MMQB Mid-Season All-Pro Team - Jerry Hughes 1st Team selection

YoloinOhio

2014 Midseason All-Pro

With two months down and two more to go, here are the obvious (J.J. Watt, Peyton Manning) and surprise (Golden Tate, Jerry Hughes) stars of the first half

http://mmqb.si.com/2...n-all-pro-team/

Dareus is 2nd team

I think they deserve a trip to the Mongolian BBQ to celebrate. In a cab.

Edited by YoloinOhio

You know what the Williams Brothers are monsters too, I really hope we can keep this line together. With Kiko back the whole defensive team could be All - Pro. :thumbsup: They have really impressed me this year. Yes the LBs are kind of young and less experienced but they have done alright. I hope Spikes returns too. We don't seem to miss Byrdman and the CBs have been showing up with the D line rush and in the run game. Defense can win a championship with a okay QB and IMO Orton has been doing a bit better than okay. The only real weakness on our team has been O line related and they too are young (well, some of them), hopefully things improve there and we get some jelly.

Dareus 2nd? He's tied for 5th in sacks, but as a DT.

It's a glitz and glam game. Dareus is all pro and so is Mario Williams.

Mario has been All Pro since coming to Buffalo. He doesn't tally many stats because teams constantly account for him and plan their game around him and our DL. Mario doesn't get stats because no one runs at him. I'd love to see someone with the time and ability chart the runs at Mario this year and how many yards have been gained running to his side. I'd bet it is among the very lowest in the league.

But, knowing Mario the way we know him and the stories I've heard from friends who went to school with him the guy probably cares less then we do. We are getting what we paid for, effectively shutting down an entire half of the field for our defense.

You know what the Williams Brothers are monsters too, I really hope we can keep this line together. With Kiko back the whole defensive team could be All - Pro. :thumbsup: They have really impressed me this year. Yes the LBs are kind of young and less experienced but they have done alright. I hope Spikes returns too. We don't seem to miss Byrdman and the CBs have been showing up with the D line rush and in the run game. Defense can win a championship with a okay QB and IMO Orton has been doing a bit better than okay. The only real weakness on our team has been O line related and they too are young (well, some of them), hopefully things improve there and we get some jelly.

Well we have the right owner for spending. Terry will open up his "Pegula Bucks / Beer Money" jar and will have these boys resigned. You can take that to the "Pegula-Bank". or Oil Well LOL!

Mario has been All Pro since coming to Buffalo. He doesn't tally many stats because teams constantly account for him and plan their game around him and our DL. Mario doesn't get stats because no one runs at him. I'd love to see someone with the time and ability chart the runs at Mario this year and how many yards have been gained running to his side. I'd bet it is among the very lowest in the league.

But, knowing Mario the way we know him and the stories I've heard from friends who went to school with him the guy probably cares less then we do. We are getting what we paid for, effectively shutting down an entire half of the field for our defense.

Amen to that. Couldn't agree more concerning the impact he's had on the defense w/o making an "impact" on the stat sheets. He's been better than I expected to be honest.

We need to resign both.

Dareus IS signed through next year, but yes, I would like to see another 4 years tacked on for him this coming offseason. I really hope Hughes is able to be resigned, too, but I almost get the feeling he won't be, especially if he puts up some real numbers this year and we make the playoffs.

If we make the playoffs, and Orton continues his current production or close to it, and we continue to win games WITH him, not DESPITE him, I wouldn't be against floating an extra year onto his current deal at similar rate, about 5-6 million per year.

Amen to that. Couldn't agree more concerning the impact he's had on the defense w/o making an "impact" on the stat sheets. He's been better than I expected to be honest.

And to make things even more betterer, Hughes seems to be following in Williams shadow. Learning to play every down equally. Learning to play the run and getting better at it over time. Using a variety of tools to rush the passer. Hughes beside Williams has made life better for both.

This just needs to be repeatedly over and over.

I saw Mario lose his contain on a run vs. Minnesota. Adding that to my list, I can STILL count how many times he's done that since he's been here on ONE HAND. He's a force out there and there aren't many who play every facet of the position as well as he does.

GO BILLS!!!