'Cuse Hoops 2014-15 - New York's College Team!!!

The Poojer

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was men against boys and Syracuse more than held their own. Turnovers and poor rebounding continue to be major concerns. Seeing improvement from Joseph, Cooney, Roberson and Gbinije. Rak is Rak. I really hope this team does enough in conference play to make the tourney because I think they will be much, much better come March.

...and the officiating was terrible. McCullough gets bulldozed for a loose ball and gets called for the foul. The guy literally took his legs out.

I'm taking the boy to the Colgate gam on Monday. Hopefully they can put together a solid game.

Boehiem "joked" about cooney being flat on the floor during his post game. Said something to the effect that obviously he fell. Total crap.

What a joke of a game from an officiating standpoint. How does cooney get pushed down on the inbounds and no call? And then they hit both Rak and McCullough in the corner after. I have never seen anything like that.

Some positives to build on, but obviously turnovers continue to plague this team.

Boehiem "joked" about cooney being flat on the floor during his post game. Said something to the effect that obviously he fell. Total crap.

I understand if the officials want to let guys play. But that rule of thumb doesn't apply on inbound type plays. You have to call a push or grab there, since he knocked cooney out of the play AND we had no TOs left. Just total bush league.

We lost singularly because of the officials.

If Gbinije makes free throws that play is insignificant

I understand if the officials want to let guys play. But that rule of thumb doesn't apply on inbound type plays. You have to call a push or grab there, since he knocked cooney out of the play AND we had no TOs left. Just total bush league.

We lost singularly because of the officials.

I guess I hate CBB refs just for different reasons than everyone else. Didn't really see Cooney get shoved that bad tbh. Wrong time to try and get a call. Now any of the 800 times Pinkston/Ochefu lowered their shoulders with the sole objective of creating contact would've been a better time to hit the deck. But that's not really in Xmas/Mc's dna and I respect that. It just sucks that there are all these weak charges/flops in every game but you can get away with murder if the defender doesn't do the pathetic soccer flop (which other than Fab Melo, our guys hardly ever do). Nova looks like a fraud as per usual.

So it was just Colgate, but it was still nice to shoot so well. I think this team found an offensive identity with the Villanova game.

I was at the game, and they did shoot the ball pretty well. This success should be interpreted with some caution, however, as the Colgate guards weren't really pressuring our outside shooters. They were really sucking in to help out in the middle.

I really liked what I saw from Ron Patterson. He plays sound defense, and is a good shooter when he can get into a rhythm. I hope JB finds a way to get him some more burn as the season goes on. I'll say it again. This will be a much better team come February/March. I don't have any delusions about running to the final 4, but if they can do well in conference play and make the tourney, I think they could do some damage.

Why do Patterson and Chino play relatively early in the Colgate game but can't spell Rak, Gbinije or McCullough in the Nova game to help avoid foul trouble

Chino played because they were up like 40 points. He's just not ready and is a liability against legit competition.

I agree with you, however, about Patterson. No reason he shouldn't be seeing 7-8 minutes per game.

after nova game, nice to see playing time spread out a little, looks like JB may be game testing bench for the long haul, got a kick out of announcers comment about going man to man on defense, ya like that will happen, cuse will win or die by zone D as long as Mr. B is running the show

Nice win today. Gbinije 4/5 from 3, team almost 60% from 3. Need some nice wins heading into the acc season. Didn't realize we were the worst team in d1 at The 3 point line. Let's go orange!!!

Agreed. Totally different team when gbinije can shoot like that. He has really upped his game.

By the way, I tivo'd both the bills and Syracuse today, and started watching around 2 pm. Flipped back and forth after I caught up live on one. Finished both games by 4 pm.

Pretty pumped for the start of ACC play today. Cuse has been getting better lately and I'm hoping they continue building on that today against Va Tech.

A Few Things I'm Looking For:

-Rak staying out of foul trouble early.

-Patterson continuing to see minutes. He's a good defender and can distribute the ball better than I expected. He just needs work on his 3 pt shot.

-Cooney staying aggressive with his all around game. Getting to the basket opens up his outside shot.

-McCullough just staying awesome. This kid is good!

-Joseph being smarter with the ball. I want him to be more aggressive, he just gets sloppy sometimes.

-I've been pretty happy with Gbinije so I'd like to see more of the same.

Go Cuse!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Pretty pumped for the start of ACC play today. Cuse has been getting better lately and I'm hoping they continue building on that today against Va Tech.

A Few Things I'm Looking For:

-Rak staying out of foul trouble early.

-Patterson continuing to see minutes. He's a good defender and can distribute the ball better than I expected. He just needs work on his 3 pt shot.

-Cooney staying aggressive with his all around game. Getting to the basket opens up his outside shot.

-McCullough just staying awesome. This kid is good!

-Joseph being smarter with the ball. I want him to be more aggressive, he just gets sloppy sometimes.

-I've been pretty happy with Gbinije so I'd like to see more of the same.

Go Cuse!

Love the positive attitude! This post alone has got be riled up now to see this game.

Can't wait to see this bojangles broadcast!

Great first half by our guys. But you had to know they would revert a bit to form.

I thought the officiating was terrible; our bugs were raped all game.

Loved Roberson on the glass; just wish he had more handle and skill. Loved Patterson's minutes too.

Can't have McCullough disappear like he did; he needs to create some offense.

Great first half by our guys. But you had to know they would revert a bit to form.

I thought the officiating was terrible; our bugs were raped all game.

Loved Roberson on the glass; just wish he had more handle and skill. Loved Patterson's minutes too.

Can't have McCullough disappear like he did; he needs to create some offense.

Agree with all of this.

why is Rak wearing a bandage? so far it seems to be affecting his shot early on

Rak seems to be shooting fine. McCullough and Joseph on the other hand...

Watching McCullough is sooooo frustrating. So much raw talent, but he just doesn't have the size to be effective. Horrible free throw shooter too. Syracuse lucky to be leading at the half.

Rak seems to be shooting fine. McCullough and Joseph on the other hand...

Watching McCullough is sooooo frustrating. So much raw talent, but he just doesn't have the size to be effective. Horrible free throw shooter too. Syracuse lucky to be leading at the half.

I actually think McCullough has a good free throw shooting motion, it's just not going in though.

Joseph kills me. I can't believe I keep saying this because I've had such a long kind-of-like/hate relationship with Cooney, but Joseph misses SO MANY wide open opportunities for him in trail position. It's not just that he doesn't see it. He sometimes looks at Cooney, sees he has the shot, but then ignores it. F$%#ing frustrating!

I actually think McCullough has a good free throw shooting motion, it's just not going in though.

Joseph kills me. I can't believe I keep saying this because I've had such a long kind-of-like/hate relationship with Cooney, but Joseph misses SO MANY wide open opportunities for him in trail position. It's not just that he doesn't see it. He sometimes looks at Cooney, sees he has the shot, but then ignores it. F$%#ing frustrating!

Agreed on Joseph. I'd much rather have Patterson out there than him at this point. The game is just too big for him right now...still playing afraid. Also, Roberson needs to get more burn. They're gonna need him down the stretch.

great defense by Syracuse though, really handcuffed tech. agree about joseph, he is zero threat out there, he brings the ball up, passes it, rinse, repeat. 2-0, don't care if they scored 46 or 146, they scored enough to win and now they build on it. we would have lost these games earlier in the season, in fact we did, not saying they are gonna burn down tobacco road, but they are working hard and getting out with w's

great defense by Syracuse though, really handcuffed tech. agree about joseph, he is zero threat out there, he brings the ball up, passes it, rinse, repeat. 2-0, don't care if they scored 46 or 146, they scored enough to win and now they build on it. we would have lost these games earlier in the season, in fact we did, not saying they are gonna burn down tobacco road, but they are working hard and getting out with w's

I agree with this. These games are close because of great cuse defense and bad Cuse offense. We get a little more consistent on offense (at the 1 or 4) and it is a much better team,

And Christmas has been great; should have been at the line about a dozen more times tonight.