Orton Not the Answer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Who's the answer then? What's your plan?

It's very easy to state the obvious in that Orton isn't the second coming of Kurt Warner.

Not so easy to propose an actual viable alternative.

let it go already.

No, i know, its let go. Itll be fun to watch Orton flatfoot us to 8-8 for the next season and a half, while a guy with unkown potential sits on the bench thinkin about which team he wants to play for next.

Orton had nothing to do with this loss. Could he have hit Chandler in the end zone? Yes. That was probably his only clear miss. The pass to Woods had to be a freaking perfect pass b/c if it's even slightly underthrown it woul'dve been an INT. The pass to Watkins at the end of the game. Meh. Those throws are 50/50. Orton's only clear miss was with Chandler.

250yds and 1TD and 0 turnovers.

Look at Alex Smith - he did absolutely nothing yet they still won. Why? Their RB didn't fumble it through the end zone and their PR didn't fumble it in his own red zone causing a complete change of momentum.

A game like today is why 4 other teams have moved on from KO.

Lets not get carried away.

Sammy Watkins was clearly not playing at 100% so the only realy WR threat he was playing with today was Woods.

Did anyone expect a blowout today vs. the chiefs defense? If they did, they were foolish.

The game was won w/ Orton's contributions. The game was lost with Browns and McKelvin's blunders.

Did he come back this week? No. QB's don't have game winning drives every week. It happens.

Sammy Watkins was clearly not playing at 100% so the only realy WR threat he was playing with today was Woods.

Did anyone expect a blowout today vs. the chiefs defense? If they did, they were foolish.

The game was won w/ Orton's contributions. The game was lost with Browns and McKelvin's blunders.

Did he come back this week? No. QB's don't have game winning drives every week. It happens.

The game would have been won with the play of the defense and ST's. And while Brown cost them 7, it still doesn't negate the rest of the game where the offense put up 7 points after starting at midfield, 3 points on a long drive, and another 3 after a turnover within FG range. And this with an extra week and being at home.

Edited by Doc

Stop being so reasonable….it's time to burn QB1 and act as if we have un-mined GOLD on the bench with QB2.

Orton didn't play a great game, but it certainly wasn't a bad game.....not even close to bad for him......blaming this loss on him in any way is bad...just dumb...gimme a friggin break...

How about we blitz that piece of crap quarterback on the other team when it is 3rd and long......how about our guys don't cough up the ball near our own endzone....how about these friggin receivers learn to catch the ball.....

Hit easy throws for TDs in a clean pocket. That's simply not too much to ask and it's the reason why he's playing.

The game would have been won with the play of the defense and ST's. And while Brown cost them 7, it still doesn't negate the rest of the game where the offense put up 7 points after starting at midfield, 3 points on a long drive, and another 3 after a turnover within FG range. And this with an extra week and being at home.

I agree that we need to improve the red zone production. Your thoughts on how to do that? I feel that in our final drive in their red zone we simply threw too many times to get the TD in one play when we could've just run plays to slowly get the ball in there. I dunno. Sucks.

No, i know, its let go. Itll be fun to watch Orton flatfoot us to 8-8 for the next season and a half, while a guy with unknown known potential sits on the bench thinkin about which team he wants to play for next.

Fixed. There is nothing more the Bills need to learn about EJ Manuel.

Hit easy throws for TDs in a clean pocket. That's simply not too much to ask and it's the reason why he's playing.

Other than the Chandler miss, none of the other misses in the end zone were easy. (IMO). Does Aaron Rodgers make them? Probably. Does Alex Smith? Probably not. Orton didn't this week. He's not Aaron Rodgers.

Alex Smith "manages" the win is what KC will say and he looks awesome. Orton should've "managed" this win too if it weren't for critical mistakes by his teammates.

I agree that we need to improve the red zone production. Your thoughts on how to do that? I feel that in our final drive in their red zone we simply threw too many times to get the TD in one play when we could've just run plays to slowly get the ball in there. I dunno. Sucks.

Fire Hackett is a start.

Fixed. There is nothing more the Bills need to learn about EJ Manuel.

Give EJ another 8 years. I mean, have you seen Orton's first 14 games?

Other than the Chandler miss, none of the other misses in the end zone were easy. (IMO). Does Aaron Rodgers make them? Probably. Does Alex Smith? Probably not. Orton didn't this week. He's not Aaron Rodgers.

Alex Smith "manages" the win is what KC will say and he looks awesome. Orton should've "managed" this win too if it weren't for critical mistakes by his teammates.

Blah Blah Blah....Excuses! Make the bleeping throws!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Fire Hackett is a start.

Give EJ another 8 years. I mean, have you seen Orton's first 14 games?

LMAO. I've been down on Hackett since last year but I don't feel today was his worst showing. Orton had almost 50 attempts which I never would've guessed going into this game vs. that pass rush - and he was surprisingly well protected.

Beside the fumble, Brown also had that run where he came up 2-3 yards short on what I clearly thought was going to be an easy run into the end zone. We ended up kicking the FG there too. Nobody stepped up today on offense and it was clear that Sammy was not 100%.

1. The miss by Orton to Chandler in the end zone - that's -4 points.

2. Brown fumbling into end zone - that's -4 points.

McKelvin fumbling the PR was a game changer.

Orton had nothing to do with this loss. Could he have hit Chandler in the end zone? Yes. That was probably his only clear miss. The pass to Woods had to be a freaking perfect pass b/c if it's even slightly underthrown it woul'dve been an INT. The pass to Watkins at the end of the game. Meh. Those throws are 50/50. Orton's only clear miss was with Chandler.

250yds and 1TD and 0 turnovers.

Look at Alex Smith - he did absolutely nothing yet they still won. Why? Their RB didn't fumble it through the end zone and their PR didn't fumble it in his own red zone causing a complete change of momentum.

And he threw completions that kept drives alive. Dont leave out the important stuff

Blah Blah Blah....Excuses! Make the bleeping throws!

I hear ya man. But it's not going to happen every single week with Orton or any other QB not named Rodgers, Manning, Brady.

There will be plenty of teams in the playoffs this year who have QB's who have absolute crap games from their QB's. Today was not a crap day from Orton, so I'll save my ripping on Orton until he has one of those games. You know, those games like Cam Newton had last week vs. New Orleans or like Andy Dalton had this week vs. Cleveland. Or like Philip Rivers had vs. Miami last week. Those kind of games. This is not one of those.

The season is over. They are all but mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. And that will happen on Thursday.

get a hold of yourself man, it ain't over til it's over

Orton did not lose this game for us today…EJ fan club will have to wait for another time/place to try that one.

like when he starts for the jets.

The Pats are calling, they need a new scout and asked for you by name

Dead serious, what would you like to see the Bills do at the QB position from here on out? If you were able to make Doug Whaley do whatever you wanted for the rest of the year but only as it pertains to the QB, what would you do?

Dead serious, what would you like to see the Bills do at the QB position from here on out? If you were able to make Doug Whaley do whatever you wanted for the rest of the year but only as it pertains to the QB, what would you do?

Keep playing Orton until officially eliminated from playoff contention or switch if he started playing pathetic football....but I doubt he starts playing EJ style pathetic football....so you keep playing him until you are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Then you bring in Tuel as starter just to see if he really has what it takes to remain on the practice squad.....(sarcasm you friggin idiots)

Edited by PolishDave

Why is there a thread about orton after this game?

Who fumbled the game away?

Who missed a wide open Chandler by a mile in the end zone? Who then again missed another open WR in the end zone on 3rd down on another drive? Who also didn't see Hogan running by himself 40 yards down field and instead ran with his shoes made of concrete to fall short of the 1st and have to punt again? Who also threw a horrible 4th and game pass to Sammy (although, this was a HORRIBLE call by Marrone who with timeouts and a stiff D needs to take the 3 points and make it a one point game)?

Seriously, Orton has not been good most of the time he has been a Bill. He has a drive or two a game that has allowed him steal wins against Det and lowly Minny, but thats it. He is wildly inconsistent.

Is he the only reason we lost today? Absolutely not...but the OFFENSE is 100% the reason we lost this week, why we lost to NE, why we should have lost to Detroit and Minny and why we will lose against Green Bay, Denver, NE, etc on our remaining schedule. No playoffs for us unless this offense can get out of its own way...doesnt help its being coached by a complete moron in Hackett.

I said it over and over again, if the offense does not play better we will not make the playoffs. This is exactly what I am talking about. No one on this offense is playing with any consistency, not Orton, not Sammy, not anyone. But it starts and ends with Orton as he touches the ball every offensive play. And he isn't playing good enough. His stats are padded because of a gift wrapped agate against the Jets...who cares. I care about having a guy under center who can consistently help us win games...and that guy is not on our roster right now.

Keep playing Orton until officially eliminated from playoff contention or switch if he started playing pathetic football....but I doubt he starts playing EJ style pathetic football....so you keep playing him until you are officially eliminated from playoff contention.

Then you bring in Tuel as starter just to see if he really has what it takes to remain on the practice squad.....(sarcasm you friggin idiots)

Haha. Exactly. Not much we can do but hope Orton gets the Bills to the playoffs. He's the best option by a mile for the rest of the year. As for next year, all bets are off.

Finish what they started by developing the young high draft pic

I hear ya man. But it's not going to happen every single week with Orton or any other QB not named Rodgers, Manning, Brady.

There will be plenty of teams in the playoffs this year who have QB's who have absolute crap games from their QB's. Today was not a crap day from Orton, so I'll save my ripping on Orton until he has one of those games. You know, those games like Cam Newton had last week vs. New Orleans or like Andy Dalton had this week vs. Cleveland. Or like Philip Rivers had vs. Miami last week. Those kind of games. This is not one of those.

Bringing up bad games that you can deem worse than this game does not on any level absolve Orton from this poor performance. And I am still waiting for Orton to have a GOOD performance.

Det - Was not good, Det kicker gave us win.

NE - Was not good and we lost on an INT when we had a chance to tie late.

Minn - Was terrible until the last drive.

Jets - TD total suggests great game, but he was not very efficient and had nine 3 and outs...Any backup QB could have the same game with that defensive effort.

KC - Missed wide open guys in the end zone twice on two different drives...missed a wide open Hogan and instead came up short on a ugly scramble...made a horrible attempt on 4th for Sammy...and all in all did not play well other than the first drive.

Anyone want to over inflate his performances, fine, go right ahead. I will keep my feet planted in reality of how he has played.

Sadly, its not just Orton...the whole offense has been bad since week 3 with the exception of the Jets game where even then it was not very efficient. WR's dropping passes, fumbles, bad sacks, poor routes, and terrible play calling.

Bringing up bad games that you can deem worse than this game does not on any level absolve Orton from this poor performance. And I am still waiting for Orton to have a GOOD performance.

Det - Was not good, Det kicker gave us win.

NE - Was not good and we lost on an INT when we had a chance to tie late.

Minn - Was terrible until the last drive.

Jets - TD total suggests great game, but he was not very efficient and had nine 3 and outs...Any backup QB could have the same game with that defensive effort.

KC - Missed wide open guys in the end zone twice on two different drives...missed a wide open Hogan and instead came up short on a ugly scramble...made a horrible attempt on 4th for Sammy...and all in all did not play well other than the first drive.

Anyone want to over inflate his performances, fine, go right ahead. I will keep my feet planted in reality of how he has played.

Sadly, its not just Orton...the whole offense has been bad since week 3 with the exception of the Jets game where even then it was not very efficient. WR's dropping passes, fumbles, bad sacks, poor routes, and terrible play calling.

How does a QB have 10 TD's and 3 Int's and not have a single "good" game? Go pound sand bro. If I'm accused of making "excuses" for Orton then my lord what the heck are you doing by essentially saying he should be 1-4? Go have a drink.

Finish what they started by developing the young high draft pic

That's certainly an option. To keep playing EJ. I'd argue that EJ is developing more by sitting and observing than getting thrown to the wolves week in and week out.

As it stands now, Orton (IMO) is the best we've got by a mile and we ride it out.