Expections to high?

PO'14

The odds of the wild card coming out of the AFC North or West are so high, Ricky Williams was jealous. So unless the Pats lose out, it really doesn't seem likely to matter as far as the playoffs are concerned. I say start Orton until we lose then give EJ the rest of the season to try and salvage a career.

When we are 9 games into the season and realize that the offense has cost us 2.5 games, Houston, KC, and SD (this was a loss anyways I think but the D was good enough so .5) it is a problem. It isn't a system failure by the team, just one aspect.

On the flip side the defense won us 3 (Chicago, Miami, NYJ). The team is being carried by basically 11 players on an entire roster. Without this defense, even an average one, we are a 4 win team tops. The other 2 wins I will say we were serviceable on both sides of the ball, while the D still outplayed the O.

So no expectations aren't too high when all we are asking for is an average offensive production.

The Bills are AVERAGE, not good. Our standards as fans should always be HIGH, we should expect our team to be competitive and make the playoffs on a regular basis. 15 years without the playoffs is an embarrassment as a franchise. I think too many Bills fans have come to accept this as "okay". It's NOT!

So it's not ok. What then?

And, well, why exactly should my standard as a fan be high? I don't have any power over the team.

To counter that, this is probably the most talented team we will have in 3-4 years.

Players likely not on our roster next year:

CJ Spiller

Brandon Spikes

Mike Williams

Jerry Hughes or Marcel Dareus

The time is now. If we can just get in, I see us making a run like the Giants did in 07.

Go Bills

To counter that, this is probably the most talented team we will have in 3-4 years.

CJ Spiller

Brandon Spikes

Mike Williams

The time is now. If we can just get in, I see us making a run like the Giants did in 07.

Go Bills

Fully agree with that statement! SAD ISNT IT?

CJ Spiller

Brandon Spikes

Mike Williams

Go Bills

I am not sure of all the specifics of the salary cap are, but keep in mind, the Bills new owner is not going to put the same restraints on salaries that Mr Wilson might have. I don't mean this as a "Ralph was cheap" comment, because we know he shelled out bucks for players (deserved or not) on numerous occaisions. But I don't think the Bills management (whoever it is) will have to be quite as concerned as those in the past have been.

If the GM feels they really need to sign two or three of these guys, or all of them, they will find a way to make it work, provided the player wants to be there. I don't mean to say that Pegula will just make it rain for anyone who is a FA, but I just don't think money is going to be the reason they lose anyone. For instance (again, not a knock on Ralph Wilson), but I would bet (cuz there is no way to prove it! :lol: ), if Peugla had been the owner a year ago, Jarius Byrd would be listed on our IR list, rather than that of the New Orleans Saints.

I think that they will re-sign Dareus and Hughes... the rest, I think, depend on who the coach and GM are. If Marrone is back, I don't think the effort would be made to bring back Spiller or Williams...Spikes is the one that confuses me the most. I have to say, I have been pretty underwhelmed by him at times (impressed at others), but it seems like the Bills are starting to develop some pretty decent LB depth. Spikes might be expendable...and he might want too much for what he offers them.

CJ Spiller

Brandon Spikes

Mike Williams

Go Bills

The team picked up the 2015 option on Dareus didnt they?

I was thinking about the game this week and it dawned on me that maybe the Bills are just not that good at this point in the season.

Let me explain:

-Our Offensive line is having a bad year with 1 above average player ( Glenn ) and a rookie who seems to be doing well for his first season.

-Our 2 Running backs are injured and have been replaced by 2 career backups. One being called Boobie.

-Our main target Watkins has been hampered by injuries all year long.

-Woods is having a down year, Mike Williams hasnt panned out and Glash Goodwin is Fragile

-Some plays have been called to a Tight called Lee Smith and Gragg doesnt seem to be much better.

-The team is being led by an above average career backup who physically looks retro from the late 70's early 80's. ( cue in Napoleon Dynamite jokes )

X-FACTORS:

-Special teams have been a huge upgrade from last year. However, when your punt returner fumbles a ball that leads to a TD one can see why this team is struggling to win the big games.

In conclusion,

-Although the Defense is playing lights out, I feel that most Bills fans ( including myself ) have been suckered into thinking that the Bills are good.

-Its time to keep expectations low until we get a real QB. Seems like the Bills will finish in the middle tier of the draft ( again ) and we dont even have a pick!

GO BILLS! SQUISH THE FISH!

Praise Jesus! He gets it!

We've had three 6-10 seasons in a row. If the team comes out at 9-7, playoffs or no, it's going to be hard to dismiss Marrone and his staff, including the OC. 8-8 puts everyone at risk. If Accorsi comes in and feels like Pegula should clean house, it'll probably happen.

CJ Spiller

Brandon Spikes

Mike Williams

Go Bills

Dareus will be here as he is will be in the final year of his contract. I think Spiller will walk if Brown shows he can be a part time RB. Spikes appears to be the odd man out with way Bradham and Preston Brown have played but maybe we can convince him to stay on for Kiko insurance and maybe let us let Bradham walk in 2016. Mike Williams is as good as gone but I hope we find a veteran to replace him. Hughes will be lured to go elsewhere and be tough to sign but if we give him market value I think he'd stay.

Edited by The Jokeman

I might agree that we aren't that good if Kansas City had outplayed us. But this was a game that we had won and we choked away. If we don't choke it away, we're 6-3 with the best record in the AFC amongst non-division leaders (basically the top wild card team). That tells me we are good enough to be 6-3 but we blew our shot at that record.

I might agree that we aren't that good if Kansas City had outplayed us. But this was a game that we had won and we choked away. If we don't choke it away, we're 6-3 with the best record in the AFC amongst non-division leaders (basically the top wild card team). That tells me we are good enough to be 6-3 but we blew our shot at that record.

If Ifs and Buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Just Win baby!