adrian peterson

tombstone56

I don't really think he'll become a free agent. Most likely the Vikes trade him for something and remove that huge contract off the books.

In saying that however:

For a reasonable price, maybe. But one would have to assume that while he won't be getting the same kind of contract, he'll at least command Gore - Foster type money ($6.5m - $8.5m).

So no. No thank you.

I'd love to have him but there are greater needs that could be addressed with the money it would take to get him. Great question though.

almost surely. but short term - would, say, a starting guard do more for our offense or would AP?

im not sure the answer. he does have a knack for making offensive lines look good. in 2015, if we can keep hughes, we would have pretty much the whole defense together - some good outside threats, a competent but not great qb in orton and if he could make the run game start churning and take some pressure off the line.... i could see it having a good return on investment.

long term, the dude is turning 30 this offseason and has a lot of mileage. id be shocked if he lasts more than a year or two and then a contract could become an anchor.

In 1980 maybe. Not today.

Now adays an incredible 2 down back just isn't going to push the team over the top. In some ways ap isn't extremely different than spiller. Unquestionably Different running styles but the lack of versatility on third down or other passing situations is a common thread.

Throw in age and mileage on top.... Anyone how pays a kings random for him will likely end up wishing they didn't.

This is Adrian Peterson were talking about. He hasn't slowed down at all, some of this is crazy talk.

If you don't like the guy for his off the field stuff, cool; but to say you don't want him because he's to old?! That's crazy talk. Have you seen him play?!

If its reasonable go get him.