49ers RB Marcus Lattimore to Retire from NFL

Poor guy... he's the one that blew his knee in college right?

yea - a year and a half ago. i knew it was going to be a long road back, but didnt expect it to be a career ender. hes a guy i wouldve been a fan of taking a late round flyer on just to see if he returned to form.

That's really unfortunate. What a talented guy, and what a gruesome injury. McGahee's career was amazing and kind of made you think it's no big deal to come back. It's a VERY big deal.

Edited by Augie

That's really unfortunate. What a talented guy, and what a gruesome injury. McGahee's career was amazing and kind of made you think it's no big deal to come back. It's a VERY big deal.

yea, i know im guilty of taking for granted that guys bounce back from horrific injuries - really, outside of spine very few end up being career enders unless it happens several times. but its definitely a reminder that all it takes is one hit.

yea, i know im guilty of taking for granted that guys bounce back from horrific injuries - really, outside of spine very few end up being career enders unless it happens several times. but its definitely a reminder that all it takes is one hit.

Also recenty mario manningham never returned to form and was out of the league not too long after the seahawk linebacker took that horrible cheap shot on his knee

Edited by JTSP

Lattimore and Clowney are close friends, i believe they were roommates in college. I speculated as others have that Clowney watched the Lattimore injury and it played a role in how he approached his last year at USC.

Bad luck for Lattimore. He is a quality guy who over came one horrible injury to make it back but couldn't get past this one. Good guy and i think he will have a bright future with out football. I will pull for him.

As a South Carolina fan this makes me feel very sad. By all accounts it seemed that Marcus Lattimore was a very humble, hardworking kid with all the talent in the world. Easily one of the better running backs I had seen in my time and destined for stardom in the NFL.

It's just too bad. He was a tremendous talent. I wish him well in his new path in life.

As a South Carolina fan this makes me feel very sad. By all accounts it seemed that Marcus Lattimore was a very humble, hardworking kid with all the talent in the world. Easily one of the better running backs I had seen in my time and destined for stardom in the NFL.

It's just too bad. He was a tremendous talent. I wish him well in his new path in life.

Lattimore Could return to S.C.

Or have the right to declare for the draft at any age they want. That would put to rest a lot of the arguments too.

That would be interesting in the NFL. Golf, tennis, even basketball are such very different scenarios. Death is not as easily predicted. Men and boys.Trucks and trycycles. But it may be going that way...