'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol...maybe they'll give us back the scholarships if we just fold the season right now. I got tix for the Duke game on Valentine's Day. Thinking of selling them and taking my wife to Vegas for the weekend instead.

Vegas is always good. Rakeem vs Jahlil is going to be epic though.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

lol...maybe they'll give us back the scholarships if we just fold the season right now. I got tix for the Duke game on Valentine's Day. Thinking of selling them and taking my wife to Vegas for the weekend instead.

I almost feel bad for the money I made on my tickets this year. My sister and I have center court tickets and profited over $200 mainly bc we got $150 each for the Duke game. We will be able to attend 6 games, make that money, and have the tourney tickets still too. Cuse season tickets are turning into a pretty good investment!

As for the Clemson game, I'm wondering if word got to the players about the post season ban. That was a pretty poor first half and Clemson was on fire. I was very pleased with the effort in the second half but they just couldn't make it all the way back. When it got to 13 on a few different occasions I actually kept thinking they might have a chance.

This is a good year for the post season ban though. I think by the end of the year this team will be close to a bubble team anyway.

scrappy game tonight. as much of an annoyance len elmore was being, he is right about Rak whining, he's an absolute beast out there and he needs to just attack, attack, attack. "Great" game by Obokoh, he actually looked capable of putting in some court time minutes. Joseph was more aggressive, but his shots just weren't falling. Conference win, always a good thing

Agreed. Very solid win. Imagine if Rak had stayed out of foul trouble; he might have scored 35 again. Nice offense from Gbinije and I am liking Joseph's aggressiveness.

By the way, has anyone ever seen BJ Johnson actually make a basket? Yet the guy always seems to look for his shot. He really needs to never play again. Terrible on offense, defense, and on the glass. At least Roberson can rebound.

Agreed. Very solid win. Imagine if Rak had stayed out of foul trouble; he might have scored 35 again. Nice offense from Gbinije and I am liking Joseph's aggressiveness.

By the way, has anyone ever seen BJ Johnson actually make a basket? Yet the guy always seems to look for his shot. He really needs to never play again. Terrible on offense, defense, and on the glass. At least Roberson can rebound.

It amazes me that a DI team with SUs profile is as thin as they are depth wise. I know losing two frosh from last year killed them and da Juan injuries have been an issue but they have exactly 3 guys that they can count on for ANY offense. Sheesh.

It amazes me that a DI team with SUs profile is as thin as they are depth wise. I know losing two frosh from last year killed them and da Juan injuries have been an issue but they have exactly 3 guys that they can count on for ANY offense. Sheesh.

They really struck out with the sophomore recruiting class. I think the expectation was that Patterson, Roberson, and Johnson would be good, and at least one could be a consistent scorer. They all stink. Then, with Grant leaving early and McC getting injured, that exacerbated the situation.

Can you imagine if Rak didn't make a record-setting improvement?

They really struck out with the sophomore recruiting class. I think the expectation was that Patterson, Roberson, and Johnson would be good, and at least one could be a consistent scorer. They all stink. Then, with Grant leaving early and McC getting injured, that exacerbated the situation.

Can you imagine if Rak didn't make a record-setting improvement?

BJ Johnson has been the biggest disappointment of that class, IMO, purely because he was reputed to be a solid shooter in HS. I remember folks likening him to CJ Fair when he committed to SU. I'm not sure what happened, but he certainly hasn't shot the ball well. Come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I saw him hit a shot.

Roberson is basically as advertised, if I recall correctly. Not a great shooter, but an athletic wing who is relentless on the glass. Same with Patterson who was recruited for his athleticism and length at the top of the zone. Never was expected to light up the scoreboard.

You're right JR...I can't imagine this team without Rak. They'd be in big trouble. Good news is, again, a very solid recruiting class for next year. I am hearing now that Thomas Bryant is a heavy Kentucky lean. I certainly hope McCullough puts on some muscle, DC2 gets healthy, and Chino really improves because we're gonna be in serious trouble at Center if those things don't happen.

I can sum up the Miami loss in three words. Missed. Free. Throws.

Tough loss to a pretty solid tournent team. It's getting pretty tough to watch this team. I hope rumors are correct about post-season sanctions being imposed this season. It won't hurt as much to miss out on the NIT.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Tough loss to a pretty solid tournent team. It's getting pretty tough to watch this team. I hope rumors are correct about post-season sanctions being imposed this season. It won't hurt as much to miss out on the NIT.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Gbinije kills us at the line. How can a guy like that shoot like 40% from the line? Just bizarre.

By the way, if there was a positive, it was Roberson. Played the game of his life.

over the years free throw shooting has always been a weak spot with Cuse teams, I agree against Miami better shooting from there was the difference, this team is going to have a tough stretch coming, and this where all Cuse fans will see what they are really made of, adversity this year will be a strength next, NIT would be a good experience, and ACC tournament will be too, next up NC, I will hope for the best, but with short turn around, I wonder how solid the play will be, one thing for sure I don't question the heart this teams has, GO CUSE :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by rumblefish

over the years free throw shooting has always been a weak spot with Cuse teams, I agree against Miami better shooting from there was the difference, this team is going to have a tough stretch coming, and this where all Cuse fans will see what they are really made of, adversity this year will be a strength next, NIT would be a good experience, and ACC tournament will be too, next up NC, I will hope for the best, but with short turn around, I wonder how solid the play will be, one thing for sure I don't question the heart this teams has, GO CUSE :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Really? Because some times I question the heart this team has. Having heart means playing hard, but it also means playing well in the clutch. Having balls. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, and I bleed orange, but this team doesn't appear to have "it."

Also, this team doesn't appear to have a leader. Christmas leads by his play on the court, but where is the guy (Scoop, GMac, Devendorf) who gets pissed and gets the other players pumped? Gets in other players faces? This team is too timid.

That said, this is a young team and fighting through adversity can build toughness. Great recruiting class next year, youngster improve/get stronger, and we could make some real noise next year. Go CUSE.

Nobody on this team is clutch.

Gbinije-- as much as I like him-- is anti-clutch. That missed dunk was a critical turning point yesterday, IMO. Then the missed free throws too. Then, the missed lay-up at the buzzer against FSU (or GT?), which led to OT.

Cooney wants to be clutch--but not sure I have ever seen him be clutch when the game is on the line.

I love Rak, and maybe he is the closest thing we have to a big-time clutch player. But, as a center, he is limited in what he can do.