should the Pats?

As for Raiola .... I betcha the pansy wouldn't have done that to Wilfork or Branch?

Edited by Pneumonic

Just curious, how many people defending what he did would still be defending it if it didn't happen against the *pats? How much of an impact on your reaction?

And maybe I read it wrong, but I thought the article said the Lions were taking a knee anyway, and if that's the case there is absolutely no reason to target a guys knees because at that point the realistic expectation is that the game is over and that play is just a formality.

The Pats refused to kneel-out the game. They wanna play to the end, why can't that guy on Lions? Since when do the Pats decide when the game is "over?"

If a team ever started running up the score on the Bills, with 2 minutes left in an obvious kneel-out situation, I'd want to see some Bills players retaliate somehow.

Edited by FireChan

The Pats refused to kneel-out the game. They wanna play to the end, why can't that guy on Lions? Since when do the Pats decide when the game is "over."

I w

Ummmm, the Pats refused to kneel out the game because the Lions were still playing it out (ie calling TO's and taking 15 yard personal foul penalties) in the immediate plays leading up to the TD run.

The Pats refused to kneel-out the game. They wanna play to the end, why can't that guy on Lions? Since when do the Pats decide when the game is "over?"

If a team ever started running up the score on the Bills, with 2 minutes left in an obvious kneel-out situation, I'd want to see some Bills players retaliate somehow.

Riola is a Center, and my understanding is the Lions were kneeling out the game, and in that case regardless of the teams or players, if you're lining up in the Victory formation, you don't go after a players knees on the defensive side for any reason.

Riola is a Center, and my understanding is the Lions were kneeling out the game, and in that case regardless of the teams or players, if you're lining up in the Victory formation, you don't go after a players knees on the defensive side for any reason.

Who's to say he was intending to injure? That's a legal block, no?

Who's to say he was intending to injure? That's a legal block, no?

When you're in a formation that shows you aren't running an actual play? By definition sure maybe it's a "legal block", but when there is no attempt by the offense to gain yards it's a cowardly childish action that has no place in the game.

When you're in a formation that shows you aren't running an actual play? By definition sure maybe it's a "legal block", but when there is no attempt by the offense to gain yards it's a cowardly childish action that has no place in the game.

Who's to say the Pats aren't going to try to force a fumble there? I mean, they were just running up the score.

Who's to say the Pats aren't going to try to force a fumble there? I mean, they were just running up the score.

Sorry, I completely disagree, you don't attack thinking, well what if they attack? It's a childish idiotic move that he made and there isn't a valid excuse for his actions.

Sorry, I completely disagree, you don't attack thinking, well what if they attack? It's a childish idiotic move that he made and there isn't a valid excuse for his actions.

Yes there is. I just made it.

Your argument is that the Patriots get to run up the score and play hard when there's an insurmountable lead, but the Lions don't. That's ridiculous. Why not just bow down to Belicheck before the game if you're gonna let him dictate you and your team.

You think the Pats deserve to dictate when a game "ends," and both teams concede. They don't. It takes two teams to tango, and the Lions didn't take their crap.

I don't think he should have tried to injure a guy, but the Pats and the media are crazy for not expecting retaliation.

Edited by FireChan

Belichick had the bst response on this play.

“I’m sure there was a lot of frustration there for [Dominic] Raiola,” Belichick said on Monday’s conference call. “That’s obvious. He’s never beaten us. Tough day in there dealing with [Vince] Wilfork, [Dont’a] Hightower and those guys, so it was probably frustration. We saw a lot of that at the end of the game. [Tahir] Whitehead on [LeGarrette] Blount’s touchdown, [C.J.] Mosley on the personal foul on the field goal.”

If Raiola had blown the guys knee out and possibly ended his career (6th round rookie from a small school - who knows if he makes a 53 and has another shot if he misses the whole offseason) --- but BB calls a kneel in that situation the following week..... would you consider that an accomplishment?

I didnt realize the lions were still calling timeouts at the time the pats ran the ball -- makes it even sillier to be upset, yet alone take it out on a random defensive lineman.

Yes there is. I just made it.

Your argument is that the Patriots get to run up the score and play hard when there's an insurmountable lead, but the Lions don't. That's ridiculous. Why not just bow down to Belicheck before the game if you're gonna let him dictate you and

your team.

You think the Pats deserve to dictate when a game "ends," and both teams concede. They don't. It takes two teams to tango, and the Lions didn't take their crap. I don't think he should have tried to injure a guy, but the Pats and the media are crazy for not expecting retaliation.

Where did I say that? my problem is the LIONS were kneeling down and conceding the game was over. the LIONS were giving up.