class action settlement for bills text messages

joepa722

Remember the story about the guy suing the Bills due to the fact that he received too many text messages/updates on his mobile phone from the Bills? As many of you know, the settlement agreement was that the "harmed" (LOL) parties were going to receive a gift card to the Bills Store for about $75.00. I received one of the claim forms to get the $75.00. I think that was back in July. Has any body received a gift card yet?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to admit...that is a pretty nice freebie coming to us.

It is. I debated for awhile whether or not to accept it because I obviously hate the guy that filed it and thought he was a scumbag, but considering they have to pay out xxxxx amount regardless of whether some of it is to me or not, and considering how many thousands of dollars I've spent on tickets and merchandise over the years, I said screw it. So they send me a $75 certificate that I'll use to get an A. Williams jersey at their store. The actual jersey probably doesn't even cost them half that. I don't feel bad.

The reason I know they had to send them out by 11/1 is because I'm in the process of moving and wanted to make sure I had my change of address filed in time, so I looked up the class action's website and found the details.

I declined and still feel pretty good about it. It's like finding someone's wallet on the ground and choosing to turn it in.

P.s. I've spent the last few months patting myself on the back. :)

Time to switch arms, your right looks to be a good 2" longer than the left.

I suppose that someone could accept the GC and donate it to charity. Win/win.

I can't remember if I filed or not. If I did, and I receive one, it's going right back to the Bills dept that deals with charities, and let them use it how they see fit...

Buffalo Bills

Community Relations Department

One Bills Drive

Orchard Park, NY 14127

It was tempting to cash in on the $75 handout......but I absolutely hate these type of lawsuits and believe it's one of America's many problems. These type of lawsuits end up being handed down to the end consumers somehow, someway, usually in the form of increased insurance premiums, an expense which then gets passed on to the paying customer.

With those firm beliefs I'd be a total hypocrite if I accepted the $75, so I threw the offer in the garbage. Not saying my way is the right way, but that was my decision. The Bills offered a service, I accepted it......and I actually enjoyed it, especially getting the texts just prior to games with the inactive lists. It's a shame we live in a sue happy society. Will this lawsuit hurt the Bills? No, just a small dent for them, but these lawsuits can and do tear apart small business and individuals who don't have the wealth of NFL franchises.