Clowney may be who we thought he was

YoloinOhio

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy played thru broken ribs with a QB who was about to get him killed on virtually every target his first 4 games.

An injury that occurred in a game that he shouldn't have been risking his health in. I don't know that there's a "right" answer here

He might. And players wanting to be able to actually walk when they walk away from the game vs being gladiators that are without care for their well being is something I think most reasonable fans struggle with balancing in their takes.

The teams best interest and the players are not always the same

This is how the game got weird. the business of the NFL.

i would quote Dr. Hunter S Thompson here. but I won't

players who go flat out every play and dont protect themselves dont last very long. As a fan I want players who use good judgment and know how to stay healthy.

Sometimes the common interests will align in that way too. It's not all bad for the fan.

Morons should have taken Bortles, DEs don't win championships, good QBs do

You're right. The key to the success of the Texans would be the QB with the lowest QBR in the NFL.

And I don't fault Clowney for sayign himself. The NCAA is a joke. He blows out his knee, he loses millions of dollars. That said, a top pick who can only get 3 sacks in a season would worry me.

You're right. The key to the success of the Texans would be the QB with the lowest QBR in the NFL.

And I don't fault Clowney for sayign himself. The NCAA is a joke. He blows out his knee, he loses millions of dollars. That said, a top pick who can only get 3 sacks in a season would worry me.

How do you think he would have done with Foster to hand to, that Texans defense, Andre and Hopkins? I think he'd look better

Some men mature faster then others both mentally, and physically. In college sometimes its men against boys. In the NFL its men against men, and the great ones stand out pretty quickly.

Anyway, last year he had just one sack... Its tough to judge a football players heart, and only know that the great ones would play the game for nothing because they love the game. who knows what his problem is, and I'm just glad its Houston's problem.

On a side note, Thurman Thomas played his entire career with badly sprained ankles that never healed. He would tape them up, take a shot and go out and become a hall of famer