Why is Mckelvin returning punts???

rcatty

He was touted as a great returner when he was a first round pick. Wrong. He was awful then and worse now. He can't return squat. He has no speed, or moves. He will never be confused with Devin Hester.

His fumble as a boneheaded mistake obviously, but he somewhat atoned for it with a 25 yard return to set the Bills up late in the game. Unfortunately Orton, Hackett, and the Bills offense couldn't get it done from there.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

He is usually pretty good. Last year wasn't great for him and after a poor start this year where he was taking too many fair catches, he has had some great returns. The fumble today was costly, granted.

I am along with your thinking. I will take his return play any day. He is very shifty and can be electric when given a crease

Do you really have that short of a memory. He very deservingly went to the probowl as the punt returner just two years ago.

I remember when he had a giant dick spray painted on his lawn after costing us a prime time game in Foxboro with a late game kickoff return fumble.

Edited by mrwilson60

He is a great returner and should be back there. But he is prone to mental lapses.

Same was true with Roscoe. I remember that one Browns game where we lost and Derek Anderson had something like 17 yards passing-- we lost because Roscoe had a similar muffed punt, which led the GW FG.

He's a guy you have to coach a bit extra. Make sure he knows game situations and when to take risks vs be safe - when to dance and when to take one cut and go up field no matter what.

Why is he still on the team? Guy continues to be the most inconsistent player and when he's off, which is often, he's a liability. "He's prone to mental lapses" is an understatement! And his "guarantee" for Thursday is about right for this joker.

Why is he still on the team? Guy continues to be the most inconsistent player and when he's off, which is often, he's a liability. "He's prone to mental lapses" is an understatement! And his "guarantee" for Thursday is about right for this joker.

Bingo! I've been saying ALL of this for years, and it falls on deaf ears! And no, he ISN"T the best we have, Corey Graham is! And if he was "the best we have," that simply isn't good enough.