Marrone

Tipster19

Coming off the BYE, Buffalo Bills QB Kyle Orton could only lead the Bills to 13 points in a HOME game loss. Four days later Orton led the Bills to only 9 points and no touchdowns in a away game.

It's not Morrone or any other coaches. It's the simple fact that the Buffalo Bills do not have a quarterback for this team.

hopefully Terry is seeing that he does not have what it takes to be a NFL head coach

If Pegula fires Morrone, whom does he hire to replace him with?

Punting on 4th and 6 down 10 with 10 min left - Last week vs KC twice - Did you watch - Your right he is a good coach

Fire Morrone. Whom do you replace him with? Which NFL quality coach would want to come to Buffalo given the fact that the Bills have no first round draft in 2015. Also given the fact that the Bills do not have NFL caliber quarterbacks.

Fire Morrone. Whom do you replace him with? Which NFL quality coach would want to come to Buffalo given the fact that the Bills have no first round draft in 2015. Also given the fact that the Bills do not have NFL caliber quarterbacks.

Since we don't have an NFL coach,(period)what is it that you suggest?

I'm not sure if changing the HC is the right answer at this juncture. I feel Marrone deserves one more year. Coordinators, on the other hand, are expendable - especially coordinators like NH who have never accomplished anything at the pro level or the college level for that matter.

Now that the Bills ownership is stable who not go after Cowher or Gruden and give them full control. Even if they failed could it be worse?

TP was photographed with Cowher...and in the pregame Cowher gushed about how he loved the Bills coaching...seemed a little put on...like somone who was informally offered a position...for example-

"Have you ever been to Buffalo in the Fall?"

or

"Bill, do you like to ski?"

or

"after we shake hands you will find a blank check in your possession...fill it out for whatever you like."

I hear this is how rumors are started...

Keep calm and Buffalo on...

Morrone needs to blow up in a Press Conference regarding the bad calls every single week over and over. He needs to get mad, he needs to call out the B.S., he needs to pay the fine and stick up for his team. The biggest man I've ever seen with no sack.

Maroon must go. His statement that the percentages favored punting is just FLAT OUT WRONG!!! Plug in the numbers here: http://wp.advancedfootballanalytics.com/4thdncalc1.php The WP for Going for It is greater than punting EVEN IF GOING FOR IT FAILS!!!! When the people in the stands can get better information from a web site than an NFL coach making millions, it's time to get a new coach. FIRE MAROON NOW!!!!

Edited by Fred Jackson Jockstrap

How sad. We had the guy here and then the Browns gave the keys to Pettine.

It's not as if NFL franchises were beating down Pettine's door. He was pretty much the coach of last resort for the Browns after they we turned down by many others.

Spilled milk. Time for a new HC search.

Marrone deserves to be fired. He is supposed to be an offensive minded head coach but after two years we still havent established an identity on offense.

-Talked about running super fast no huddle offense last year with EJ. Backfired

-Talked about a power running game this year with EJ as game manager. Backfired

-Keeping Urbik on the bench for half the season while Cyril Richardson was a turnstyle at guard.

-Never able to utilize Spiller to his skill set

-Sammy Watkins has back to back 30 yard games in the two most critical games of the season.

-Focused all offseason on improving red zone offense, and we are worse at it than a year ago.

-Focused all offseason on improving interior line play, and we are worse at it than a year ago.

-Stunted develpment of 2nd round pick Robert Woods

-Marquis Goodwin a 3rd round pick might as well be off the roster

-Mike Williams is not being utilized in the red zone, after he spent all training camp dominating DBs on fade routes.

-Conservative when he should be aggressive.

-Has not been able to establish a winning culture

-Hes ultra secretive to the media, and refuses to discuss injuries.

the guys out of tricks. His love for Hackett has cost him his dream job...which he probably wasnt qualified for in the first place. And to think that we could have had Chip Kelly.

The bills are stuck in the stone age, and by the time they figure out a winning formula our D line wont be nearly as good.....such a waste

Idk how guys like Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams deal with this mediocrity. Year after year.

Idk how I as a fan deal with this mediocrity. Year after year.

All I wanted was meaningful football in December, and once again, our season is over before thanksgiving.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

Marrone deserves to be fired. He is supposed to be an offensive minded head coach but after two years we still havent established an identity on offense.

-Talked about running super fast no huddle offense last year with EJ. Backfired

-Talked about a power running game this year with EJ as game manager. Backfired

-Keeping Urbik on the bench for half the season while Cyril Richardson was a turnstyle at guard.

-Never able to utilize Spiller to his skill set

-Sammy Watkins has back to back 30 yard games in the two most critical games of the season.

-Focused all offseason on improving red zone offense, and we are worse at it than a year ago.

-Focused all offseason on improving interior line play, and we are worse at it than a year ago.

-Stunted develpment of 2nd round pick Robert Woods

-Marquis Goodwin a 3rd round pick might as well be off the roster

-Mike Williams is not being utilized in the red zone, after he spent all training camp dominating DBs on fade routes.

-Conservative when he should be aggressive.

-Has not been able to establish a winning culture

-Hes ultra secretive to the media, and refuses to discuss injuries.

the guys out of tricks. His love for Hackett has cost him his dream job...which he probably wasnt qualified for in the first place. And to think that we could have had Chip Kelly.

The bills are stuck in the stone age, and by the time they figure out a winning formula our D line wont be nearly as good.....such a waste

Idk how guys like Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams deal with this mediocrity. Year after year.

Idk how I as a fan deal with this mediocrity. Year after year.

All I wanted was meaningful football in December, and once again, our season is over before thanksgiving.

I disagree. It's well established as boring, unimaginative, predictable, and cowardly.

In another thread I advocated for Jon Gruden so we could have some offensive firepower while we have a few talented players on that side of the ball. The more I think about it I would like to amend that suggestion with Josh McDaniels. The guy is young and innovative, has worked with Orton before and has been mentored by arguably the greatest coach of all time. Furthermore who else knows Belichick, Brady and the Patriots better than him?!

Marrone might be the worst coach of all of our terrible coaches. I think he has some maturity issues. They show him on the sideline and the guy is moping. No wonder we have no energy. I expected nothing more than what we got yesterday. The whole Mike Williams thing is strange. I am starting to think that he has some personal vendetta against him for whatever he did in college to get on marrone's bad side. It seems like he traded for him just to sit his ass on the bench. How can a guy who has been so productive in his career not be good enough to step on the field in this pathetic offense?

I know it's so difficult being a Buffalo Bills fan since 1972.I sit back today and I think what can I do? It's not like I can just say all of a sudden hey I'm going to be a Browns fan or I'm going to be a Raiders fan or I'm going to be a Dolphins fan I can't I'm a Buffalo Bills fan and I'll always be a Buffalo Bills fan, so like many of you I'm stuck rooting for a team that seems hopeless year after year they tease us they get is interested they get his thinking hey we might make it this year and then sure enough on cue they fall flat on their face every stinking year and it gets so disheartening it gets so tiring.I guess my only hope now is that the Pegula family will bring in a winner of a head coach get rid of Doug Marrone and the offensive coordinator as soon as possible and hopefully I'll cut down to drinking 3 beers a game instead of 6 to get through a game in which the Bills are playing. God help us all Bills fans and bills nation.

Edited by seq004

Coming off the BYE, Buffalo Bills QB Kyle Orton could only lead the Bills to 13 points in a HOME game loss. Four days later Orton led the Bills to only 9 points and no touchdowns in a away game.

It's not Morrone or any other coaches. It's the simple fact that the Buffalo Bills do not have a quarterback for this team.

If Pegula fires Morrone, whom does he hire to replace him with?

Or as many coaches and players have stated the offense is very predictable. If you're putting up 13 points at home and 9 on the road it is poor coaching and poor execution.. This offense sucks under EJ and it sucks under Orton therefore it sucks under hackett and sucks under Marrone... Period!

Through 26 games:

Marrone: 11-15

Gailey: 9-17

Jauron: 12-14

I'm not entirely sure where this hyperbolic language about Marrone being the worst we've had in a while is coming from. He's not.

IMO, Marrone has more talent to work with so it's not entirely about the W-L record. The outdated and conservative mindset along with the stubborn misuse of available personnel certainly puts him in the running for the worst.

Through 26 games:

Marrone: 11-15

Gailey: 9-17

Jauron: 12-14

I'm not entirely sure where this hyperbolic language about Marrone being the worst we've had in a while is coming from. He's not.

You're right. They are all losers. Welcome to the loser club, Marrone.

IMO, Marrone has more talent to work with so it's not entirely about the W-L record. The outdated and conservative mindset along with the stubborn misuse of available personnel certainly puts him in the running for the worst.

This charge of being "outdated" not sure what it's based on. As for "conservative," what do you consider "conservative?" This notion of "playing to keep things close at the end" is preposterous. It assumes that the offense's primary objective...isn't...to score? It's an entirely cooked-up critique that frankly makes no sense.

But back to "conservative" in the traditional sense. Would you call a 89:41 Pass to run ratio over the last two games "conservative?" I'm confused. The decision to punt with 9 mins to go last night was HORRIBLE. But one stupid call does not a conservative coach make. Sorry.

But back to "conservative" in the traditional sense. Would you call a 89:41 Pass to run ratio over the last two games "conservative?" I'm confused. The decision to punt with 9 mins to go last night was HORRIBLE. But one stupid call does not a conservative coach make. Sorry.

I agree with this. He's being called conservative way too much for his go-to criticism. I hope we don't go down remembering him as this ultra-conservative coach - but likely we'll just slowly forget about him and confuse most of these games as being part of the Marrone, Gailey, Jauron trilogy.

This charge of being "outdated" not sure what it's based on. As for "conservative," what do you consider "conservative?" This notion of "playing to keep things close at the end" is preposterous. It assumes that the offense's primary objective...isn't...to score? It's an entirely cooked-up critique that frankly makes no sense.

His in game decisions with regard to 4th down strategy is primarily what I'm talking about with regard to being outdated and conservative as evidenced by last week vs. KC and last night. Have some guts and be aggressive. Additionally, the run/possess the ball to win close, low scoring games philosophy is outdated when it comes to competing with upper echelon teams like NE, DEN, and GB who score TDs and compete for championships. His team's RZ offense has been an abject failure during his tenure as Bills' HC. Marrone is a relic who must go.