Thursday decides whether or not this is "same old Bills"...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GB is a very winnable game. Buffalo and Detroit are very similar teams defensively, and the pack struggle against the lions. They are not the same team on the road.

My optimism may come crashing down after tomorrow, but the bills are a very talented team, and IF they can manage to win the next 3 and boost their confidence, they will have a good shot at 10 wins.

Out of the three that's the game I would have picked too. But that would leave the Bills with a 6-6 conference record (4-2 division, 4-0 with the NFC North) and likely at a disadvantage with any tie breakers.

Dare I say the Bills best chance of getting to the playoffs might be going into NE tied with an 11-5 record or a game back. A Bills win in week 17 would give them the AFCE title based on a 1-1 split with the Pats and a 5-1 division record. For that to happen NE would need to lose 2/3 of these games. Maybe one at this point but I'm not sure I would go so far as to predict 2. That would imply an unexpected flop by the usual division champs. No doubt a a longshot at this point but If NE loses to the Colts and the Bills win tomorow night we might want to take another look. First the Bills need to take care of business tomorrow night and lately they seem to have the Dolphins 'number'.

unday night)

Lions home

at Packers

at Chargers (Sunday night)

Dolphins home

at Jets

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

How can anyone say the Bills losing to the Pats proves it's the same old Bills? Lots of good teams lose to the Pats. Look at the Broncos.

I agree that lots of teams lose to the Patri*ts (where's your asterisk, btw?) But we have been staring up at them for forever, and that game looked like a rerun of so many games in the series. We did not do enough to make it a competitive game. We remain Brady's Washington Generals, a nice warm up for the real games, an opportunity to pad the stats. Until we can hang with them, we are the same old Bills.

kj

How can anyone say the Bills losing to the Pats proves it's the same old Bills? Lots of good teams lose to the Pats. Look at the Broncos.

Losing to the Chiefs in the typical Same Old Bills fashion of self inflicted wounds and incompetent play calling proves it is the Same old Bills. Case closed.

People can be in denial if they choose but you will need to work your through to acceptance in your own time.

I have a lot of experience in accepting the Same Old Bills so I'm already there. Don't worry you'll get there too.

Losing to the Chiefs in the typical Same Old Bills fashion of self inflicted wounds and incompetent play calling proves it is the Same old Bills. Case closed.

People can be in denial if they choose but you will need to work your through to acceptance in your own time.

I have a lot of experience in accepting the Same Old Bills so I'm already there. Don't worry you'll get there too.

Pretty much

I think the NE game decided that, yep, these are the "same old Bills." For anyone who thought otherwise, there was KC on Sunday.

Not to mention the Houston game. They have already proved to be the "same old Bills". The final straw was the KC game on Sunday. Absolutely gave it away. How many times have we seen that over the years. This team has not shown that they are any different in terms of winning games that they need to win. They will lose on Thursday night and it will go downhill from there. Sunday assured us of that.

Why is everyone assuming we'll beat the Browns?

It's very likely we lose to the Dolphins, Browns, Broncos, Packers, and Patriots coming up... 7-9 is more likely than 10-6, to me.

That being said, I still think this team is better than last year's team. We just have no offense, and a defense that shrinks with the game on the line.

I was bemoaning the Chiefs game as "the same ol' Bills" by the way they lost. But that said, the SOB goes into NY two weeks ago and gets lit up by the Jets and Geno Smith. The SOB goes on a great drive at the end of the Vikings game which is one they should win and blows it in the endzone. The SOB misses three field goals at the end of the Lions game not makes one and loses that game. The SOB surprises everybody in the first game of the season on the road against Chicago but doesn't pull it out at the end.

These are not necessarily the SOB. Tomorow's game will add another element to the argument but likely will not decide it.

I think the Bills and Dolphins are in the exact same desperate place Thursday. And history has usually shown both teams to lose during times of desperation/adversity. If the Dolphins lose, it's SOD, bills lose, SOB. One of these two teams is going to turn a corner with a win Thursday.

Dolphins have the home field advantage, and the (slightly) better QB. Bills have the advantage where it counts most, in the trenches.

Just curious, from your perspective what has been the best way to counteract the bills D line so far this season? Who has done it the best? I presume the Dolphins are going to give you guys a lot of 2 TE looks to help out Dallas Thomas. I am going to upset if we call a gameplan that calls for 5 step drops. Last week for some absurd reason Tannehill was given a bunch of 5 and 7 step drops, and of course he couldn't even make a read before Suh or Ansah reached him.

If we fall flat on Thursday then I'm there with you. This is a character game, going into their house to play then when their season is also on the line. This is two teams wanting to prove something. Could not be more excited about this game. The Dolphins fought hard against the Lions last week, they are going to come out swinging.

Actually, Thursday will decide if " it's the same ol Bills fans"

A loss will NOT mean the end of the season. It won't look good.........but it still not the end.

Some of you guys need " Medical Marijuana after a loss " :w00t:

Right, because this team hasn't sucked for the last 14 years?

If we fall flat on Thursday then I'm there with you. This is a character game, going into their house to play then when their season is also on the line. This is two teams wanting to prove something. Could not be more excited about this game. The Dolphins fought hard against the Lions last week, they are going to come out swinging.

I agree, should be a great game. Will also more than anything show if the Bills have the "same old" coaches. Not playing M. Williams in the redzone is terrible. Sitting him for special teams players, also terrible. If your going to throw it into the endzone 4 times, you need M. Williams and Watkins.

Why is everyone assuming we'll beat the Browns?

It's very likely we lose to the Dolphins, Browns, Broncos, Packers, and Patriots coming up... 7-9 is more likely than 10-6, to me.

That being said, I still think this team is better than last year's team. We just have no offense, and a defense that shrinks with the game on the line.

I can't tell if the D shrinks with the game on the line, or they are gassed by the 4th quarter from bailing out the offense the entire game. And our offense has no reason to stink with the talent it has, other than coaching. I'm with you though. 7-9 is more likely than 10-6. We have the talent for 10-6, but we need to execute.

Not to mention the Houston game. They have already proved to be the "same old Bills". The final straw was the KC game on Sunday. Absolutely gave it away. How many times have we seen that over the years. This team has not shown that they are any different in terms of winning games that they need to win. They will lose on Thursday night and it will go downhill from there. Sunday assured us of that.

I'm beginning to think the best way for the Bills to win games is to get behind early, that way they cannot give the game away, they can only come back and win it like against Minn. :flirt:

Out of the three that's the game I would have picked too. But that would leave the Bills with a 6-6 conference record (4-2 division, 4-0 with the NFC North) and likely at a disadvantage with any tie breakers.

Dare I say the Bills best chance of getting to the playoffs might be going into NE tied with an 11-5 record or a game back. A Bills win in week 17 would give them the AFCE title based on a 1-1 split with the Pats and a 5-1 division record. For that to happen NE would need to lose 2/3 of these games. Maybe one at this point but I'm not sure I would go so far as to predict 2. That would imply an unexpected flop by the usual division champs. No doubt a a longshot at this point but If NE loses to the Colts and the Bills win tomorow night we might want to take another look. First the Bills need to take care of business tomorrow night and lately they seem to have the Dolphins 'number'.

unday night)

Lions home

at Packers

at Chargers (Sunday night)

Dolphins home

at Jets

IF the Bills can win the next 3 AND go 2-2 in the final quarter, they make 10-6. 5 Wins= @Mia, NYJ, Clev, @Oak, GB

For the competition, I'll list games where they have a higher (than 50-50) chance of losing:

AFCW

KC 6-3: SEA, DEN, @AZ, @Pitt, SD. Lose 4 of 5. 9-7

SD 5-4: Pats, Den, @SF, @KC. Lose 3 of 4. 9-7

AFCN:

Clev 6-3: @Buf, Ind, @CAR, @Balt, Cin. Lose Ind, @Buf, and one of @Balt or Cin, so Pitt wins division and Bills win head-to-head.

Cinc 5-3-1: @NO, Pitt, @Clev, Den, @Pitt. Lose any 3 and they are 9-6-1.

Pitt 5-4: NO, @Cin, KC, Cin. Easiest schedule. Hope they win division (Bills have the head-to-head over Clev). Pitt needs to beat Cin twice in case Clev and Pitt are 10-6.

Balt 5-4: @NO, SD, @Mia, Clev. Lose 3 and they are 9-7.

Scenarios:

1. It's all moot if Bills don't take care of business.

2. If KC only loses 3 more games, then Pitt needs to win AFCN so Bills have tie breaker with Clev. I don't see SD doing better than 9-7.

3. If KC loses 4 more games, then most likely Pitt and Clev get in as Div winner and WC, with Bills as the other WC.

It would've been a hell of a lot easier had the Bills beat KC, but I believe they still have a pretty decent shot with #2 be most likely.

Completely agree. My expectation is the Bills character is to quit on their coach. I expect a no show by the players on Thursday.

Almost every game has been a blowout on Thursday night. In this case they will be the (is it better to be the blower or the blowee?) whichever one means they get smashed.

IF the Bills can win the next 3 AND go 2-2 in the final quarter, they make 10-6. 5 Wins= @Mia, NYJ, Clev, @Oak, GB

For the competition, I'll list games where they have a higher (than 50-50) chance of losing:

AFCW

KC 6-3: SEA, DEN, @AZ, @Pitt, SD. Lose 4 of 5. 9-7

SD 5-4: Pats, Den, @SF, @KC. Lose 3 of 4. 9-7

AFCN:

Clev 6-3: @Buf, Ind, @CAR, @Balt, Cin. Lose Ind, @Buf, and one of @Balt or Cin, so Pitt wins division and Bills win head-to-head.

Cinc 5-3-1: @NO, Pitt, @Clev, Den, @Pitt. Lose any 3 and they are 9-6-1.

Pitt 5-4: NO, @Cin, KC, Cin. Easiest schedule. Hope they win division (Bills have the head-to-head over Clev). Pitt needs to beat Cin twice in case Clev and Pitt are 10-6.

Balt 5-4: @NO, SD, @Mia, Clev. Lose 3 and they are 9-7.

Scenarios:

1. It's all moot if Bills don't take care of business.

2. If KC only loses 3 more games, then Pitt needs to win AFCN so Bills have tie breaker with Clev. I don't see SD doing better than 9-7.

3. If KC loses 4 more games, then most likely Pitt and Clev get in as Div winner and WC, with Bills as the other WC.

It would've been a hell of a lot easier had the Bills beat KC, but I believe they still have a pretty decent shot with #2 be most likely.

Excellent work TPS.

This is really good information.

Maybe thread worthy?

Edited by Why So Serious?

The NE game was 8,000,001 times more important to us than it was for Denver and it was home? And Denver is the only good team, not lots.

Edited by BuffOrange

While Sunday's game (as well as Houston) were Same Ole Find New Ways to Lose Bills losses, I'm not convinced we are the Same Ole Find New Ways to Lose Bills. All teams lose some games like this. Sunday the Saints lost because franchise QB Blue Drees fumbled in OT. The reason I'm not so sure you may ask?

In 2011 - 2012 the Bills were 5-9 (.357) in games decided by a TD or less. In 2014, we're 3-2 (.600).

The jury's still out IMHO.