Fitzy to the bench in Houston

YoloinOhio

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is significantly worse than even guys like Losman and Edwards. People think he is good because they think he is smart, nothing about his game is smart. He tries to run over linebackers, he constantly throws into triple coverage, he rarely throws guys open, he waits for guys to be open and then throws and his arm is too weak to make the throws and then gets credit for making the right read.

He is a terrible player.

Hey, if guys like EJ and Geno, Glennon, etc.. have already started and gotten to prove themselves on the field,,, certainly Ryan Mallett deserves a look. I really liked him coming out of Arkansas. He might be an upgrade for the Texans. You never know until he gets his shot. I don't think they were going to the playoffs with Fitzy.

Quite the opposite. I liked Fitz because he wasn't Edwards. Edwards never threw to his receivers; when Fitz came in and was chucking the ball to the receivers, sometimes (gasp) 15-20 yards downfield, I was enamored.

And you (rightly) say that Fitz was anti-clutch. But I liked Fitz because he was more clutch than the super anti-clutch JP Losman, who would lose games because he couldn't properly run out the clock.

Ha! God bless Losman.

I wanted to be a fan of all those guys too. But i did not support them once i realized they are what they are. We, Bills fans over 30, got spoiled by Kelly. I think we even romanticize a little about his play. The thing Kelly did display is not to let the situation during the game get the better of him...well not until the SB!

"ole Fitzy couldda led that team to the playoffs I tell ya!"

They have a losing record (4-5) and in a couple of the games they won the defense scored points (like in the Bills game).

"Fitzmagic" tried to lose the game to the Bills, he really did. He missed throws. He turned the ball over. The man did is level best but JJ Watt had other ideas.

Those of us who have never bought in to Fitzpatrick were called dumb. We just didn't understand the nuances of football. He was really GOOD! It was everyone ELSE that was the problem. Every other team he had been on was WRONG but dagnabbit ole Chan and Buddy were RIGHT! Just look at their resumes! HOW could you question those two?

By the way, Fitz being awful has little to do with whether or not they will win more games by replacing him. The point is that he was given yet another starting gig, and he failed yet again to deliver. He is a known commodity: a backup QB. Maybe Mallet is good, maybe he isn't. They are going to find out now.

I was "dumb." I was a "hater." I "just wanted to be negative." I didn't "understand how football works." I was told to go sign up for the Patriots* message boards if I didn't buy into Fitzpatrick because he WAS the franchise QB, so "deal with it."

Well, SCOREBOARD.

Ummm. The Texans have a bottom 5 defense in terms of total yards allowed per game. They are middle of the pack for points against. Those aren't the things associated with a top defense.

and thanks in part to Fitzy we even lead Houston in the giveaway/takeaway department :D

START losing? They are 4-5 now. Without the defense scoring TDs they are 2-7.

Everyone except for a few stubborn/delusional Bills fans knows that Fitzpatrick belongs on the bench and is NOT a quality starting QB that will lead a team anywhere

Edited by TheFunPolice

Everyone except for a few stubborn/delusional Bills fans knows that Fitzpatrick belongs on the bench and is NOT a quality starting QB that will lead a team anywhere

...and six different GM/HC combinations.

You have no idea what the game plan is if those TDs are not scored they are 4-5. My question has nothing to do with Fitz it has to do with Mallett and what happens if he performs the same or worse.

You have no idea what the game plan is if those TDs are not scored they are 4-5. My question has nothing to do with Fitz it has to do with Mallett and what happens if he performs the same or worse.

then they sign Hoyer in the offseason, and draft Hackenberg in 2016. More OBrien boys. Edited by YoloinOhio

Fitz is significantly worse than even guys like Losman and Edwards. People think he is good because they think he is smart, nothing about his game is smart. He tries to run over linebackers, he constantly throws into triple coverage, he rarely throws guys open, he waits for guys to be open and then throws and his arm is too weak to make the throws and then gets credit for making the right read.

He is a terrible player.

Then why is he still starting games years after both of them are out of the league?

I don't know. I think Orton and Fitz are a lot closer than some folks think. Orton has a better arm, Fitz has better mobility and avoids sacks. There is a reason both have been on 5 times.

I just think it's funny that we trash one and think of the other as our MVP. Both guys are solid NFL QBs who are borderline starters.

Maybe because they are not as alike as you may think . Fitz has never finished a season where he has won more than he has loss .. I dont know why you believe that something like that does not matter when you are trying win games .