'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ugh!!!!! hope they don't push coleman back into the fold, rather bulk up for next season

Official word from SU. Chris McCullough has a torn ACL in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2014-15 season
- Brent Axe @BrentAxeMedia

Edited by The Poojer

ugh!!!!! hope they don't push coleman back into the fold, rather bulk up for next season

Official word from SU. Chris McCullough has a torn ACL in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2014-15 season

- Brent Axe @BrentAxeMedia

What a shame. Can't see him going pro now,but I guess that didn't stop Noel.

Agreed on Coleman.

i don't have much confidence that Chino can step up adequately, he just seems lost out there....Roberson, Johnson, Patterson and Joseph really need to step up their games. I am glad they have 5 days before playing WF, give them time in the gym to make MAJOR adjustments. And I don't think McCullogh has an iota of the talent Nerlens had so I suspect he will be back....btw, it is fun this season watching Nerlens break out as a major player.

EDIT - Crap, i thought the WF game was saturday, it's tomorrow

Edited by The Poojer

I like the Patterson-Cooney-Gbinije-Roberson-Christmas lineup. Sadly, we didn't lose much when McCullough went down. Despite a terrible start and all the outside commotion, I still see this thing coming together. Not final 4 caliber, mind you, but definitely watchable. The ACC is a crazy conference!!

I like the Patterson-Cooney-Gbinije-Roberson-Christmas lineup. Sadly, we didn't lose much when McCullough went down. Despite a terrible start and all the outside commotion, I still see this thing coming together. Not final 4 caliber, mind you, but definitely watchable. The ACC is a crazy conference!!

I agree. I love Roberson on the glass; he gives us just a bit on offense and we will be fine.

the most important thing we lost was depth, and that is more important to this team than most

the most important thing we lost was depth, and that is more important to this team than most

Agreed, Pooj. I was (I suppose) just lamenting on how disappointing CMac has been. I mean, you expect these top 25 recruits to come in and contribute almost immediately. McCullough has looked physically deficient and lacking confidence. He's just a kid.

Here's to Chris McCullough after a year of the SU strength and conditioning program. Remember how much muscle Grant put on between his freshman and sophomore year?

Yeah the 'good teams' are going to be tough, I am glad this team has had the 'weaker' teams to get over these latest humps...really need BJ Johnson to start playing like we know he can. Chino can't be that bad, can he? Cooney cannot maintain this pace for that long, let's hope he doesn't shoot himself out too early. Silent G really needs to work on free throws...43%???? Come on dude, I could get close to that

Another painful game to watch other than Rak and Cooney. Duke falls BIG at home vs Miami. The ACC is a hell of a conference. Just wait until we start playing the good teams.

This may be JB's best coaching effort to date, yes they drive me crazy, with on/off offence, last nights game reminded me of some of the past Big East battles, side note, Manning looked like he was still in shape to play,4-0 in the ACC who would have thunk-it

listening to Boeheims post game pressers, it seems like Ron Patterson is his whipping boy, but in a lighthearted way, he always seems to be hammering patterson but it usually ends with a smile and a laugh, wonder what kind of relationship they have, seems that JB really likes Patterson. Hopefully Buss can step up his game and be a major contributor

I think this win was huge. Being down guys too-- you can tell they feel like the underdog and guys like Rak and cooney are going to carry this team on their backs.

Not pretty, but gritty.

If they can get even a little offense from Roberson and Joseph, they could be in a good position.

Agree. They're going to have to rely heavily on Gbinije as well. WRT Cooney, I could just be seeing things that I want to see, but it looks like something has finally clicked for him. He appears to have an edge to him now. In previous seasons, I saw no confidence in him until he was already on fire. When he would miss a few shots, he would go into this depressed state and shy away from shots. This year, he appears to start off the games with confidence and gets angry when he misses and wants to redeem himself immediately. It's a good change.

Agree. They're going to have to rely heavily on Gbinije as well. WRT Cooney, I could just be seeing things that I want to see, but it looks like something has finally clicked for him. He appears to have an edge to him now. In previous seasons, I saw no confidence in him until he was already on fire. When he would miss a few shots, he would go into this depressed state and shy away from shots. This year, he appears to start off the games with confidence and gets angry when he misses and wants to redeem himself immediately. It's a good change.

I have seen that too. He has a real swagger to him. I have said this for years, but if he hits even 35%~40% of his 3s, the team is deadly.

I have seen that too. He has a real swagger to him. I have said this for years, but if he hits even 35%~40% of his 3s, the team is deadly.

I believe I heard a stat during the Wake game where Cooney has shot something like 48-49% over the past 8 games. I agree....somehow Cooney got his groove back. He's got that dead eye, and his shots are barely even touching the net as they go through. Without Cooney, we wouldn't have won 10 f***ing games this year...not 10!!

I believe I heard a stat during the Wake game where Cooney has shot something like 48-49% over the past 8 games. I agree....somehow Cooney got his groove back. He's got that dead eye, and his shots are barely even touching the net as they go through. Without Cooney, we wouldn't have won 10 f***ing games this year...not 10!!

:lol:

With the looming NCAA investigation, I wonder how recruiting is being impacted? I know Syracuse's main 2015 target, 5 star C/PF Thomas Bryant, was once thought to be a sure commit. Now, he has expanded his list of possible schools and has visited both Kentucky and Indiana. What is with the hold up, NCAA?

Does anyone know when the "ruling" is supposed to come down? I heard a rumor BTW that Syracuse will self-impose a post season ban for 2015. Thoughts?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

With the looming NCAA investigation, I wonder how recruiting is being impacted? I know Syracuse's main 2015 target, 5 star C/PF Thomas Bryant, was once thought to be a sure commit. Now, he has expanded his list of possible schools and has visited both Kentucky and Indiana. What is with the hold up, NCAA?

Does anyone know when the "ruling" is supposed to come down? I heard a rumor BTW that Syracuse will self-impose a post season ban for 2015. Thoughts?

Oh, crap. Are you serious re a 2015 ban? How about a 2014 ban instead?

Oh, crap. Are you serious re a 2015 ban? How about a 2014 ban instead?

I heard a self imposed ban this season. Do you consider this season 2014? Just a rumor, man. It would make sense though, as the expectations aren't that great for this post season.

Already a strong recruiting class next year with Malachi Richardson, Tyler Lydon and Frank Howard. With McCullough likely coming back, it looks like the potential for a very strong team next year. It we get Thomas Bryant...wow!

i'm sorry, but is anyone as pissed as i am today that Paterno get's his record re-instated but Bernie Fine is still a !@#$ing pariah, thanks to Jeremy !@#$ing Schwartz and ESPN???? I am really beside myself. I fully understand and am 100% sympathetic of what Joe Paterno went through, even if it was of his own doing. And I am sympathetic that the actions that unfolded wound up being what broke his heart and led to his death. Not arguing that...but Bernie Fine is still a guilty man in the eyes of everyone and his life was ruined because ESPN was upset they got trumped on the PSU scandal. Pisses me off to no end. To date Bernie Fine's only crime is MAYBE being gay.MAYBE!!!!!

I heard a self imposed ban this season. Do you consider this season 2014? Just a rumor, man. It would make sense though, as the expectations aren't that great for this post season.

Already a strong recruiting class next year with Malachi Richardson, Tyler Lydon and Frank Howard. With McCullough likely coming back, it looks like the potential for a very strong team next year. It we get Thomas Bryant...wow!

A buddy of mine just said he heard the same thing: post season ban THIS year... 2 schollie loss in 2016... 14 vacated wins from Fab's year.

IMO, this would be a great result. As you pointed out, we were a Bubble team, at best, this year. And 2016 scholarship losses won't hurt the stellar 2015 class.

lets not forget, hopefully Dajuan will play next year as well

A buddy of mine just said he heard the same thing: post season ban THIS year... 2 schollie loss in 2016... 14 vacated wins from Fab's year.

IMO, this would be a great result. As you pointed out, we were a Bubble team, at best, this year. And 2016 scholarship losses won't hurt the stellar 2015 class.

Pretty close to what I'm hearing too.

Stripped of 12 wins from 2010-2012

2 scholarship losses starting in 16

And yes banned from the tourney this year.

I hate the ncaa. Unc better get way worse than this.