Global warming err Climate change HOAX

so it was 63 degrees in the western carolina mountains today and the man made snow was melting pretty fast. it's a single data point but enough for me to conclude a ski condo there is probably not a great idea. i'm betting the entire ski industry is a bit spooked. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/08/opinion/sunday/the-end-of-snow.html?_r=0, http://www.coloradoindependent.com/150106/global-warming-takes-bite-out-of-colorado-ski-season

Tampered data, who woulda thunk it?

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/global-warming-temperature-date-faked/2015/02/08/id/623494/

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MR booker has an undergrad degree in HISTORY and is a proponent of intelligent design and an opponent of evolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Booker. can't find any educational info on the other dude. perhaps he was a high school drop out. where do the oil and coal companies find these guys? the local pub?

MR booker has an undergrad degree in HISTORY and is a proponent of intelligent design and an opponent of evolution: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Booker. can't find any educational info on the other dude. perhaps he was a high school drop out. where do the oil and coal companies find these guys? the local pub?

What does his education have to do with numbers being altered?

What does his education have to do with numbers being altered?

doesn't it bother you that so many deniers have no formal expertise or training in a discipline even remotely related to the questions they try to address? can't you infer anything from that?

i'm not equipped to parse the numbers and i bet you are not either. see, there are these things called credentials that ensure that the author or apeaker is...

They changed the numbers from the actual readings to what they wanted them to be, all Brooks has done is compared what they claimed to what was actually measured.

doesn't it bother you that so many deniers have no formal expertise or training in a discipline even remotely related to the questions they try to address? can't you infer anything from that?

Al Gore, the spiritual father of the modern climate change movement, has a law degree and a background in journalism, but that doesn't stop consensus bandwagoneers from buying what he preaches.

They changed the numbers from the actual readings to what they wanted them to be, all Brooks has done is compared what they claimed to what was actually measured.

well the newsmax piece talks about discrepencies from "raw data". that could mean something as simple as a linear regression or median value from many temperature data points gathered from a single source or multiple sources. could mean a plethora of things. but i don't think some tinfoil hat history ba journalist is the best source to interpret said data. and i won't be spending any time reading his shtik. but that's just me...

Al Gore, the spiritual father of the modern climate change movement, has a law degree and a background in journalism, but that doesn't stop consensus bandwagoneers from buying what he preaches.

al gore is not the scientific father of climate change. the majority of the experts in the field agree with him. he's not trying to take on the experts with no backing. it's entirely different.

well the newsmax piece talks about discrepencies from "raw data". that could mean something as simple as a linear regression or median value from many temperature data points gathered from a single source or multiple sources. could mean a plethora of things. but i don't think some tinfoil hat history ba journalist is the best source to interpret said data. and i won't be spending any time reading his shtik. but that's just me...

al gore is not the scientific father of climate change. the majority of the experts in the field agree with him. he's not trying to take on the experts with no backing. it's entirely different.

Agreed. It is much better to not ever question the commies who came up with the data in the first place.

And is it a Celsius degree or Fahrenheit degree?

Oops... don't like the data - just change it to a more convenient lie.

ah yes, mr booker again. it's difficult to have a meaningful debate in an echo chamber.

Agreed. It is much better to not ever question the commies who came up with the data in the first place.

why would climate change be associated with communism?

He also dropped out of Divinity school.

He's the heart & soul of the movement, the one that rallies the masses to buy into the consensus hype.

He also dropped out of Divinity school.

Yeah, so he could worship trees instead.

He's the heart & soul of the movement, the one that rallies the masses to buy into the consensus hype.

Yeah, so he could worship trees instead.

here's the difference: he's not trying to rewrite or reinterpret the work of actual scientists and experts. in fact, he's doing the opposite. he's publicizing that work. it's fundamentally different from what mr tinfoil is doing. btw, the telegraph is roughly equivalent to the enquirer in the u.s.

here's the difference: he's not trying to rewrite or reinterpret the work of actual scientists and experts. in fact, he's doing the opposite. he's publicizing that work. it's fundamentally different from what mr tinfoil is doing. btw, the telegraph is roughly equivalent to the enquirer in the u.s.

He makes his living pushing unproven science, using his 'credibility as a former public servant' to frighten people into believing what he says. That's contemptible.