TBD after a loss

PromoTheRobot

man, it's ok to be upset about a loss, but go home, hug your wife, spend time with your kids, family etc, watch something non football related. I consider myself a huge fan and always have been, but at the end of the day it's a sunday I get to spend at the Ralph with my wife and 70,000 fellow die hard fans. But when we go home, it's time to relax, decompress, and enjoy life. For all of us at the end of the day it's still just a game. It's not the end of the world, be upset for a bit and move on.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You liked some of what you saw? I saw this: LOSS that should have been a win. You may not have called it a moral victory, but you're essentially saying it without saying it. As for Steelers fans, they can be happy that they have one more win than the Bills, AND the tiebreaker in the playoff hunt. They can actually make the playoffs with a 9-7 record. Buffalo cannot.

While I'm talking to the Steelers and Niner fans, we can discuss what it's like to never win a superbowl, and to miss the playoffs for 14 straight years. Because they can surely relate...right? :wallbash:

Sure, if that's how you choose to view it.

What a circus. Multiple threads calling for everyone's head. Arguing stats that predicted failure. Gnashing of teeth and wails of agony. It's downright comical.

I know venting at TBD is cheaper than therapy and probably a better alternative than going postal, but get a grip and some perspective. Half the teams in the NFL lose each week.

I saw a lot to be pleased with yesterday from the O-line and run game. We had this game won but for two errors.

Teams mess up. We messed up. Shake it off and do better next time. Talk to Steelers fans about losing to the Jets or Bears fans about their teams embarrassment on national TV or Niners fans about Kaep's goal line fumble.

It's a long season with half yet to play out. No one cares if you "knew" we were gonna lose or if a player was gonna suck. No one hands out gold stars for that.

I like your perspective, but this is a franchise that has not made the playoffs since 1999. Mostly due to terrible coaching and horrid talent during that time. This year we have legit talent on both sides of the ball, and we still can't win. I have no problem with people venting after a loss. It happens all over the league, I think Bills fans have more of an excuse to vent than others. It's not like this team just went to the SB and we are freaking out at 5-4.

man, it's ok to be upset about a loss, but go home, hug your wife, spend time with your kids, family etc, watch something non football related. I consider myself a huge fan and always have been, but at the end of the day it's a sunday I get to spend at the Ralph with my wife and 70,000 fellow die hard fans. But when we go home, it's time to relax, decompress, and enjoy life. For all of us at the end of the day it's still just a game. It's not the end of the world, be upset for a bit and move on.

You have the proper prespective. But, clearly you also visit TBD. I think some of the people on here confuse some people's posts as "anger, " when in reality they are analyzing how this team could be better. I'm over it, but looking forward and what has happened this season, Hackett is a huge problem. That's the one consistent problem week in and out on this team (even when we win.) Am I angry, irrationally calling for someone's head. Nope. I think they should get rid of him even if they win-out. (then I get told to enjoy the win). There were positives in yesterdays game (Dearus comes to mind).

I like your perspective, but this is a franchise that has not made the playoffs since 1999. Mostly due to terrible coaching and horrid talent during that time. This year we have legit talent on both sides of the ball, and we still can't win. I have no problem with people venting after a loss. It happens all over the league, I think Bills fans have more of an excuse to vent than others. It's not like this team just went to the SB and we are freaking out at 5-4.

You have the proper prespective. But, clearly you also visit TBD. I think some of the people on here confuse some people's posts as "anger, " when in reality they are analyzing how this team could be better. I'm over it, but looking forward and what has happened this season, Hackett is a huge problem. That's the one consistent problem week in and out on this team (even when we win.) Am I angry, irrationally calling for someone's head. Nope. I think they should get rid of him even if they win-out. (then I get told to enjoy the win). There were positives in yesterdays game (Dearus comes to mind).

Oh I agree, he's been a monster. I think people here go a bit overboard calling for people to be fired after a loss, and some people let emotion get the best of them. Analysis is fine, but the doom and gloom it's the end of the world feelings seem quite excessive to me.

I'm not surprised since it's TBD, but really the reaction here has been downright stupid. We deserved to win but didn't. Boo hoo. That happens all the time in sports. Historically we seem to get more than our fair share of those, and that sucks. But it doesn't change anything. The only thing that a player or coach can ever do is try to increase the chances of winning. The chances of winning were very high yesterday, and that's all anyone can reasonably be expected to control.

"Fire everyone" is the appropriate reaction in maybe, Chicago right now.

Even in defeat, this is still a better team than what we've had in years. Yes, they still have to develop a killer instinct and win the games they're supposed to win (like this one), but they are still headed in the right direction. This is NOT a Super Bowl caliber yet, let's be realistic about that but there's still plenty to build on. They're still in the playoff hunt despite the fact that this loss didn't help. JUST BEAT MIAMI NOW!!!!

Never called this a moral victory. All I said was I liked some of what I saw. And I bet Steelers fans are comforting themselves after the Jets loss by remembering all those Super Bowl wins. ("Rothlesburger is playing like crap today but at least we won Super Bowls unlike the Bills" LOL!) Also not surprised by those who attack me. They hate me holding up the mirror to them. Enjoy wallowing in your mud pit, haters.

I'm not enjoying it, but I'm tired of this movie. The team shows guts and potential in the beginning of the season, but flip the calendar page to November and the self-destruction begins. Good teams know that they can come in to Buffalo and wait the Bills out: they'll hand the game over soon enough. Yeah, we moved the ball up and down the field but KC knew we have no red zone offense and they could bend with little fear of breaking. And the gap between us and the P*ts hasn't shrunk one bit, since forever. Second rate is second rate. And recognizing that there are a number of solid to spectacular players on the team doesn't change the fact that they lost another game that they should have won going away.

kj

TBD is always going to wildly overreact after every game. Note that I said "game" and not just "loss," because if Orton hits one of those passes at the end, the crazies would have been posting about Superbowl odds. It goes both ways.

Best course of action is just to wait until Monday before reading/posting.

What a circus. Multiple threads calling for everyone's head. Arguing stats that predicted failure. Gnashing of teeth and wails of agony. It's downright comical.

I know venting at TBD is cheaper than therapy and probably a better alternative than going postal, but get a grip and some perspective. Half the teams in the NFL lose each week.

I saw a lot to be pleased with yesterday from the O-line and run game. We had this game won but for two errors.

Teams mess up. We messed up. Shake it off and do better next time. Talk to Steelers fans about losing to the Jets or Bears fans about their teams embarrassment on national TV or Niners fans about Kaep's goal line fumble.

It's a long season with half yet to play out. No one cares if you "knew" we were gonna lose or if a player was gonna suck. No one hands out gold stars for that.

my feelings exactly.

Go out and earn it against Denver or the Pats. The Phins could be the game where they take some serious frustration out and if they want to make up for KC loss, go out and earn it. You want to be in the playoffs, go out and beat a team that probably won't need the win nearly as much as you do...plain and simple.

I think it's time Bills fans no longer chalk up automatic losses. They did A LOT of great things yesterday and should have won...but, they didn't.

Gotta win Thursday....

It is a long season, but it is a little over half way over. Two squandered chances (Houston, KC) give then little, if any, wiggle room down the stretch. But lets not give up hope just yet. As PTR points out, they have been doing some good things, and those assuming "its' over" are operating under the notion that every other team is going to win every game they should...it just doesn't happen like that...it never does. A bunch of the middling teams (like the Bills) will fade down the stretch, and 2 or 3 will play better down the stretch...a few of the perenials (Denver, New England, etc etc) will lose a game that nobody thinks they will lose..it is inevitable.

The team did play well this game in almost every facet. The O line played well with 48 passes by Orton and only one sack. The playcalling for most of the game was much improved and the Bills did move the ball very well between the twenties.

The one area they still stink in is the red zone, and just because Orton was able to pull off a 4th down, last second TD against the Vikings doesn't mean he can do it every game. A lot of fans are laying this loss on Orton because he didn't make that magical 4th, and ten first down at the KC 15 yard line after 4 straight throws.

13 points isn't going to win many games in the NFL and this team needs to fix that red zone offense asap or its another lost season.

EDIT: oh, and they also need to fix all the stupid penalties at the most inopportune times!

Edited by FeartheLosing

What drives me crazy is that I believe this team is built to have success in the post season. When the pressure is on and things get tight that is when the dominant d's especially with the dominant lines pay dividends... Just need to sneak in... Obviously yesterday's game was big...

What drives me crazy is that I believe this team is built to have success in the post season. When the pressure is on and things get tight that is when the dominant d's especially with the dominant lines pay dividends... Just need to sneak in... Obviously yesterday's game was big...

Sarcasm at its best! Success in Post season when 80% of their players have never been to the post season!