Bills at 9-6 headed to New England???

BmarvB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other BILLievers left among us??

No. Their offense is an abomination. Tough to win when 17 points is an outpouring. They don't throw the ball consistently and they are below poor running it. Their play calling and execution are so sub par, especially in the red zone, that I see little hope of this team making a run unless their defense plays lights out (and avoids getting discouraged by how poor their offense is). They can afford ZERO off games on defense in their "winnable" games. Even then, as Kansas City showed, it was still not enough. It won't get any more favorable than home, after a bye, against a conference opponent with a limited offense like KC. I see no light at the end of the tunnel but the train of 15 years of no playoffs.

I've been assuming 10 wins will be needed to get a WC berth, but it seems like all our competition has to play each other. Unless exactly two other teams run the table, 9-7 gets us tied up. Then the tie breakers come in, which looks bad for us now but who knows how all those other games will go. 9-7 could be enough, which almost absolutely requires beating Miami, NJJ, Cleveland, and Oakland. And really if you can't beat those four, go home, because you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

What if they trade the "win" they were supposed to get vs KC for a win vs Green Bay?

They all count the same but that would be a really nice win and a nice sweep of the NFC North

Well, then let's trade the other 4 losses for future wins and call it 9-0...

I don't know about you all, but I'm seeing a team that is gradually getting better throughout this season. The Bills just beat up KS(yes, I know they lost). With a win, they would have won the last 4 out of 5 games. That's a pretty damn good run. The defense has been on a serious tear. The offense aside from this latest issue in the red zone has been pretty efficient. The run game took a big step forward with some very impressive blocking up front. The OL held a KS team with one of the NFLs best pass rushes to just 1 sack.

I see a bunch of people ready to hang it up, now. Pft!!! This is the team that nobody wants to play right now and they are only getting better. I say bring on the next opponent and that includes Denver and Green Bay. Miami is going to get spanked. That means we can go into a NE game 4-1 in the division with a chance to go 5-1. Also, 6 of our next 7 opponents are all AFC. That gives us an opportunity to rack up some conference wins too.

There is a lot of football left to play, but a lot of people are acting like the Bills need a lot of help to get to the playoffs. I say the Bills are pretty munch in control of their own destiny still.

I don't know about you, but I still think they have a legitimate shot at going to New England at 9-6. They just have to win the games they're supposed to win (scary), and at least be competitive vs Denver (L) and Green Bay (I actually think they have a shot at an upset here). If they lose to Miami or Cleveland, they're done! It'll be another losing season.

i thought they were5 and 4 and headed nowhere

[slowly raises hand]

lol

I don't know about you, but I still think they have a legitimate shot at going to New England at 9-6. They just have to win the games they're supposed to win (scary), and at least be competitive vs Denver (L) and Green Bay (I actually think they have a shot at an upset here). If they lose to Miami or Cleveland, they're done! It'll be another losing season.

If the Bills don't finish with a record of 11-5 I will be shocked. The defense is the best in the league and our offense will begin to become dominant starting tomorrow against the fish.