Trade Glenn, EJ, Watkins, Gilmore, and next years 1st for Andrew Luck

Virgil

Would you make this trade  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Glenn, EJ, Watkins, Gilmore, and next years 1st

• Yes
    • No

In hindsight. Basically, would you have trade those 4 players for Luck. That's basically the 1st and 2nd the year Luck came out and the next 3 1sts.

I'm not saying I know that would get it done, but I feel like it's in the ballpark.

Personally, I'd do it. EJ isn't a loss if we have Luck. Gilmore isn't the shutdown corner we thought he'd be. Glenn is still a question mark. I always find it interesting to look at trades involving picks after the picks have been made. To me, this is a no brainer.

Just fun speculation

Edited by Derek in Va

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I know it wouldn't happen now nor am I proposing it as reality. I'm saying, at the time, would you have traded four 1sts and that 2nd for the 1st overall pick. The end result is the players I named

Here's a question: If the trade were to happen in an alternate universe, would Luck be Luck or would he follow suit of recent QBs drafted by this organization?

Edited by Smooth

I don't know, Manuel only got to play in 14 games. Not even a full season. If we continued to let him develop for another season or two, who knows? Perhaps he could've been the next Andrew Luck. He's certainly got all the physical tools. Alas, we'll never know. Just kidding. But sadly, some of you actually feel that way.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Here's a question: If the trade were to happen in an alternate universe, would Luck be Luck or would he follow suit of recent QBs drafted by this organization?

I think that's the case for most qb's. But I believe Luck is the exception to that. He's just that good. Look at the team he took over and what he did immediately.

I think that's the case for most qb's. But I believe Luck is the exception to that. He's just that good. Look at the team he took over and what he did immediately.

That team wasn't in as bad shape as many would have had you to believe...

Luck is a talent but he wasn't exactly going to the Jags. Honestly, I think it's common consensus that Indy chucked games to land one of the first two picks. More so that Irsay, given the POS he is, probably demanded them to do so.

Maybe if we throw in Herschel Walker?

Do we redeem two Superbowls?

I don't know, Manuel only got to play in 14 games. Not even a full season. If we continued to let him develop for another season or two, who knows? Perhaps he could've been the next Andrew Luck. He's certainly got all the physical tools. Alas, we'll never know. Just kidding. But sadly, some of you actually feel that way.

Hahaha what a d***!

This will only work if we can arrange a prior trade to send them some of whatever you're smoking.

holy straw man.

Why are there posts like this?

In hindsight. Basically, would you have trade those 4 players for Luck. That's basically the 1st and 2nd the year Luck came out and the next 3 1sts.

I'm not saying I know that would get it done, but I feel like it's in the ballpark.

Personally, I'd do it. EJ isn't a loss if we have Luck. Gilmore isn't the shutdown corner we thought he'd be. Glenn is still a question mark. I always find it interesting to look at trades involving picks after the picks have been made. To me, this is a no brainer.

Just fun speculation

It blows my mind how people can't read the context of what I'm saying. I know it wasn't going to happen nor could happen now. I'm just having fun with the idea of, how would people have responded had that happened two years ago?

When the draft started, we walked up to the podium first after giving away those 5 picks. How would that have gone down? And, now that we are two years later, it's almost funny how it would almost be a no brainer to me

That was so well done.