Trade Glenn, EJ, Watkins, Gilmore, and next years 1st for Andrew Luck

Virgil

Would you make this trade  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Glenn, EJ, Watkins, Gilmore, and next years 1st

• Yes
    • No

Again, I know it wouldn't happen now nor am I proposing it as reality. I'm saying, at the time, would you have traded four 1sts and that 2nd for the 1st overall pick. The end result is the players I named

There would need to be so much more added to this deal. It's a silly hypothetical because at the time, the Colts would not have even though of making this deal.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a chance to trade for a young QB that you know is a sure thing, then its worth it. Luck is money in the bank at this point so I would go for that trade.

On the other hand, we have that situation in Washington where they used or gave up a total of 4 picks (3 firsts and 1 fourth) for 2 QBs back in 2012. And it doesn't look like they are anywhere near being set. They now have Colt McCoy as their starter.

I said no. Trade away your best LT since Jason Peters, a 1st year WR who clearly looks like he's on the rise, another 1st, a CB that has shown to be solid at times though inconsistent as well, and a bust QB. Our OL would be worse than ever, our WR corps would be weak at best, and even our secondary would take a hit. Not to mention that would be two years in a row without a 1st. Luck or no Luck we would be in trouble.

I probably would... even though I don't like it. Luck has potential to be a real game changer for a team... Watkins, and Glenn are damned good, but their positions do less to change a football team's fortunes compared to a potential HoF QB.

But really, it's all kinda moot and silly.

That so many people can't figure out the OPs intent makes me question the intelligence level of this board. Pretty sad to see how far this place has fallen.

What's really sad is how arrogant they are when the point, which is not a hard one to grasp, completely escapes them. This is a time I wish I could put a permanent asterisk next to posters' profiles to remind me they're not playing with a full deck.

put down the crack pipe and step away from the table

here's a trade that is more likely to happen

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread141022TB/nfl-trade-proposal-new-england-patriots-quarterback-tom-brady-houston-texans

Cinderfella to Houston.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

What's really sad is how arrogant they are when the point, which is not a hard one to grasp, completely escapes them. This is a time I wish I could put a permanent asterisk next to posters' profiles to remind me they're not playing with a full deck.

Not sad, funny. The responses just confirm some proven nitwits and expose some new ones. Great thread!

That so many people can't figure out the OPs intent makes me question the intelligence level of this board. Pretty sad to see how far this place has fallen.

Dude the op is basically saying trade 4 first round picks and a decent Left tackle for one player.

Add to the fact that it's past tense and you have a stupid thread. According to him the idea is just fun speculation.

I get the idea. But I'm not playing.

Edit: Some fans are/were making a big deal for the Watkins trade. I believe there's 2 active theads discussing the subject now. Some hated the trade, some now are accepting the trade. And that was just next year's #1. The op is talking about 4 #1's AND THROW in your #1 tackle. Cmon.... Really....

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

or even worse, the people who can't recognize thatother understand the question and think the hypothetical musing is so unrealistic that it is not worth considering even as a lark. Those people are the worst.

In hindsight. Basically, would you have trade those 4 players for Luck. That's basically the 1st and 2nd the year Luck came out and the next 3 1sts.

I'm not saying I know that would get it done, but I feel like it's in the ballpark.

Personally, I'd do it. EJ isn't a loss if we have Luck. Gilmore isn't the shutdown corner we thought he'd be. Glenn is still a question mark. I always find it interesting to look at trades involving picks after the picks have been made. To me, this is a no brainer.

Just fun speculation

ROFL!!! You aren't serious right? I mean I'd love to have Luck be the QB, but there is no way in a million years it would ever happen. I mean you know that right?

I like hypothetical trade scenarios too.

For those who would do this trade in a second (again, assuming Indy would agree, which they never would), at what point would you say "too much"? Who else would have to be added? Dareus? Aaron Williams? Kiko? I know some people would trade all 53 players but that is ludicrous, no?

Edited by QB Bills

Indianapolis would NEVER do this. It's just simple.

The rest of this is pointless. Seriously, if you were the GM of the Colts, would you?

I've always think the Sabres should trade 5/6 scrubs and a one or two good players for Steven Stampkos

Why not just trade away our entire defensive line for Aaron Rogers?

Edited by KRT88

I like hypothetical trade scenarios too.

For those who would do this trade in a second (again, assuming Indy would agree, which they never would), at what point would you say "too much"? Who else would have to be added? Dareus? Aaron Williams? Kiko? I know some people would trade all 53 players but that is ludicrous, no?

if necessary...all 53.

if necessary....the next 5 first round picks (would anyone regret Andrew Luck for our last 5 @ 1st round picks) ?

andrew luck & completely start over is a winner.