The QB sneak

Have I missed something here? Why do we never do a sneak? Is our O line that terrible? Do they not get a good push? Are our Qbs that fragile? When Tom "princess" Brady can do them so effectively (without damage) it seems kind of ridiculous that we would worry about QBs getting hurt. There were at least 3 or 4 instances in that game (ESP the false start play) when Orton should have snapped the ball quick and sneaked it. I cannot even remember when we last did a sneak in a regular season game! So what gives here?

Have I missed something here? Why do we never do a sneak? Is our O line that terrible? Do they not get a good push? Are our Qbs that fragile? When Tom "princess" Brady can do them so effectively (without damage) it seems kind of ridiculous that we would worry about QBs getting hurt. There were at least 3 or 4 instances in that game (ESP the false start play) when Orton should have snapped the ball quick and sneaked it. I cannot even remember when we last did a sneak in a regular season game! So what gives here?

Tom Brady is the best I've ever seen at that play, and as immobile as he is, he's still far more athletic than Orton.

because Orton is too slow on his feet.

Yes, the o-line is that terrible. Also, Kyle Orton is as athletic as a sloth.

+1

I think a good play would be to sneak the ball after giving the impression that we were trying to pull them offsides. First, make sure we had the time then run off about 5 to 10 seconds doing all the hard counts and motion stuff, let the defense relax a bit and sit back on their heels (which they do) and then run a quick QB sneak to whatever side of center looks best.

Yes, the o-line is that terrible. Also, Kyle Orton is as athletic as a sloth.

You don't need to be athletic to take a snap from center and fall forward. Jeez.

QB sneaks are about timing and direction. That's all. That's why they are nearly impossible to stop. You find the gap pre snap and the defense can't possibly react in time to stop the offense from gaining a a few feet.

Answer: our OC is a moron.

In case anyone had doubts, Fred Jackson confirmed earlier today that the plan was to try for the offsides and there was no play to run. I'd love to know whether the plan was to call a timeout or take the delay of game penalty. Both options are dumb.

Nonsense. Stop giving this terrible coach a pass on this.

You don't need to be athletic to take a snap from center and fall forward. Jeez.

QB sneaks are about timing and direction. That's all. That's why they are nearly impossible to stop. You find the gap pre snap and the defense can't possibly react in time to stop the offense from gaining a a few feet.

Go Check Tom Brady stats on 4th and 1 sneaks....

I doesn't help Orton's cause that the interior of the offensive line gets immediately pushed back 1-2 yards after the snap. What, is he supposed to dive off-tackle? Come on!

I doesn't help Orton's cause that the interior of the offensive line gets immediately pushed back 1-2 yards after the snap. What, is he supposed to dive off-tackle? Come on!

NO you identify the soft spot on the line pre-snap. Snap it and fall the 5 feet you need. Its not rocket surgery.