11/11 - Update: Bills Release S Jerome Couplin

Schwartzy must know him. My first thought was I sure the heck hope AW is ok. I think he will just replace Ladler on the PS.

They were not in Detroit at the same time.

He also wears "III" on the back of his jersey. Just so that no one confuses him with his daddy.

Schwartzy must know him. My first thought was I sure the heck hope AW is ok. I think he will just replace Ladler on the PS.

They signed him off the PS of the Lions and therefore has to be on our active roster. Ladler had been on the active 53 the last few weeks, and is now on IR. So Couplin will take Ladler's spot on the roster not PS.

@BillsDraft

The #Bills have been awarded SS Jerome Couplin off waivers. Couplin, a rookie from William and Mary, played in 8 games with Lions this year.

Ah, so it wasn't off practice squad.

Actually he was waived then cleared, then put on PS. But I think they activated and then waived him again.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2014/11/01/detroit-lions-jordan-thompson-jerome-couplin/18336491/

Can he play guard?

Yes if you mean guard the kick returner from getting a TD.

Appears to be decent prospect but there are a lot of decent prospects.

Possibility they will look at using him as kick or punt returner since he has good speed and hands.

http://www.tribeathletics.com//mediaPortal/player.dbml?POPOUT=1&db_oem_id=25100&id=3126567&catid=NaN&start=1.555

I like the sound of that...

Before the draft, Forbes’ Andrew Goodman documented Couplin’s physical tools in his article “Here Comes the Next NFL Superhero.”

“Physically, Couplin is a freak of nature,” Goodman wrote. “Standing at 6’2 and 215 lbs. he is in the mold of new big and quick defensive backs such as Seattle Seahawk Kam Chancellor. At his Pro Day on March 18, Couplin ran the 40 yard dash in 4.5 seconds. He also had a vertical of 41.5 inches and a standing broad jump of 11 feet 2 inches, all accomplished outside in rainy, 32 degree conditions. But it’s when the ball is in the air that Couplin earns his nickname. Much like the “Osprey,” Couplin has an 81 inch wingspan, which means that he can practically touch his knees when standing straight up. Coupled with his jumping ability, Couplin’s physical attributes are a defensive coordinator’s dream.”

Indeed!

I thought Whaley was out drinking in Cali with Kelly The Dog ?

Might be a nice snare

Sounds like maybe they had been watching for him to come up on the waiver wire.

i will have to make note of the kid and watch out for him on STs .

@ChrisTrapasso

Per @PFF, new #Bills safety Jerome Couplin only played 12 snaps for the Lions in 2014. However, he's a physical specimen.

At 6'1" & 213-lbs, Couplin ran 4.55 at his Pro Day in March (usually *faster* at Pro Days). Would have been in Top 10 among S at '14 combine

Couplin's 41.5" vertical and 11'2" broad jump would have led S at 2014 combine. Three-cone of 6.94 would have been 3rd. Short shuttle 11th.