Jimmy Johnson "Buffalo sloppy with the ball"

rcatty

Funny how things don't seem to change. That was Jimmy Johnson discussing the Bills in one of their Super Bowl appearances. How embarrassing to be called out in a critique of a fundamental aspect of your organization. The sad thing is, we have seen this all too often with Marrone's teams. Last year it was Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler. Now it's McKelvin and Brown. At some point in time you, as coach, have to wake up and teach and practice ball security. I shudder to think what a real coach; i.e Lombardi, Paul Brown, Lou Saban, would say about Marrone and his clueless understanding of fundamentals. I guess they don't have those issues with .500 teams at Syracuse?

I am not a Morrone fan, but do you honestly believe they don't practice ball security? That's a reach my man...

I don't know what they coach on a daily basis but what I do know is that this same stuff keeps happening to the Bills year after year while teams like the Pats rarely have it happen to them. Year after year guys on our team choke while guys on that team come up big in big spots. Is it luck?

I know a guy who took those pills and now he and his wife sit in matching bath tubs at sunset almost every night and hold hands. I don't really see the connection but they seem happy.

that guy has probably reached the age where giving up isn't who he is. it's the age of knowing how to make things happen. and there's no room to let erectile dysfunction get in the way. time to gas and lube the old mustang and hit up the free love freeway.

Leodis will always gamble on ball security for a chance at the endzone. That's just him--nothing will ever change that. It's the coach that signed off on him being on the field --that's the discussion.

You know, I love Leodis in a football sense but I really do hope he's returned his last punt as a Bill.

I am not a Morrone fan, but do you honestly believe they don't practice ball security? That's a reach my man...

There's a difference between practicing and holding guys accountable (i.e., putting them on the bench). And when you don't hold guys accountable, you get this:

we are tied for the most fumbles per game in 2014, and had dead last to ourselves last year.

The PCT's say it all, a failed organization!

"A quarterback's greatest asset is leadership." -- Roger Staubach

Bills Coaches since Wade:

Doug Marrone .458 Gregg Williams .354

Mike Mularkey .438 Chan Gailey .333

Dick Jauron .421

Jimmy Johnson and Janis Joplin graduated the same year from Thomas Jefferson High School in Beaumont, TX .....not relevant -- but still interesting...

Jimmy uses a lot of hair gel -- perhaps that would help with ball security.

Edited by Formerly Joe F

Funny how things don't seem to change. That was Jimmy Johnson discussing the Bills in one of their Super Bowl appearances. How embarrassing to be called out in a critique of a fundamental aspect of your organization. The sad thing is, we have seen this all too often with Marrone's teams. Last year it was Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler. Now it's McKelvin and Brown. At some point in time you, as coach, have to wake up and teach and practice ball security. I shudder to think what a real coach; i.e Lombardi, Paul Brown, Lou Saban, would say about Marrone and his clueless understanding of fundamentals. I guess they don't have those issues with .500 teams at Syracuse?

How do you know they haven't worked on it?

I can promise you that Marrone, a guy who has spent every fall since he was a kid on a football field, knows a little something about fundamentals.

I do agree that Lombardi, Brown, and Saban would shake their heads at this year's Bills - just as they would with 31 other NFL teams. That's because the CBA limits camp so much they can't spend a lot of time on fundamentals.

But if you know fundamentals as a fan, shouldn't a player who is being paid be expected to have picked them up somewhere in, I dunno... High school? College? Pop Warner?