Expections to high?

PO'14

I was thinking about the game this week and it dawned on me that maybe the Bills are just not that good at this point in the season.

Let me explain:

-Our Offensive line is having a bad year with 1 above average player ( Glenn ) and a rookie who seems to be doing well for his first season.

-Our 2 Running backs are injured and have been replaced by 2 career backups. One being called Boobie.

-Our main target Watkins has been hampered by injuries all year long.

-Woods is having a down year, Mike Williams hasnt panned out and Glash Goodwin is Fragile

-Some plays have been called to a Tight called Lee Smith and Gragg doesnt seem to be much better.

-The team is being led by an above average career backup who physically looks retro from the late 70's early 80's. ( cue in Napoleon Dynamite jokes )

X-FACTORS:

-Special teams have been a huge upgrade from last year. However, when your punt returner fumbles a ball that leads to a TD one can see why this team is struggling to win the big games.

In conclusion,

-Although the Defense is playing lights out, I feel that most Bills fans ( including myself ) have been suckered into thinking that the Bills are good.

-Its time to keep expectations low until we get a real QB. Seems like the Bills will finish in the middle tier of the draft ( again ) and we dont even have a pick!

GO BILLS! SQUISH THE FISH!

Edited by PO'14

The Bills are AVERAGE, not good. Our standards as fans should always be HIGH, we should expect our team to be competitive and make the playoffs on a regular basis. 15 years without the playoffs is an embarrassment as a franchise. I think too many Bills fans have come to accept this as "okay". It's NOT!

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

I would have liked to have seen a team that plays tough, is a tough win in Buffalo, makes good teams game plan beyond 'hang around until the Bills shoot themselves in the foot', and has a plan for overtaking the Patri*ts beyond 'wait for Brady to hang 'em up.'

Those are the subjective qualities I wanted to see in my team this year. And I could accept not making the playoffs, if we were putting things in place. Not sure that we are.

kj

The Bills are AVERAGE, not good. Our standards as fans should always be HIGH, we should expect our team to be competitive and make the playoffs on a regular basis. 15 years without the playoffs is an embarrassment as a franchise. I think too many Bills fans have come to accept this as "okay". It's NOT!

I don't think Pegula dropped 1.4B+ on this team to see them go .500 or less.

When does Ernie Accorsi start again?

I don't think Pegula dropped 1.4B+ on this team to see them go .500 or less.

Pegula bought the Bills the keep them in Buffalo. The Sabres under his ownership so far could only dream of getting to .500. This season so far it seems to be the impossible dream. And hockey has been his sport of choice.

The Bills are what they were from the beginning of the season. A roughly 8-8 mediocre, average team. Very good defense, pretty bad offense.

Those were my expectations going in.

I wish the Sabres were mediocre.

This is why the adage that defense wins Champions rings true because if you have an above aerage defense, like we do, you're in every game and as long as your offense takes care of things you should win most weeks. Yet sadly this week our offense struggled in the redzone and the ST cost us with Leodis' fumble. Hopefully we can keep this defense intact next year (see re-sign Hughes and Spikes) and the ST doesn't fall apart and add some key contributors (to me we need a starting TE and love to see Pegula throw mad money at Jordan Cameron and maybe add a starting OG and things could turn around with Orton at QB.

yes, but every team has injuries, every team has a unit that struggle, and not every team has Manning, Drew B., Luck, brady, Rodgers, or Rivers at Qb. In fact I think it been a while since any of those guys have won a superbowl. I thinks it just carelessness by the players and coaching staff. (notice I didn't Cap. brady's name)